Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Upcoming K-Town Z/G meet info - Check Here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 05:51 PM
350zspeedman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 PM
creaminz

Originally Posted by YBLegal
oh i didnt know you guys came for the meet~ man you should of rolled with us.. yours is the one thats SCed out right? damn sounded mean too
Yep, mine is one with SCFX lincense plate, used to have the Supercharger that's why I got that "SC FX" vanity plate but now with VRT Twin Turbos +extras... Alex has HKS exhaust with no Resonator, sounds awsome and LOUD Alex's FX = SEX
Old 10-26-2006, 07:42 PM
skimnismo

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
^ hey Skimnismo, u should get YBLegal's C4's and then sell me your stockers for dirt cheap hahahaha

hahaahhah..i still like my stock rims...if i decide to sell them..i'll let u know..
Old 10-26-2006, 07:45 PM
skimnismo

Originally Posted by 350zspeedman
a friend of mine has an 06 so hes in the market for some wheels....skimnismo dont you have an 06 as well? you should ask yb if he wants to trade..my friend is putting a feeler for now so will see what happens..

yea i got 06 Z.....i dunnoe..will see....
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 PM
FairladyZX

Originally Posted by CREAMINZ
Yep, mine is one with SCFX lincense plate, used to have the Supercharger that's why I got that "SC FX" vanity plate but now with VRT Twin Turbos +extras... Alex has HKS exhaust with no Resonator, sounds awsome and LOUD Alex's FX = SEX

^ wow! VRT is da ****! u mind sharing your dyno#s and 1/4 mile times?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:47 PM
FairladyZX

Originally Posted by skimnismo
hahaahhah..i still like my stock rims...if i decide to sell them..i'll let u know..
Old 10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
kPaNdA350

all i did was change out the rear singal bulbs with super white jdm replacement bulb. they run about $10 each and comes in blue too. u can get them at any asian 'hello kitty' gift shops if they carry 'em. lolz, they do look a lot better than amber imo
Is that how you converted yours to red yb?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM
skimnismo

wwhat year is your Z fairladyzx?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:52 PM
creaminz

^ wow! VRT is da ****! u mind sharing your dyno#s and 1/4 mile times?
First Dyno we did back in August with Stock Motor, 383 tq...@7.5 psi
Now I've put Built Motor but still in break-in period. VRT will tune it sometime nextweek for better numbers and higher boost. Looking to get somewhere between 450-470. There's another guy name Viet, his FX was the first VRT TT FX with built motor. He ran 1/4 @ Cal Speedway on Sept. 23rd,
13.3 sec @ 103...with 22" Front 19" Rear. We will be going to Cal Speedway this Saturday. I gurantee Viet will be in 12's this time.

Last edited by creaminz; 10-26-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 PM
FairladyZX

^ that's sick! u guys are in the porche territory already.. ....now i'm really starting to hate my stock z
Old 10-26-2006, 09:05 PM
FairladyZX

Originally Posted by kpanda350
i think he's got some overlays to it

Originally Posted by skimnismo
wwhat year is your Z fairladyzx?
my is the original 04'......i wish i waited till 06' but i couldn't.....
Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 PM
skimnismo

i think he's got some overlays to it

my is the original 04'......i wish i waited till 06' but i couldn't.....

koo koo
Old 10-27-2006, 12:00 AM
ML37

JUST SAY NO TO SOJU TOWN!!!!!

WATERED DOWN SOJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gimpster and i can get hook ups at yigaju, pipers, and orchid.

orchid valet guys are cool. i can talk to them and yall can park yourself in the lot. orchid's like a hollywood bar in ktown. very chill place.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 AM
YBLegal

yeah orchid is pretty nice~
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
YBLegal

Originally Posted by kPaNdA350
yeah i got a overlay
Old 10-27-2006, 09:36 AM
stiv

I know there's a bustling nightlife in the K-Town district. Is anyone familiar with any of the numerous pubs that seem to be open real late. I'm talking about the types of places that don't serve meals per se but small dishes/appetizers meant to be washed down with beer or soju.

For example, back in the day, my buddies took me to a great hole-in-the-wall pub that mainly served chicken and beer and they were open pretty late.

On another occassion, we went to this sportsbar that was named after Hite Beer. And there also used to be a cozy microbrewery but I think it's defunct.

I'm pretty familiar with the Japanese pubs (Izakaya) in Little Tokyo but I'd like to get more of a handle on the K-Town pub (not nightclub) scene.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
350zspeedman

For example, back in the day, my buddies took me to a great hole-in-the-wall pub that mainly served chicken and beer and they were open pretty late.
(im guessing this is chuga jib located on 3rd st.)
On another occassion, we went to this sportsbar that was named after Hite Beer. And there also used to be a cozy microbrewery but I think it's defunct.
(i believe this is hite gongjang on wilshire)
dam i wanna hit up the japanese scene never tried it. Aishteru nijon jin.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:56 AM
stiv

Cool!

We can use this board to exchange info on our favorite hang-out spots.

I'm bad with names but there's a great Japanese tapas style pub that's been in the Honda Plaza for years. It's hip, cheap and open late. The last time I went there, ironically, I found out that it had been recently purchased by a Korean couple but they've kept everything the same. In fact, our server was actually Japanese.

There's also an Izakaya pub upstairs at the Japanese Village center. Right next to this pub there's this great hole-in-the-wall place where they have killer all-inclusive deals. This is the way to go if you've got a group that's celebrating or something. It's not super cheap but it's the cheapest way to party in style in Little Tokyo. Basically, for a fee that varies depending on the size of the party, you get all you can eat Kobe beef and some small appetizers. Depending on your arrangement, you can have all you can drink sake and beer as well if you pay a little more. The service is great there. Picture kimono-clad young girls periodically checking to make sure everyone has enough to eat/drink. This is the type of place that's usually packed with Japanese salarymen with their ties loosened, getting their buzz on... It's gotta be the cheapest place in LA to eat Kobe beef...

The other place I'm thinking of is also upstairs but it's located in the Weller Court center. Just ask someone at Weller Court where the Izakaya style pub is and they'll know.

The great thing about Izakaya places is that they're open late, they're usually very hip in an understated way, they've got great drinking snacks, and they've got fresh Japanese beer on tap. Japanese beer is nearly impossible to find on tap in The States and the taste is like night and day compared to the store bought Japanese beer which is usually brewed in Canada. For example, Kirin on tap is on par with some of the better European ales; no joke.

Oh crap, I've gotta get back to work.

Take care everyone.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:04 PM
skimnismo

Originally Posted by stiv
Cool!

We can use this board to exchange info on our favorite hang-out spots.

I'm bad with names but there's a great Japanese tapas style pub that's been in the Honda Plaza for years. It's hip, cheap and open late. The last time I went there, ironically, I found out that it had been recently purchased by a Korean couple but they've kept everything the same. In fact, our server was actually Japanese.

There's also an Izakaya pub upstairs at the Japanese Village center. Right next to this pub there's this great hole-in-the-wall place where they have killer all-inclusive deals. This is the way to go if you've got a group that's celebrating or something. It's not super cheap but it's the cheapest way to party in style in Little Tokyo. Basically, for a fee that varies depending on the size of the party, you get all you can eat Kobe beef and some small appetizers. Depending on your arrangement, you can have all you can drink sake and beer as well if you pay a little more. The service is great there. Picture kimono-clad young girls periodically checking to make sure everyone has enough to eat/drink. This is the type of place that's usually packed with Japanese salarymen with their ties loosened, getting their buzz on... It's gotta be the cheapest place in LA to eat Kobe beef...

The other place I'm thinking of is also upstairs but it's located in the Weller Court center. Just ask someone at Weller Court where the Izakaya style pub is and they'll know.

The great thing about Izakaya places is that they're open late, they're usually very hip in an understated way, they've got great drinking snacks, and they've got fresh Japanese beer on tap. Japanese beer is nearly impossible to find on tap in The States and the taste is like night and day compared to the store bought Japanese beer which is usually brewed in Canada. For example, Kirin on tap is on par with some of the better European ales; no joke.

Oh crap, I've gotta get back to work.

Take care everyone.

hmm japanese scenes seem cool...i've never tried chillin at japanese places...
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 PM
FairladyZX

+10 let's do this

Quick Reply: Upcoming K-Town Z/G meet info - Check Here!