Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

traffic attorney referrals..?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default traffic attorney referrals..?

wait, before i even get into this, let me climb into my flame suit

ok, i'm ready.

so i got two speeding tickets exactly three months apart from one another.

the first one was last november in fresno county, violation of vehicle code 22348(b) speeding in excess of 100.

the second was this past saturday night, LA county, violation of vehicle code 22349(a) exceeding 65mph.

in short, there's no way i can afford to just admit guilt, do traffic school (which i can only do for one of them, or possibly a second-offense traffic school too) and watch my insurance skyrocket. i need a lawyer.

does anyone have any good, solid references for traffic lawyers, people whose services you've utilized and walked out with happy results?
is anyone on here a lawyer?

YES i know;
-i will slow down. i AM slowing down.
-i'll reserve the lead-foot for the track.
-i'm an idiot driver....
-i give the rest of you a bad rep..
-i should drive a civic.....
-and whatever else flames you've got coming to me.....

seriously, though... help a girl out.

Last edited by onedirtyz; 03-01-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Sean

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
-and whatever else flames you've got coming to me.....

if you can go even faster, you can travel back in time and warn yourself to avoid the tickets....and while you are at it, send me an email with the superbowl score so I can go to vegas with it.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
jaZon350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Ticket...
Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
FairladyZX

i think u can only go to traffic school once within 1.5~2 yrs. good luck on finding the lawyer. invest in a radar detector at the main time. it helps u to slow down even tho it gives out a lot false signals sometimz
Old 02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

yeah... i'm gonna order the v1 next week.

you can go to traffic school if you haven't attended in the past 18 months, which i haven't. and there is a 'second offense' traffic school deal that some judges might allow one to take... some long-*** 12 hr course.

ughhhhh i feel so ill-equipped to handle **** like this. maybe i should look into hiring a chauffeur instead.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
FairladyZX

and there is a 'second offense' traffic school deal that some judges might allow one to take... some long-*** 12 hr course.

ughhhhh i feel so ill-equipped to handle **** like this.
good to know there is such an offer for 2nd offense traffic school. but yea every1 hates it when they get caught
Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 PM
yahookendogg

hey i got a speeding ticket too. here's my plan, and maybe urs too. I already paid the fine which was like 150 so that i can get a court date. from my experience this works pretty well; the thing is, when the cop doesn't show up at the court on that date, you basically win the case automatically. so, at least 10 business days before your court date, your allowed to call-in and delay your date; you can actually do this several times. what this kind of does is, the cop loses track of the dates and might not show up at the court. gluck.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

yup i've been reading [yes im a nerd] a million different 'how to beat your ticket' websites and crap....that's definitely one of the strategies.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 PM
yahookendogg

yea, hopefully this works out. i dont see how getting an attorney would help you win the case, because the cop already has evidence that you speeded so how are you gona argue with that?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:07 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

they know a lot of sh*t we don't... and traffic attorneys work with the prosecuters and the judges so often.. they've got an inherent lead in the game, moreso than a lowly citizen. plus my first ticket was determined by radar.. lots of radar tix are thrown out for various reasons.

i'm looking into setting up consultation meetings with lawyers... see what they say. it can't hurt.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 AM
Sideways

Here are three that I have seen used in the past:

http://www.nsxfiles.com/pulptickets.htm

http://www.866speeding.com/

http://www.mrdui.com/
Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over the summer I got a pair of tickets a few months apart as well. Similar to you, one ticket was for 60 in a 45 and the other I was caught doing well over a 100. Luckily I got the cop to write up the ticket for 99+ which allowed me to take traffic school.

Well I completed traffic school for the 99+ ticket and I extended traffic school for the other ticket for another month or so. I'm just going to do an online traffic school for the other ticket in hopes that it will be accepted. The chances are slim though so I'll probably just take the hit in insurance.

Haven't talked to a lawyer, but I explained my situation to the second cop who ticketed me and he suggested that I try and request traffic school for both tickets through a judge. He mentioned that if your record is clean for the most part then you might be able to do traffic school for both tickets.

You could just do traffic school for one ticket and try a trial by declaration for the other. I've talked to others who were ticketed for 100+ and their lawyer fees were well over a $1000. Unless you risk getting your license suspended, I'd think that the rise in your insurance premium might cost less than an actual lawyer.

BTW, I went to this car meet the other week and some guy was telling his ticket story. This guy says he was pulled over for $100+, I think he said something like 130mph or so. Well he goes to court and says the judge was really cool about it and let him take traffic school. I think his fine was $600+, but the key is that his license was not suspended and that he was allowed to take traffic school. You might try your luck with a judge yourself.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:06 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

yeah i'm really, really hoping i can take care of the 100+ ticket with traffic school and the fine. the way the law is written, if it's your first offense for 100+ the fine is a maximum $500 which i can totally handle.. i just don't want that one going on my record.

i wonder how much one can postpone a ticket... like would i be able to get extension for the court date for the second ticket long enough [basically, 18 months after traffic school] to be able to do traffic school again?

hmm.. this is why i want to consult with a traffic attorney. they know these things!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
deluzrider

Originally Posted by yahookendogg
hey i got a speeding ticket too. here's my plan, and maybe urs too. I already paid the fine which was like 150 so that i can get a court date. from my experience this works pretty well; the thing is, when the cop doesn't show up at the court on that date, you basically win the case automatically. so, at least 10 business days before your court date, your allowed to call-in and delay your date; you can actually do this several times. what this kind of does is, the cop loses track of the dates and might not show up at the court. gluck.
ive done this twice and gotten out of 2 tickets
Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
leatherface_ca

I am a coordinator at a Law Office. We have 2 excellent attorneys that can help you out. Our office is located in Alhambra, CA 91801. Consultation is free and we charge on contingency basis.

Give me a call if you are interested for a consultation.

Joseph
Coordinator
Law Office of Kevin S. Avery and Raymond Sham
430 S. Garfield Ave, Suite 101
Alhambra, CA 91801
626-215-8151
jpbautista@donjoph.com
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

wow, i appreciate it. i'll probably give you guys a call soon. except... your forum name scares me
Old 02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
leatherface_ca

Do not let that bother you. I assure you that I do not carry a chainsaw....

wow, i appreciate it. i'll probably give you guys a call soon. except... your forum name scares me
Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

ok random update: so i FINALLY got my citation notice from fresno county for the first ticket......holy **** it's like the scariest thing i've ever read.
"NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED. MAIL PAYMENT NOT ACCEPTED"
"PLEASE SHOW UP IN COALINGA SO THAT WE MAY BUTT-RAPE YOU AND SUCK THE BLOOD OUT OF YOUR BODY"

i have to be in coalinga [3+ hr drive from here] on any tuesday morning at 8:30am between now and april 24th.

my lawyer search is on for reals now. leatherface... you may be hearing from me soon. can i schedule a consultation with your office through PM?
Old 03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Volk350Z
Master

www.ticketclinic.com try them before... my case i just end up paying $80 for the fee and the ticket got throw out..
Old 03-02-2007, 02:59 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can request a change of venue to a local court, but I believe you were supposed to request it from the officer at the time you actually got the ticket. You can also make a request to the judge, but I guess you'll have to drive up to make that request.

Quick Reply: traffic attorney referrals..?