Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Are the cops in your area @$@%@% ??!! what city ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:55 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude just post it.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The funny part is, I live in glendale but never get pulled over here in the Z. I got a ticket on crest for speeding, and yesterday I got a ticket for being in the carpool lane without a hot lady next to me, .

I think certain mods give it away. My exhaust is pretty loud, just as loud as another exhaust with TP's but all the cops do is stare. In my opinion, if you have tints, loud stereo then they will most likely pull you over. The front license plate you can get away with for a little while until they feel like writing you up.

Rule of thumb; go slow, drive smart, and you'll end up fine.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pooplet
<---- LAPD Cop . You wont be cited much in LAPD areas unless you look like a gangster. If you look like one then we will use your equipment violations to do a investigative traffic stop, which in the end will result in a ticket if you are clean. Try not to do street parking in the city of LA because the ticket venders can issue front plate cites now while you are away. From my experience stay away from West Covina PD,Glendale PD,Angeles crest highway CHP area, LAX police, and basically ALL areas that are infested with chippys.

thanks for the 411, i feel you on the gangster-look part i think if you have a shaved head or wear a hat looking all G-ed out which makes you look younger and responsible then your probably more prone to being harrassed, i have longer hair now and i try not to wear a baseball cap that sits att he top of my head

with the one arm cruise :P

but thanks for the heads up, i drive the beater accord in glendale or anything else available
Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by Draankol

If you guys want to know what I do to get out of tickets, which works for other people too, let me know and I'll put a post about it. I am 6' 4" about 250 and tattooed up, kinda scary looking for a cop to pull over, but not as bad as some. I am not all thugged out, I am just a big white dude that can have a menacing look sometimes, but really I am a mellow guy.

i love this part bro

what was funny was i was watching Another 48 hours last night on cable i dont think i would want to pull over someone who looked like the GANN's BROTHERS if you know what i mean

thanks for the 411

my coworker has an Indian, he told me one time that at Huntington Beach theyre the worse they pulled over like 25 of them and started giving them tickets for the german half helmet and the big handle bars
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
kourosH

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
kourosh

is that true about irvine cops, i lived at Orange Tree and Dartmouth for a period of 2 years total, ever really ran into Zs much there though except this one white stock looking one with Apex tilted N1's and a phat intercooler ...total sleeper

but about the cops hmmm never really got hassled down there although ive heard stories

my buddy has a yellow BMW M3 the minute he shaved his head (azn) he got pulled over 3 X in 2 weeks, they even asked if he was a gangster and asked him to lift up his sleeves for tattoos
I guess its true in theory..I haven't been hassled so-to-say, but I was tailgated by a cop once, for a couple lights, then he made quick left turn and left. There are tons of stories around though.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

santa monica meter maids are spawned from Satan. I got a ticket at 10pm EASTER SUNDAY for parking 2 hours in a 1hour spot...
Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

just wanted to say..if you guys ever roll down South St in cerritos, watch out for cops on bikes hiding around ...south st is known for Guppy or the promenade...something like that.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
LATEZ

Originally Posted by Wendy
just wanted to say..if you guys ever roll down South St in cerritos, watch out for cops on bikes hiding around ...south st is known for Guppy or the promenade...something like that.
Is officier wolf still around he gave me 5 fix it tix in a month and a total of 8 that summer...the guy use to cruise cerritos high school and cerritos parks and pulled over any lower cars ...got me at liberty park 3 times ...wrote my buddy three pages worth of fix it violations(ambers,no plate,tint,headlight too low,rear plate too low,top tint on windshield too low,exhaust,noise polution)
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LATEZ
Is officier wolf still around he gave me 5 fix it tix in a month and a total of 8 that summer...the guy use to cruise cerritos high school and cerritos parks and pulled over any lower cars ...got me at liberty park 3 times ...wrote my buddy three pages worth of fix it violations(ambers,no plate,tint,headlight too low,rear plate too low,top tint on windshield too low,exhaust,noise polution)
Holy crap, someone shoot that officer Wolf guy
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Draankol

Okay this is a bit of a read, but this is what I do when I get pulled over. It works on a bike too.

First, (1) roll down your windows, especially if they are tinted. When you are stopped on the side of the road, (2) take your keys out of the ignition and with your left hand, put them on top of the car so the officer can see that you have done this. Now, (3) put BOTH hands on the door, so the officer can see BOTH hands( if you ride, put your hands on top of your head with the key to the bike in your fingers so the officer can see it. Do not remove your helmet. The side of the rioad is dangerous and a lot of people run into pulled over cops and cars/bikes). You can put the out the window if you like, or just rest them on top of the door. DO NOT go fishing around in your glove box or pockets for your documents. (4) When the copper asks if you A) know how fast you were going, B) what you were doing wrong or C) what ever, BE HONEST. When he asks for your documentation (5) smile and say, "No problem, my license is in my wallet/glove box/ etc, I have no weapons (if you do, like a pocket knife [I always have a blade, Jarhead...] tell him you have it and offer to let him hold it while you deal with him). If you have to go into your glovey for your paper work, tell him where it is, and move slowly and diliberately. Sudden movements are VARY BAD. It is almost always at this point where the officer will take my documets look at them, make sure it is all kosher and tell me to slow down/not get side ways around a corner/drag knee on the street/etc. They may run your name through their computer and then come back. 11 out of 12 times this has worked. Actually more, I got pulled over twice in my Tundra, did this and it worked.

This is why: (1) If the copper can see in your car, he can see what you are doing, and there are less chances he'll get capped by some gangster or other type dirtbag. (2) If your keys are on top of the car, and he could see you take them out, he knows you're not going to run, and people run all the time. (3) If BOTH of your hands are in plane view, and hopefully not holding a gun, guess what, you have no weapon to use AGAINST him/her. (4) Don't lie to the officer, they get lied to ALL DAY, and if you are the one honest person they pull over that day, guess who gets a warning? (5) If you go fishing around for your docs, how is the copper assured you are not going for a weapon. Do not move until they tell you to, and when you do move, tell them what you are going to do. I have had two coppers ask me if I was an off duty officer after doing this (and trust me, I do not look like a cop!). When you do all these things, it shows the officer that you understand their job (even if you don't) and that you are no threat to them. I used to deal with three different agencies daily, and this is what I put together after talking to them everyday for many years. It works, and when I have told some of my cop friends that this is what I do when I get pulled over, they have all said that they would let just about anyone go who did this. Once they have you on the side of the road, you HAVE to play their game, like it or not, so why not play it well? Why not know the rules and how to work the system a little. I don't carry guns or drugs in my car, so I don't have to worry about it, if you do, that's your problem and you deal with it. If I do have a gun in my car, it is in plain veiw and I am on my way to or from the range.

Anyway, sorry for the book, but this is how I have gotten out of a bunch of tickets where I was totally and very clearly guilty.

Last edited by Draankol; 02-28-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Draankol

I don't know this officer Wolf, but try out CHP officer Bob Stout on Anglese Crest Hwy. Now that guys is a ****. He went head on with a jeep last year and almost bought the farm. I thought their was going to be a holiday declared in the sportbike community!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Pooplet

Okay this is a bit of a read, but this is what I do when I get pulled over. It works on a bike too.

First, (1) roll down your windows, especially if they are tinted. When you are stopped on the side of the road, (2) take your keys out of the ignition and with your left hand, put them on top of the car so the officer can see that you have done this. Now, (3) put BOTH hands on the door, so the officer can see BOTH hands( if you ride, put your hands on top of your head with the key to the bike in your fingers so the officer can see it. Do not remove your helmet. The side of the rioad is dangerous and a lot of people run into pulled over cops and cars/bikes). You can put the out the window if you like, or just rest them on top of the door. DO NOT go fishing around in your glove box or pockets for your documents. (4) When the copper asks if you A) know how fast you were going, B) what you were doing wrong or C) what ever, BE HONEST. When he asks for your documentation (5) smile and say, "No problem, my license is in my wallet/glove box/ etc, I have no weapons (if you do, like a pocket knife [I always have a blade, Jarhead...] tell him you have it and offer to let him hold it while you deal with him). If you have to go into your glovey for your paper work, tell him where it is, and move slowly and diliberately. Sudden movements are VARY BAD. It is almost always at this point where the officer will take my documets look at them, make sure it is all kosher and tell me to slow down/not get side ways around a corner/drag knee on the street/etc. They may run your name through their computer and then come back. 11 out of 12 times this has worked. Actually more, I got pulled over twice in my Tundra, did this and it worked.

This is why: (1) If the copper can see in your car, he can see what you are doing, and there are less chances he'll get capped by some gangster or other type dirtbag. (2) If your keys are on top of the car, and he could see you take them out, he knows you're not going to run, and people run all the time. (3) If BOTH of your hands are in plane view, and hopefully not holding a gun, guess what, you have no weapon to use AGAINST him/her. (4) Don't lie to the officer, they get lied to ALL DAY, and if you are the one honest person they pull over that day, guess who gets a warning? (5) If you go fishing around for your docs, how is the copper assured you are not going for a weapon. Do not move until they tell you to, and when you do move, tell them what you are going to do. I have had two coppers ask me if I was an off duty officer after doing this (and trust me, I do not look like a cop!). When you do all these things, it shows the officer that you understand their job (even if you don't) and that you are no threat to them. I used to deal with three different agencies daily, and this is what I put together after talking to them everyday for many years. It works, and when I have told some of my cop friends that this is what I do when I get pulled over, they have all said that they would let just about anyone go who did this. Once they have you on the side of the road, you HAVE to play their game, like it or not, so why not play it well? Why not know the rules and how to work the system a little. I don't carry guns or drugs in my car, so I don't have to worry about it, if you do, that's your problem and you deal with it. If I do have a gun in my car, it is in plain veiw and I am on my way to or from the range.

Anyway, sorry for the book, but this is how I have gotten out of a bunch of tickets where I was totally and very clearly guilty.

Well said.....Worst thing you can do is start denying/bull****ting us. There are quite a few times where the drivers mouth got them the ticket rather then speeding ect. BTW...when the ticket says example "45 mph in a 35 zone it means you were going roughly around 50 mph. We have to reduce 3-5 mph from the clock/pace. I forget exactly how much though.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

well said ill take that into consideration next time bro
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
918 Z

"14. hieu - Burbank - Tint and no front plates"

who pulled u over, ive been pulled over my cops of all times of the day in burbank(one for wearing 4pt seatbelts). i got pulled over for tint one night by a pretty cute latina....odd...cute cop chick
Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
hieu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 918 Z

who pulled u over, ive been pulled over my cops of all times of the day in burbank(one for wearing 4pt seatbelts). i got pulled over for tint one night by a pretty cute latina....odd...cute cop chick
I dont remember his name. I was near the Disney Channel building. Was about to turn in to park when he turned the lights on me...
Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Dozer

+another for Burbank.... I've gotten tinted window and no front license plate tickets... Also becareful driving up and down Hollywood Way during rush hour....
Old 03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
photo2u

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glendale

From this point forwards, I will not take my spending dollars to Glendale. I will keep them local at my city. Nothing personal, Glendale is a cool city but with peace officers pulling over cars? I truly do not need it. I have fought all of my tickets and won. Last ticket I got, the judge let the sheriff have it and tore him a new one. I know that some people rather pay the ticket then going to court. I think that WE have to take the time and use the courts to fight for our rights and make sure no one over steps their authority. You know, some officers are just rude and unprofessional. As tax payers we should not take anything but professional and excellence in service from our peace officers. There is just no place for in appropriate or un wanted comments from officers.

George from Pasadena

Last edited by photo2u; 03-01-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

i have Takatas well kind of and a cage waiting around the corner

whats the ticket for the 4 pt? i also have aftermarket seats, can i get sweated for those as well

thanks
Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
918 Z

he pulled me over, i think he thoought i didnt have any belts. he came up to the window and was like "whats up with ur seatbelts?". i told him they were installed according to FIA specifications. lol. anyways he gave me some bs about how that changing any type of safety restraint is against the law bc they must meet DOT standards. i think he was just trying to come up with something. id love to run into him, those belts saved my life and my gfs life when we were hit by a drunk driver in a suburban. he ddint give me a ticket. my windows werre down but he asked oin a sarcastic manner if they were tinted, i responded with a chuckle and no. last day i drop my bro off at high school
Old 03-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

he pulled me over, i think he thoought i didnt have any belts. he came up to the window and was like "whats up with ur seatbelts?". i told him they were installed according to FIA specifications. lol. anyways he gave me some bs about how that changing any type of safety restraint is against the law bc they must meet DOT standards. i think he was just trying to come up with something. id love to run into him, those belts saved my life and my gfs life when we were hit by a drunk driver in a suburban. he ddint give me a ticket. my windows werre down but he asked oin a sarcastic manner if they were tinted, i responded with a chuckle and no. last day i drop my bro off at high school

cool brotha thanks for the info. so i know what to think of if i ever knock on wood **** get sweated

but yeah good looking out

Quick Reply: Are the cops in your area @$@%@% ??!! what city ?