Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Need To Pas Smog!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 09:55 AM
InsaneChink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need To Pas Smog!!!!

alright guys, it seems that this is a real hush hush thing, but i really need a SMOG ONLY place that will pass anything. Willing to pay upto 300.00. Please PM me if you have any leads. All my previous places have closed. Thanks!!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

EASY!

Go to the dealership and take a Z for a test drive. Put your Plate on the car and take it in for the inspection. Get the sticker off while it is still new and put it on your ride.

Problem solved.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:39 AM
THE TECH

What you are asking for is illegal. Please keep this kind of thing off the boards please.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:36 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its strange, but i havent needed to smog my z for 4 years....bought it in 11/2002.

and i just got my renewal papers this year not requiring a smog, so it'll be at least 5 years before i need to smog.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:48 AM
InsaneChink

Originally Posted by THE TECH
What you are asking for is illegal. Please keep this kind of thing off the boards please.
hmmm, your avatar says PREMIER MEMBER and NOT MODERATOR. So check yourself bro. Street racing is illegal also, and we have a whole thread dedicated to it.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:49 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InsaneChink
hmmm, your avatar says PREMIER MEMBER and NOT MODERATOR. So check yourself bro. Street racing is illegal also, and we have a whole thread dedicated to it.
No Different than skipping out on window tint or asking how to get out of a ticket or talking about top ending your Z on the highway.

I think there are far worse things you can than choke a few damn butterflies to death and do something that is LEGAL in 45 other states.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:03 PM
InsaneChink

Originally Posted by sq40
No Different than skipping out on window tint or asking how to get out of a ticket or talking about top ending your Z on the highway.

I think there are far worse things you can than choke a few damn butterflies to death and do something that is LEGAL in 45 other states.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 PM
AXIS6969

Originally Posted by sq40
EASY!

Go to the dealership and take a Z for a test drive. Put your Plate on the car and take it in for the inspection. Get the sticker off while it is still new and put it on your ride.

Problem solved.

thats not true...they get the vin number off the car there smogging and that car wont even come up as a registered car. and you cant change the vin number because its on the dash board..
Old 09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
AXIS6969

alright guys, it seems that this is a real hush hush thing, but i really need a SMOG ONLY place that will pass anything. Willing to pay upto 300.00. Please PM me if you have any leads. All my previous places have closed. Thanks!!
ill find out for you where you can go...my cuz goes to this place in l.a lynwood area where they smog hooked up cars...its his buddy so he hooks him up...what is you have done that it doesnt pass smog? because if its just cat delete pipes save your self the money and take them off and put them back on..
Old 09-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Vicynax

You sure you are InsaneCHINK? ****** usually just walks up to any smog check place in Monterey Park / City of Industry, shove few extra bills, and they'll pass it for you At least I know I used to do that 10+ years ago on my Civic haha.

I'll PM you info of contact info once I get it. Not sure if they'll do it for someone they've never met though. I know they still do since they register S13/S14 swap cars.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
esfand

i need to know too.... if anyone knows can you PLEASE pm me
thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 01:17 PM
THE TECH

Has nothing to do with being a moderator. Cops frequent forums, so there is no reason to post blatantly illegal actions.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:13 PM
TayTaythatsme04

what is the cop going to do ? say his a bad man for killing butterflys . . . Who cares theres a ton off people on here with FI no cats and etc so its a good topic so if you dont have an info to better this thread then back off

Thanks

T
Old 09-06-2006, 02:23 PM
SnoDog

+1

Too many people on here nowadays are becoming "premier members" in hopes of trying to play mini-mod. Premier members are premier members, not moderators.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:21 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
what is the cop going to do ? say his a bad man for killing butterflys . . . Who cares theres a ton off people on here with FI no cats and etc so its a good topic so if you dont have an info to better this thread then back off

Thanks

T
not being smoke legal is a minor offense, falsifying VIN data is a federal offense that gets you jail time...

I'd rethink your statement
Old 09-06-2006, 03:25 PM
nissansource

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
not being smoke legal is a minor offense, falsifying VIN data is a federal offense that gets you jail time...

I agree with you 100% what is done to your car that wont make you pass are you turbo????? bolt on cat pretest somewhere see what happends if not unbolt and bolt on again
Old 09-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apex locator
its strange, but i havent needed to smog my z for 4 years....bought it in 11/2002.

and i just got my renewal papers this year not requiring a smog, so it'll be at least 5 years before i need to smog.
New cars shouldnt be do for 6 years.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:23 PM
TayTaythatsme04

Originally Posted by mrtomcat

wasnt talking about the VIN number switch thing that was somebody else, and yes that is pretty stupid idea. But in terms of cats and stuff like that, if CA wants to have some of the worse emissions rules in the nation then people are are going to find away around it to enjoy modding and tuner there cars.

or as nissansource said un-bolt it - test - and bolt back on.

but talking about it on a car forum, isnt that a topic you see on a car forum, ie test pipes, exhaust, turbos, etc

T
Old 09-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Speedy6

InsaneChink,

I'll check my contact in LA and let you know.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Beer Goggles

It's not just cat-delete that the issue, CAI, and other things will fail visual inspection.

Quick Reply: Need To Pas Smog!!!!