Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

bad clicking noise when stop to accelerate

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:22 PM
jkim1978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad clicking noise when stop to accelerate

i bought a 06 base model from performance nissan and it has only been a month or so.... i barely have 2500 miles on it and i am hearing this clicking noise when i am slowly accelerating from stop to go on 1st and 2nd gear... i am not here to ask what this problem is... cause i've already did a search and found numerous results for this problem.. but that is not my question.. my question is has anybody from s.kali experienced this problem... and if so... can you guys recommend a dealer for me to go to... any dealers that will be familiar with this problem.. cause i don't want to go to a dumb dealer and get the same dumb excuse they love to pull which are "we couldn't replicate the problem" or "i have never heard of this problem" or "i have no idea what you are saying" stupid things like that the dealers love to use.... i have already printed out the numerous posts from this forum.. which were very helpful... and i have already printed out the tsb...

so..
has anybody experience this problem before in s.kali?
if so..
which dealer did you guys take it too???

any help will be appreciated.. cause that sound is freakin annoying and makes my car sound like its a cheap piece of crap car....

Last edited by jkim1978; 04-05-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
erickim080387

go to where your bought it.... or west covina.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
John Bronze

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine did that when had 500 miles, now at 2600 it does not do it any more. I assumed it was the gas I used.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:55 PM
jkim1978

what gas did you use??? and what gas are you using now????
Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
jkim1978

okay... now that's great.. where are you at? and who do i ask for???
Old 04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Ahmads350z

Originally Posted by jkim1978
okay... now that's great.. where are you at? and who do i ask for???
look at his sig
F
O
B
Old 04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
xtasy127

Originally Posted by Ahmads350z
look at his sig
F
O
B
lol so harsh :]
Old 04-06-2007, 08:09 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

i bought a 06 base model from performance nissan and it has only been a month or so.... i barely have 2500 miles on it and i am hearing this clicking noise when i am slowly accelerating from stop to go on 1st and 2nd gear... i am not here to ask what this problem is... cause i've already did a search and found numerous results for this problem.. but that is not my question.. my question is has anybody from s.kali experienced this problem... and if so... can you guys recommend a dealer for me to go to... any dealers that will be familiar with this problem.. cause i don't want to go to a dumb dealer and get the same dumb excuse they love to pull which are "we couldn't replicate the problem" or "i have never heard of this problem" or "i have no idea what you are saying" stupid things like that the dealers love to use.... i have already printed out the numerous posts from this forum.. which were very helpful... and i have already printed out the tsb...

so..
has anybody experience this problem before in s.kali?
if so..
which dealer did you guys take it too???

any help will be appreciated.. cause that sound is freakin annoying and makes my car sound like its a cheap piece of crap car....
I had that same problem. It was a clicking noise at low speed in 1st and 2nd gear. The issue I had on my car was the half shafts needed to be removed, cleaned, and repacked. Perfomance nissan did the work, but that was when Jeff was there. Jeff is now with West Covina Nissan. Go there you wont be disappointed.

Virg
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

i had the same problem it was something to do with the axles being regreased or something
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 AM
knucklez

the best/smartest dealerships in so.cal? there are only two dealerships you could trust.

performance nissan @ duarte
or
west covina nissan @ west covina
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 AM
jkim1978

the noise appears during the 1st and the 2nd gear... and on 1st gear when i accelerate and release the pedal the engine makes this grinding sound......but on high speed it seems like the noise goes away... well.. i'm going to take the car to west covina.. got the contact information for frank and going to make an appointment with him... by the way what gas do all of you guys use??? 91??? i just want to thank everybody for all their inputs.....

and for ahamads post... was that necessary... it seems like everywhere you go... there are always people like you.... i'm sure you were trying to be funny.. but as you can see from my number of posts and i'm new to the 350z... and the post you wrote was not necessary. when i used to be on the civic forums.. there were people like you too.. which made new members feel like crap....
Old 04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
knucklez

the noise appears during the 1st and the 2nd gear... and on 1st gear when i accelerate and release the pedal the engine makes this grinding sound......but on high speed it seems like the noise goes away... well.. i'm going to take the car to west covina.. got the contact information for frank and going to make an appointment with him... by the way what gas do all of you guys use??? 91??? i just want to thank everybody for all their inputs.....

and for ahamads post... was that necessary... it seems like everywhere you go... there are always people like you.... i'm sure you were trying to be funny.. but as you can see from my number of posts and i'm new to the 350z... and the post you wrote was not necessary. when i used to be on the civic forums.. there were people like you too.. which made new members feel like crap....
ahmads post wasn't necessary.. but yeah, this is my350z.com.. you gotta get used to it. we like to joke around with each other, all friends here.

good luck with your car.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:05 AM
350zpl

have your axle service at the place u bought
Old 04-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

OK, question for you all then...I have the same type of clicking noise from the rear axle. I went to my dealer, they're telling me after I had the after market brakes installed (Hawk), that the shim kit wasn't reinstalled, and THAT'S what's making the noise. NTB04-065 service bulletin.

Is this true, or BS cause they didn't wanna repair the axle?

Last edited by Luv Mntrl; 05-06-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Blue_Z

Originally Posted by Luv Mntrl
OK, question for you all then...I have the same type of clicking noise from the rear axle. I went to my dealer, they're telling me after I had the after market brakes installed (Hawk), that the shim kit wasn't reinstalled, and THAT'S what's making the noise. NTB04-065 service bulletin.

Is this true, or BS cause they didn't wanna repair the axle?
i got the same axle clicking noise too, noticed it yesterday, and my brakes are stock..
Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally Posted by Blue_Z
i got the same axle clicking noise too, noticed it yesterday, and my brakes are stock..
So basically, they're bull$hitting me. Figures.....guess I'll have to make an appointment with Jeff @ West Covina, to get the truth.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
nzpv03

+1 on the unnecessary meanness!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:48 PM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine made noise very similarly to what you're describing, but it went away after a while. Went away, probably after about 500 miles for me. Guess it was just cause the car was new. But, since you said you've got some mileage on, I'd get it checked out, like everybody already said.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
350zpl

Originally Posted by Luv Mntrl
So basically, they're bull$hitting me. Figures.....guess I'll have to make an appointment with Jeff @ West Covina, to get the truth.
yeah they are full of shi** its ur rear axle and its not from aftermarket brakes

Quick Reply: bad clicking noise when stop to accelerate