Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Upcoming K-Town Z/G meet info - Check Here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:37 AM
knucklez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will not be attending the bbq. I already have plans for noon sunday, if i do end up attending, i will be a late. I will bring brownies. Regular brownies.

Last edited by knucklez; 08-02-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
knucklez

I'm going to go get my tires fixed right now (turns out one of the flat tires had a nail in it ) and going to WCN later on today. Anyone wanna tag along?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
knucklez

Joly Cow.. So i went to 5th/pico some place called Beverly Auto Body and Tires.. I stay in line to get my tire patched up, my rims already off about to get work done on after they patch up a customers tire before me. As i look at how they work, it scared the SHIZ out of me.

First off, i told them to take off/put on the lugs by hand, not by the gun.... They totally ignore what i say and proceed on using the gun

Second, they all use METAL-like tools that can scratch up the polished lip of any aftermarket wheels.

Third, they litterally threw the customers rims onto the floor to take his second pair of tires off the rims.

After I saw the "third" part, i was like "f this" and told the store owner to put my wheels back on BY HAND.. I was in NO WAY going to get my tire patched up at this place. This really pissed me off.. I woke up at 10 in the morning to get my wheels patched up and ended up wasting 5 dollars and 30 minutes of my life.

Anyone know a good place to get my wheels patched?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Benzoboi

I never trust anywhere in ktown to do ANYTHING to my car...NEVER....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Profink

Originally Posted by knucklez
Anyone know a good place to get my wheels patched?
How far are you willing to drive? I know a great shop, but they're out in Agoura Hills. Its the only place I go to.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:14 AM
knucklez

Hey, guess what? WCN does that too! HAHA YAYYYYYYYYYY!

West Covina Nissan FTW! I'll be going in around 1-3 today.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knucklez
Hey, guess what? WCN does that too! HAHA YAYYYYYYYYYY!

West Covina Nissan FTW! I'll be going in around 1-3 today.
yeah i was about to say, they patched one of my tires for me when i got a nail in it. it still leaks air but very slowly... i just fill up once every couple weeks.
i know i should just buy another tire, but my god oem potenza's are stupid expensive.. i'd rather replace all 4 tires in a few more months. and then i might as well get new wheels toooo.......man, i should start a savings account just for mods

have fun at wcn say hi to jeff/jenny for me
Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
knucklez

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
yeah i was about to say, they patched one of my tires for me when i got a nail in it. it still leaks air but very slowly... i just fill up once every couple weeks.
i know i should just buy another tire, but my god oem potenza's are stupid expensive.. i'd rather replace all 4 tires in a few more months. and then i might as well get new wheels toooo.......man, i should start a savings account just for mods

have fun at wcn say hi to jeff/jenny for me
I might visit WCN every week for the heck of it.. Lot of nice people over there, very clean atmosphere too .. Lots of nice things to drool over (female workers and cars).
Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

lol there was about a month where i was there almost every week, 2x a week sometimes.. it's always a pleasure hanging out with the crew there.. especially since i'm allowed to wander around as i please..
Old 08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Profink

I just looked into Griffith Park and Elysian Park and both parts are not allowing any BBQing because of the fire hazards there. I REPEAT, NO BBQING AT GRIFFITH OR ELYSIAN! I was told that some people still do, but if a ranger comes by that you're going to get shut down.

I think our next best options are either Balboa or CV. They aren't near the burn area of Griffith, so BBQing is probably okay, but don't quote me on it. I've never been to either really, so if someone else wants to step up and help out here, DO IT!

And finally, the list got split last night, so here is what should be the most up to date list. Double check it and make changes if neccesary.

0. Pooplet - Marinated meats from a mexican meat joint
1. Boneout JZA80 - + hamburger patties
2. oneDIRTYz + sodas + cups + ice
3. Benzoboi
4. richiex23
5. Eric Kim
6. Kpanda350
7. Knucklez
8. Cousin Jun
9. Jtuned/ Toyo Mike Shin
10. Hannah
11. Sunhae
12. Bro
13. Bros wife
14. Bro's baby
15. IbarraZ33
16. gsazabi - It'll be my first time meeting u guys(besides Eric)
17. Profink - more soda + drinks + ice
18. deviljon - not in the z. i'll bring something but dont know what yet.
19. Shine auto project Ken + Isaac ( maybe) - shine auto white amuse 350z w/ vsxx
20. boneout bryan w/ supercharged prelude
21. carol w/ supercharged prelude
22. Speednstylez.com owner James - G35 coupe
Old 08-02-2007, 01:10 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i've been trying to call the phone number i found for CV park to ask about bbqing, but no luck, no one picks up. it's 818-249-5940 if anyone else wants to try. would city hall or something know about it? la crescenta doesn't even have a city hall... i think we're part of glendale.

http://parks.lacounty.gov/Parkinfo.a...centa%20Valley
that's the info i found from la county's site.. the district # goes to a voicemail too. do these people not show up to work?

Last edited by onedirtyz; 08-02-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Profink

i've been trying to call the phone number i found for CV park to ask about bbqing, but no luck, no one picks up. it's 818-249-5940 if anyone else wants to try. would city hall or something know about it? la crescenta doesn't even have a city hall... i think we're part of glendale.

http://parks.lacounty.gov/Parkinfo.a...centa%20Valley
that's the info i found from la county's site.. the district # goes to a voicemail too. do these people not show up to work?
I just got through. BBQing is allowed in desginated areas, aka. picnic areas with a BBQ pit. Its to late for a reservation, but I'm going to call the reservation number to see if there are any large groups we need to worry about.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Profink

Originally Posted by Profink
I just got through. BBQing is allowed in desginated areas, aka. picnic areas with a BBQ pit. Its to late for a reservation, but I'm going to call the reservation number to see if there are any large groups we need to worry about.
Okay. Just talked to the Reservation Department for CV and it turns out that there are no reservations on the 4th for the Hindenburg Area which sounds like the place to be if we want to BBQ. I say we make this spot the official site.

It is first come first serve, so the sooner people can show up the better. I don't mind going early as long as there are a few people willing to join me.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i live less than 2 minutes from there... i'll come as soon as i wake up/shower/etc.
oh yeah, did they happen to mention where the "hindenburg" area is...? all i know about it is that it used to be a **** rallying place.....lol... actually all of la crescenta/glendale was HUGE on ***** and neo-*****. silly white people and all their hate..
Old 08-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Profink

i live less than 2 minutes from there... i'll come as soon as i wake up/shower/etc.
oh yeah, did they happen to mention where the "hindenburg" area is...? all i know about it is that it used to be a **** rallying place.....lol... actually all of la crescenta/glendale was HUGE on ***** and neo-*****. silly white people and all their hate..
And now its populated with dirty Armenians.

The lady didn't mention what area of the park that is, but I was told there were 15 concrete tables and an outdoor kitchen area. I'll see if I can find anything else out online.

I'll PM you my number, so you can let me know when you're on your way.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by Profink
And now its populated with dirty Armenians.

The lady didn't mention what area of the park that is, but I was told there were 15 concrete tables and an outdoor kitchen area. I'll see if I can find anything else out online.

I'll PM you my number, so you can let me know when you're on your way.
ooh ok i know where it is.. i'll drive by and make sure tonight, then do a little doodling on a map and post it up so you guys will know.

ok i guess you and i are making it official?

SUNDAY'S PICNIC IS AT CV PARK @ 12pm NOON!!!
[mainly because no place else will let us bbq!!]

Last edited by onedirtyz; 08-02-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:48 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

ben can you let all the people who you added to the list know that it's at cv park? also i think you posted about it in a couple other threads.. might want to update.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 PM
erickim080387

TIGHTTTT!!!! 5 mins from my HOUSE~
Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Profink

ok i guess you and i are making it official?
I think we we / you just did with those big colorful letters.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

i just sent out a massive text to all the socal z people i know.. hopefully some more will show up
oh yeah, and i'm picking 12pm as the "official" start time.. hopefully i won't be late lolll

soo sorry, i hope it's ok that i/we chose this location and time... i figure if i say 12, people will show up by 1 or 2.. so that's kind of like the original 1:30 plan.

Quick Reply: Upcoming K-Town Z/G meet info - Check Here!