Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

CA Speedway June 30th!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
OCG35
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Make sure you're only on a 1/4 tank of gas. Lose any excesive weight- I always take off my spare tire & jacks. Avoid the waterbox, go around it and just spin the tires to clean them up (Not a burnout- just go around the box, rev it and dump the clutch- hit the brakes before you go past the line).

Other than that, its all experience.

good points Henry
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you're only on a 1/4 tank of gas. Lose any excesive weight- I always take off my spare tire & jacks. Avoid the waterbox, go around it and just spin the tires to clean them up (Not a burnout- just go around the box, rev it and dump the clutch- hit the brakes before you go past the line).

Or in your case Naieri, brake torque. The launch makes the biggest difference, so I'd practice brake torquing for best results.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know realistically 12's is not going to happen but I can only dream. I"m going to run no interior, no seat, hopefully some DR, race gas, tp's, experimental intake, and a madman of a driver.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is going to sound completely ignorant, but i have no idea what you just said.
i should have specified......a/t, not m/t
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
this is going to sound completely ignorant, but i have no idea what you just said.
i should have specified......a/t, not m/t
Oh, haha. You might wan't to ask Mike then. (He's "GG_VQ" in here and OC_G35 in driver.com). He's auto and pretty experienced in drag racing.

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I know realistically 12's is not going to happen but I can only dream. I"m going to run no interior, no seat, hopefully some DR, race gas, tp's, experimental intake, and a madman of a driver.
Sounds like some great preperation . I wish it were easy and accesible for me to remove the passenger seat & rear sets; that could easily shed 150 lb (along with the spare tire). It's not like I even use them anyhow

Old 06-04-2007, 09:49 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

so i found this... https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...8&postcount=12

i need to find somewhere to practice this **** at.......hmm deserted streets don't come easy in LA
Old 06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
97supratt

so i found this... https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...8&postcount=12

i need to find somewhere to practice this **** at.......hmm deserted streets don't come easy in LA
I'll show you how to launch your car don't worry. If you want we'll go to LACR next week on wednesday and i'll teach you how to drag race.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 PM
skaterbasist

I'll show you how to launch your car don't worry. If you want we'll go to LACR next week on wednesday and i'll teach you how to drag race.
1+ on that. oneDIRTYz, trust me, you do not want to go to Cal Speedway for a first. The long waits will not be worth it, since you're probably not going to get your best times on a first track day.

I suggest you get some practice over at LACR or Irwindale before this event- its a big event, which means big wait times.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

maybe. hit me up about it later.......it's bedtime!

thanks for you help guys
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 PM
97supratt

Is anyone bringing a canopy? lol It's going to be hot!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

^^LOL i got you thinking about how damn hot it's gonna be huh?

we should set up a z/g booth with a canopy and sell bottles of water for like, $15.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 AM
97supratt

^^LOL i got you thinking about how damn hot it's gonna be huh?

we should set up a z/g booth with a canopy and sell bottles of water for like, $15.

Everyday i'm husslin'! Everyday i'm husslin'!

hahahah

We can sell nissan water, it's so good it'll cut your times by seconds.

I think we should have some strippers with us, some hot blonde and brunette strippers who love z's/g's.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 PM
nosser

hahahah

I think we should have some strippers with us, some hot blonde and brunette strippers who love z's/g's.
strippers?!? I can bring a canopy and a stripper pole!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by nosser
strippers?!? I can bring a canopy and a stripper pole!
Bring the canopy I might get a hold of some strippers aka girls to entertain us when we're not running.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:44 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

hahahah

i fully agree with this sentiment.

come with me to west covina this friday, we can jack all their free waters and sell them at the track
Old 06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
97supratt

i fully agree with this sentiment.

come with me to west covina this friday, we can jack all their free waters and sell them at the track
I need to get my transmission replaced, it's making a nasty nasty noise in first gear also i'll have them look at it. When are you going?
Old 06-05-2007, 04:55 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

my appt is at 1.........taking the whole day off to take care of the car, woohoo.... but shh don't tell my boss hahahah
Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
OCG35
Banned

Oh, haha. You might wan't to ask Mike then. (He's "GG_VQ" in here and OC_G35 in driver.com). He's auto and pretty experienced in drag racing.
Thanks Henry but you give me more credit than I deserve... I've race a few times but I'm no expert - the car always does pretty well though. It's held it's own (as you know)... that's why I give credit to what has been done to the car - it's more the car than me I think.

As far as brake trq launch - with an AT (at lease the G sedan) it's not possible... it kills the power and with open dif like me there's no way to avoid tire spin. It's amazing I've been able to win races huh?... pulling yaw/abs/vdc would help - I'm waiting on a switch for that. In the mean time off idle launches sometimes have interesting results.

Quaife + 3.7 FD + yaw/VDC kill switch = (in the near future)...
Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my appt is at 1.........taking the whole day off to take care of the car, woohoo.... but shh don't tell my boss hahahah
What are you getting done?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by GG_VQ
Thanks Henry but you give me more credit than I deserve... I've race a few times but I'm no expert - the car always does pretty well though. It's held it's own (as you know)... that's why I give credit to what has been done to the car - it's more the car than me I think.

As far as brake trq launch - with an AT (at lease the G sedan) it's not possible... it kills the power and with open dif like me there's no way to avoid tire spin. It's amazing I've been able to win races huh?... pulling yaw/abs/vdc would help - I'm waiting on a switch for that. In the mean time off idle launches sometimes have interesting results.

Quaife + 3.7 FD + yaw/VDC kill switch = (in the near future)...
ok i'm copying this from the link i posted above......originally posted by 'aggro al'
"Do a brake torque launch. Leaving TCS on or off seems to be a matter of how much traction you think you will get on the launch. I've gotten 13.9 with TCS on (forgot to turn it off) with only an intake and Michelin Pilot Sport tires as my mods. You'll just have to experiment to see what conditions TCS might help in. If your tires are going to slip a lot it's better to leave the TCS off so that it doesn't cut your power. Step on the brake with your left foot, put it in Neutral and lightly rev the engine with your right foot. You will feel the brake pedal drop just a little bit more as power is applied. With your left foot still on the brake, put it into Drive and rev the engine to around 1200-1800 RPMs. Don't hold this for very long. Unless your reaction time is very fast, start releasing the brake and stepping on the throttle at the same time on the second to last light."

does that sound.....somewhat....realistic?

Quick Reply: CA Speedway June 30th!