Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Bear Frame & Wheel in Glendora

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Bear Frame & Wheel in Glendora

Bear Frame & Wheel in Glendora is a great place to get your alignment taken care of. I made the mistake of going to Hiro's in Costa Mesa to get my alignment, camber arms/toe kit installed, and they didn't fix the toe for my car. I went back but the guy there said my rears were slipping because I had summer tires and it's been raining lately (bullsh*t). So my rear toe in was off 1.5 inches and my rear tires started to get scrubbed. I'm never going back there.

Bear Frame does the alignment by hand and I was out of there in less than 30 minutes. I forgot to ask for a write up of my specs since I was in a hurry. They fixed my camber, caster, and toe for $70 on all four wheels. Whats great also is that they're open on Saturdays for those who can't take their car in during the week. I have aftermarket rims and they were very careful putting the measuring calipers on the rims. Now my car feels like it's on rails unlike the squirrely feeling on f*cked up rear toe in.

Here's their info:
Bear Frame & Wheel
143 West Arrow Highway
Glendora, CA 91740
(626) 335-0243

They're definitely worth a try.

Oh, here's a short course on wheel alignment for those who aren't familiar with toe, camber, caster, etc: http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm
Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 AM
AFKGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man, i've been looking for shop that can do a good job on alignments. I'm going to give them a call later and see if i can come in tomorrow.

Would that be ok if i said i've been recommended by you (insert name here)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Vertex350

Originally Posted by AFKGuy
Awesome man, i've been looking for shop that can do a good job on alignments. I'm going to give them a call later and see if i can come in tomorrow.

Would that be ok if i said i've been recommended by you (insert name here)?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah man no problem. They're very fair with their pricing and you can also watch them work on your car. But you want to get there as early as possible because they close at 4:30pm Weekdays and 3pm on Saturdays. I'm not sure if they take appointments since I just showed up early they didn't have a problem with me. They may stop taking people around 2:15pm-2:30pm depending on how busy they are.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:50 PM
shensuji

Actually, Bear alignment in Monterey park is the original shop. When Dazz (Racing Hart importer/ RH EVO duplicator) was still around in SG, they sent of their cars to Bear. It's good to know that they still do a decent job. Which brand of toe/arm kit did you go with?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Vertex350

Originally Posted by shensuji
Actually, Bear alignment in Monterey park is the original shop. When Dazz (Racing Hart importer/ RH EVO duplicator) was still around in SG, they sent of their cars to Bear. It's good to know that they still do a decent job. Which brand of toe/arm kit did you go with?
Oh cool, I didn't know the original shop was out there. I went with the SPC toe/arm kit that I bought from one of the forum vendors. Have you done work with them before?

AFK... were you on your way to Bear today around 11am? I thought I waved to you going North on Grand Ave... but then again, you're the only one I know with TK brakes and the Amuse exhaust.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:21 AM
AFKGuy

Originally Posted by Vestax350
Oh cool, I didn't know the original shop was out there. I went with the SPC toe/arm kit that I bought from one of the forum vendors. Have you done work with them before?

AFK... were you on your way to Bear today around 11am? I thought I waved to you going North on Grand Ave... but then again, you're the only one I know with TK brakes and the Amuse exhaust.
So it was you that i saw yesterday - I waved back at you but i'm not sure if u saw me waving bcoz of my tinted windows.

Anyways, I went there but they were terribly busy and they told me to come back after their lunch is over (1pm). At around 1:13pm they started to work on my Z. I told them my situation, like how my Z is pulling to the right etc. They did a couple of test drives after each adjustments and they were so careful putting the measuring calipers which was a big plus to me.

Robert @Bear Alignment is the guy that took care of me, he was really helpful and explained every little details to me. I didn't really have much free time yesterday so i only had them do my front-end. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ the service and got my problem fixed

Many Thanks Vestax350 (Rommel) for looking out and letting us know about this shop.

Last edited by AFKGuy; 01-07-2007 at 10:49 AM.