Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Southern California Meet Guidelines

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 01:25 PM
dczoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Southern California Meet Guidelines

** Mod Please Sticky this to Southern California Region - Thx**

Hey all,

In response to some current issues, I think maybe its time we just threw together a couple of quick guidelines to make sure everyone feels like they're getting a fair deal, as well as to give a clear understanding of whats going on here in the region. I think its also a little odd to understand we're NOT a car club, we're simply a regional section in an online forum that chooses to get together from time to time in an informal manner. There are no club dues, there are no club rules per se, its just a bunch of friends hanging out and doing car stuff (most of the time)...

Even though its pretty obvious, sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. This is a public forum. Any information on here is assumed to be public, and remember what gets posted on the boards stays on the boards. All meets that are posted are "open invitation", unless otherwise dictated in your post (for instance if there was a 350z only driving clinic, etc.) If there is a limited number of spaces available for a particular event it would be only natural that 350z's would receive spaces 1st, considering this is a 350z forum.

The creator of a thread cannot be held liable for anything that goes on during the related meet. You drive at your own risk everyday, including during meets. I don't know how to put that in to legalese, but hfm mentioned this as one of his concerns, and I agree. If you come to a meet, understand that you choose to attend on your own and the individual putting the event together will not be held liable for anything during the course of that event.

Also, just to be on the safe side (and I'd really like some input on this from other people), I'd say its fair to say that to attend an event you must:

- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by parent or guardian. This is to ensure that you are an adult and do not need any supervision, etc. This is not a critical concern during social meets, but during driving meets it may become an issue, especially if parents don't want their kids coming to meets, etc.

- Have full coverage insurance. This is important because if you are driving near other 350z's and something happens, it makes sure everyone remains friends. Additionally it is against the law in California to drive without insurance.

- Have a valid drivers license. Pretty obvious.

- Make sure your vehicle is well maintained, especially critical components such as: Brakes, Suspension, Tires, and all Safety Equipment (seatbelts, airbags, seat mounts, etc). Once again, generally during our meets you are driving in close proximity to other 350z drivers, as well as public vehicles on public roads.

I think that should cover many of the bases pretty well. I know I have left some things out that other people can bring up (especially all you lawyer types, I know this wouldn't stand up in court, but it does give a basic outline for what I'm sure we're all thinking). . .

Take care and I look forward to meeting more people in our future meets!
Old 04-08-2003, 04:08 PM
bobowah

Any reason for putting rules on the meets?
We are all there for fun and everyone is probably understanding of that.

But I do agree that everyone's cars be road safe when we go on runs.

If we were running track events go full tilt and squeeze the maximum hp or whatever out of the car. B/c that's a controller environment.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:51 PM
dczoner

Oops, I didn't mean for these to come across as rules by any means, or that if these aren't followed whoever breaks them will be banned... LOL.... No, I was simply trying to make sure that a) everyone knows this is an open forum and everyone is invited to join our meets and b) that everyone drives at their own risk. A couple of us were talking about what legal ramifications might happen if something occured during one of the meets, and I figured a couple simple agreed upon guidelines would just help smooth things along.

Also, at some of these meets even on public roads people are running at threshold. I mean, who knows, maybe sometime in the near future someone gets in a wreck during a run and their lawyer or whatever decides that since the person was on that run because so and so posted up the run info on the web, then the so and so that posted might be liable for the accident. I don't know law, I just want to make sure we're all sorta on the same page, thats all. Especially when it comes to our members that are under 18, because maybe the parents get upset when their kid crashes the car and they want to sue the forum that enticed their kid to drive recklessly. Like I said, I am not a lawyer, don't plan on being a lawyer, but I do know that there are some people in the world that will look for any opportunity to blame someone else for thier problems.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:24 PM
MastaKillaZ

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, IT IS MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY ANY INDIVIDUAL. THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS EXPRESS ONLY MY PERSONAL VIEWS AND ANY ACTION TAKEN OR OMITTED SHOULD BE DONE SO ONLY AFTER SEEKING THE ADVICE OF INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL.

That out of the way... I think it's a good idea... for example, if you have a party and someone gets wasted off the alcohol you provide and then gets into an accident OR somehow injures themselves on your property, you may be liable.

And while most people will have assumed the risks inherent in driving or joining a run, and while the organizer does not and cannot exert any control or influence over the manner in which someone drives or the conditions of the road upon which they travel, the expansion of liability in this state is ridiculous and who knows what can happen.

I think dc's just looking out for everyone's best interest.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Aloharacing

I was reading that some guys on the s2k board actually require signed waivers before any runs...
Old 04-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Butterfly20

I agree DCzoner!
Old 04-09-2003, 02:39 AM
SD350ZEE

Uh, Club dues need to be handled. 50 bux each addressable to me and you'll be good to go....