Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

got some stuff fixed !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 07:08 PM
brit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some stuff fixed !!

Update:
Transmission badly grinding into 5th.
New transmission replaced today.Feels a lot better.But time will tell.
Window streaking,(both windows.) Fixed today.
7500 service done today. Had to pay $69.

Tire cupping or feathering. Allignment check today at dealer.
They stated that the Toe was set pretty close to specs.needed only very,very minor adjustment. I admit I don't really understand the figures..
However there is feathering so off to the tire store..(Bridgestone).
I showed the figures.The guy agreed that the toe angle was pretty close to specs.But the Camber was off a little which as we all know is not adjustable..!!
He said "Nissan owes you 2 new front tires" as the suspension is
not in spec.
I will call NissanUS tomorrow and speak with my file # contact rep and see what he says.I don't really want to have to get new tires every 7000 miles...
THOUGHT... Is this feathering happening on ALL tires..ie.17" 18" and any after market wheels and tires...
My dealer did a good job.had the car 1.5 days for this,offered me free rental but I declined as I only work 3 miles from dealer.
Will keep you updated on the tire issue.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:10 AM
grounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink no camber adjustment?

I have reviewed a lot of forums on the same subject, tire cupping and feathering I mentioned this to my brother a body shop owner. He said after we put my 350 on the rack for inspection, yes there is no camber adjustment but He says the alignment shops have kits for most of the cars, not saying the nissan z yet but there is probably a cure around the corner. many of the new cars come from the factory without any provision for adjustment. This kit sometimes requires welding or is an eccentric or a special bolt.
He said a camber adjustment will Resolve the problem but subtract from the cornering ability sum-wat but not for the regular guy going down the road. He also says remember you bought a performence car off the show room floor, nothing has to be done, it has all been done for you. What a thought.