Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

May Clubbing event in the Los Angeles - South Bay

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 09:26 AM
iris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Vote

Originally posted by zxsaint
I'm feeling chillers. (and even don't think about telling me to see a doc)
sounds good. it'll make oc/south bay people happy. i'm easy - whatever people decide i'll be in (unless work, etc., interferes).
Old 04-21-2003, 09:38 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bobowah
Um for you Valley and LA folks... time to venture south a bit... Two meets now up in the Valley/Ventura area.

consider South Bay for the sake of the OC crowd and South Bay.
Assertiveness from someone named "bobowah." Sounds like boo boo waahhh to me.

Okay, South Bay it is. Chillers was it?
Old 04-21-2003, 09:53 AM
bobowah

Thank you all...

So it's Chillers we just need to decide on a Day.

I should be able to get 12-15 of us in on the list ie no cost... We do all need to come around the same time or groups of us at the same time... Please bring females... it's easier to get a large group in that way.

I know we have Iris and hubby.
Maybe Butterfly and some of her friends
DCZoner and his woman.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:21 AM
hfm

Thank you all...

So it's Chillers we just need to decide on a Day.

How about after SEMA? Make a day of it. Would make the night out in casual attire. Or, was this supposed to be in May?
Old 04-21-2003, 10:33 AM
BullishZ

Nah... Just giving you a hard time...

To satisfy your Z buddies and your buddies I'll try to get them in as well. So you won't have any excuses... They will have fun and we will have fun getting you plastered...
Ok cool... I'm in this Z thing as one of the "hobbies" of my life, which means it takes a backseat to my work, family, friends, and social life in general.

I've been feeling that people are upset because I don't end up going to meets I originally plan on going to... but when I'm out on a Friday night with friends, and we all get hammered having the time of our lives, and I go to my girl's house at the end of the night and wake up late... I have no regrets.

I do understand that people can be upset when I plan events... so I will no longer be the person who sets up meetings. I will only facilitate if necessary...
Old 04-21-2003, 11:35 AM
hfm

Originally posted by BullishZ
I've been feeling that people are upset because I don't end up going to meets I originally plan on going to... but when I'm out on a Friday night with friends, and we all get hammered having the time of our lives, and I go to my girl's house at the end of the night and wake up late... I have no regrets.

I do understand that people can be upset when I plan events... so I will no longer be the person who sets up meetings. I will only facilitate if necessary...
Eric, please don't take this the wrong way but I have some comments.

I have low tolorance for flakes. When I say I'm going to be somewhere at sometime, I'm there unless I'm dead or dying.

I'm this way because my time is very valuable to me. Consequently, I understand that someone else's time may also be very valuable. Therefore, I do my utmost to respect another person's time because I would expect the same damn courtesy.

That said, meeting with people over the internet is hit or miss. I've already got a firm idea of who will show when they say they will, and who may or will not. It would suck to be categorized as a flake for two reasons:

1. People will think you have no respect for them nor their time,
2. People will not show for your get togethers because you may flake.

And, trust me, #1 is far worse than #2 because you should have no respect for someone who has no respect for you.

All that said, you're well liked and people will over look your missing meets because you're liked. But, consider that people don't like being thought of as a backseat thing.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:11 PM
MastaKillaZ

don't take it to heart bullish... do what I do, blame dan!!!

HI DAN!!!

besides, if you start being all 'sensitive' I'm gonna punch you in the cooter... I know you like it like that.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:12 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by hfm
Eric, please don't take this the wrong way but I have some comments.

I have low tolorance for flakes. When I say I'm going to be somewhere at sometime, I'm there unless I'm dead or dying.

I'm this way because my time is very valuable to me. Consequently, I understand that someone else's time may also be very valuable. Therefore, I do my utmost to respect another person's time because I would expect the same damn courtesy.

That said, meeting with people over the internet is hit or miss. I've already got a firm idea of who will show when they say they will, and who may or will not. It would suck to be categorized as a flake for two reasons:

1. People will think you have no respect for them nor their time,
2. People will not show for your get togethers because you may flake.

And, trust me, #1 is far worse than #2 because you should have no respect for someone who has no respect for you.

All that said, you're well liked and people will over look your missing meets because you're liked. But, consider that people don't like being thought of as a backseat thing.
Point taken...

I never meant to disrespect anyone, especially SnoopyZ (who I missed MANY meetings to)... I have a pretty spontaneous and live-by-the-moment social life, so things come up here and there which I can't control. When I miss meets which I plan to go to, I'm not trying to be rude, even though it may be perceived that way.

So I think my solution will work: Always tentative and never plan a meet.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:14 PM
BullishZ

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
besides, if you start being all 'sensitive' I'm gonna punch you in the cooter... I know you like it like that.
Hahah! Can you please? I love it when my cooter gets hit...
Old 04-21-2003, 12:25 PM
MastaKillaZ

I never meant to disrespect anyone, especially SnoopyZ
really? why? I love doing that to snoopy... HEY SNOOP!!! ask unho, he likes doing it too... j/k!!!

Hahah! Can you please? I love it when my cooter gets hit...
okay fine, but if you're walking around vegas with an ice pack on your "cooter" just remember, you asked for it...
Old 04-21-2003, 09:12 PM
unho

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
really? why? I love doing that to snoopy... HEY SNOOP!!! ask unho, he likes doing it too... j/k!!!

okay fine, but if you're walking around vegas with an ice pack on your "cooter" just remember, you asked for it...

Raises hand.... yes i too flaked last saturday but Brent is really used to us Koreans flaking on him.

depending on which date is chosen my wife and I "might" show up, but we will be in vegas the 16-18th.

And i am sure Brent can bring his sister.... j/k

Last edited by unho; 04-21-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Baramee

date time...???
i am there... let's do this.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:54 AM
bobowah

Default Pick a Date?

Hey guys and two gals...

Let's pick a date...

I'm out 5/24 for my bro's graduation in Ithaca NY...

But any other weekend is good.. 5/31 you guys are going to Vegas...

So that leaves 5/3, 5/10, 5/17 Otherwise I can postpone this until June.

-Jeff
Old 04-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Baramee

may 17th is good for me...
Old 04-28-2003, 01:06 PM
iris

I'm good for anything BUT the 17th (wedding out of town)

But don't let me hold you back
Old 04-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Mr B

What's a clubbing event without one of the PowerPuff Girls?
Almost any weekend, besides the last one of course, is good for me. Just tell me in advance so I can mark it on my calendar.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:58 PM
dczoner

...I'm gonna vote 5/10 as the best for me, but in all honesty I can probably do any of them...
Old 04-29-2003, 08:45 AM
SizongZ

Sup peeps... Fairly new to the forum... but I like to vote for May 17th. May 10th I'm going to head over to the California speedway for drag night. You guys should try and come there. First night of Summer Drag. It's 20 bucks to run. I'm going there May 10th with the Z and then going back on the 31st with my Yami.
Should be lots of fun. Would be great to sit there with a bunch of other 350z's.
Sorry Iris... 17th is my vote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:02 AM
hfm

Originally posted by SizongZ
Fairly new to the forum... but I like to vote for May 17th.

Sorry Iris...
Hehe, SizongZ doesn't realize that Iris is a Powerpuff girl and she gets to schedule an event whenever she wants. If Iris can't make the 17th, you're going to be awful lonely clubbing on the 17th without all the rest of us.

Sounds like zoner and bobowah like the 10th. Maybe you can switch your drag night to the 17th and and go clubbing with us on the 10th.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:42 AM
SizongZ

Hahah.. I know that Iris is a powerpuff girl. Can't move the Drag strip night because those are the dates that they posted. I have no control of that. hm??? I can always show up after hitting the drag strip. It starts at like 4pm until like 10 or 11 pm. Dang though that's a long drive from Fontana to Redondo. ( if that's where we are going?) But that will be a great day. Some quarter mile races and then dancin the night away. Would be tight. Well just come up with a date and place and will try my best to show up.

Brickyard Track
Injen CAI
much more to come

Quick Reply: May Clubbing event in the Los Angeles - South Bay