Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

"Zaino Detailing" Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 07:47 AM
IzYou

Lazaino is owned and operated by Ira and Robyn a husband and wife team. You guys can reach them at 310-478-4092 ask for either of them. Their normal operating hours are 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. They carry everything on the Zaino website and other products as well (towels, applicators, etc..) You can get items shipped as well as local pick up.

They really are great people!
Old 04-23-2007 | 08:17 AM
SargentZ

Don't forget to pick up the Z8. I like it better than the Z6 and 'smells' much nicer. They almost seem like the same thing to me but I'm no chemist. The Z5 should take out your 'fine scratches'. The Zaino process is easy its just very time consuming. I would recommend getting your towels from DFTowel.com as I found it very hard to find the recommended towels locally.

My only problem seems to be pollen and dust, they get statically charged and stick to the surface within a day. Dry toweling it doesn't work as it just pushes it around. I usually have to spritz a little Z8 to get the stuff to come off clean.

Here's me Zainoing the new Z. This is only one coat of Z2/Z6, after a Dawn washing and Leaf Blower/Towel drying. The leaf blower is great for blasting out all the water that collects in the nooks and crannies the towels can't reach.

Sarg
Attached Thumbnails "Zaino Detailing" Meet-zz-1.jpg  
Old 04-23-2007 | 08:48 AM
IzYou

Nice job there! Sarg. My car is pretty dirty again from all the l.a. traffic/commuting I do. Definately a time consuming affair it really gets addicting. I have to hold myself back from washing it on a weekly basis. It's really definately worth doing though.

If you have never clayed a car before the difference you feel in the paint is just amazing.

Remmember to mention that your looking forward to the meet to Ira and Robyn so they can know that our community is here to support them.
Old 04-23-2007 | 10:13 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by SargentZ
blah blah blah *pic of car*
give me your engine.
Old 04-23-2007 | 10:31 AM
ASTIG_Z

Angelo,

thanks for the contact info. i know that my inbox is full right now...i ordered some zaino and it should be in tomorrow. thanks bud!
Old 04-23-2007 | 11:21 AM
IzYou

Originally Posted by ASTIG_Z
Angelo,

thanks for the contact info. i know that my inbox is full right now...i ordered some zaino and it should be in tomorrow. thanks bud!
No problem. Glad to help. Tell your buddy plastiketa I got my v.1 CF sides on and I appreciate him telling me how it mounts and stuff like that. The HKS Ti exhaust is a no go though I found out the Top Secret rear diffuser won't work with that set up. I just have to man up and let the $ go for that diffuser now and also wait 6-8 weeks .

Originally Posted by Roger V
I would assume no. More of a show and learn type event where you can purchase it afterwards. Too expensive to do everyones cars. I plan on demoing paint correction on two cars to show what can be done with different colors.
The right idea there. It's really not hard to Zaino without experience, but I thought it would be beneficial to see it done by someone who has a great deal of knowledge using the products. RogerV I hope you can enlighten us with some of your detailing techniques as well.
Old 04-26-2007 | 09:26 AM
IzYou

Default Took Forever. Gibberish Post. Post pics when I get home.

I got on my Le Mans CF spoiler installed on Tuesday that was a such a PAIN. but it was worth it atleast. I used a spatula to take out the clips to get the panel off from the trunk.

First time I laid the wing down uneven and man that was the biggest mistake I could have ever done. I only made a few marks and references on the corners and thought it was enough (big mistake). I had to remove it off the trunk and it took close to 2 hours and all my F'N energy since I used an adhesive promoter with the 3M tape ( I almost felt like giving up). Had to make the holes slightly larger from 1/2 to 3/4 penny size to make the proper adjustment as well.

The second time I measured each corner and marked all corners and angles thoroughly it came out to be like around 6 inches in the middle of the wing to the bottom of the hatch and on the sides as well. I used electrical tape and had my cousin line it up and use the tape for reference. I literally checked almost 10 times before finally laying it flat down and mounting it temporarily.

Wed. night I went to Home Depot got some black polyurethane silicone and sealed the wing to the body. No leaks,no water, no rust The urethane silicone is a mess to work with. I had to use adhesive remover and take out the excess off I didn't want it to harden and permanently glaze the paint were the urethane excess got smudged off. If you ever use polyurethane silicone use it sparingly, because it is a b*tch to take off.

There is no template like the Nismo spoiler but only a black plastic things to use and tape down under the Le Mans spoiler for referencing the mounting points.

Long day. Work- seal spoiler- clean/wash car - practice csulb - Zaino z5 - Zaino Z6. I'm going to check for water spots when I get out from work. I saw a little bit hopefully its not bad.

I did my Volk GT7's for the first time (washed,clayed,then Zaino).

Last edited by IzYou; 04-26-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2007 | 09:30 AM
SargentZ

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
give me your engine.

You wish...
Old 04-26-2007 | 09:44 AM
IzYou

Originally Posted by SargentZ
You wish...
I don't want your motor, but I do want the stillen sc or vortech sc or the single turbonetics kit. I had enough money saved up then my student loans started coming into play and now I am left with out boost (half way there again).
Old 04-26-2007 | 09:50 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

^^you've got your priorities in the right place, though. pay off the loans then play
Old 04-30-2007 | 02:18 PM
IzYou

Default Update the list. meet in 2 weeks.

We only have a couple of people showing up so far so having a Park as a venue is still a maybe, but I will still check on it just in case.

Sunday, May 13, 2007
Cerritos, CA
around the aftenoon
(I will ask Ira and Robyn what time would be best to do an application)

1. iZyou- Angelo
2. OC350z
3. Roger V.
4. erickim080387
5. kourosH - tentative..
6.TSCNismo
7.RandyTsai
Old 04-30-2007 | 03:46 PM
Roger V

Originally Posted by IzYou
We only have a couple of people showing up so far so having a Park as a venue is still a maybe, but I will still check on it just in case.

Sunday, May 13, 2007
Cerritos, CA
around the aftenoon
(I will ask Ira and Robyn what time would be best to do an application)

1. iZyou- Angelo
2. OC350z
3. Roger V.
4. erickim080387
5. kourosH - tentative..
6.TSCNismo
7.RandyTsai
Hey Angelo,

I PMed you back.