Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

F#$%ing Red Light Photo Enforce Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:59 AM
noriphung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did they mail you the pic with the ticket?, if so, plz post !
Old 06-07-2007, 03:36 AM
jocam23

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the encouragement. This comes at a bad time since I'll be taking 2 mths off to care for my newborn daughter and I'll just receive half my pay from work...and also being a student with all these bills this sucks...

I think I'll go to court and beg to have my ticket reduced...

This is clear cut and dry, those cameras get you before you pass the line, with the red light stating how many secs the light was red, then a progression of photos showing me enter the intersection while the light was still red, a photo of my face singing along to P DIDDYs Last Night Song and a picture of my front and rear license plate!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that I am not guilty but 420.00 is ridiculous.

I was reading up on this red light photo enforce system and it is strictly a revenue generator for the city.

Thanks again and I'll keep you all posted on what happens when I fight this B**TCH!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:42 AM
jocam23

OH yeah, on the ticket it says if you want a court hearing you still must pay the bail amount of 420.00 and then when you get in court they will decide if you are guilty or not.

If found not guilty you will be reimbursed.

So for you guys that said if you plead guilty they will reduce the ticket by 1/3 how is this going to work????Will they reimburse me the remaining fine?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!1
Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 AM
zdatsun

I feel your pain but wrong is wrong. I ran a light totally by accident in another state in an unfamiliar area of town. Just checked out of the hotel (overnight stay while traveling) looking for the interstate sign at 6:30 AM on a Sat morn (no traffic). The damn thing must have changed the moment I turned my head, never would have run it otherwise. Boy what a surprise to see a pic of my car and didn't know where it came from until I read the info. It was an honest mistake unlike many, many, many other red light runners but facts were there so I sent the money and called it a lesson learned.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

thats one expensive ticket
Old 06-07-2007, 06:23 AM
jlimquest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the light red when you entered the intersection or yellow & then it turned red while you were turning? I just had the same situation last week at that same Amar/Grand intersection. However, it was yellow when I entered & it changed to red by the time I reached the other side. That is one expensive ticket. Keep us posted & Good Luck!!!

[QUOTE=jocam23]

This is clear cut and dry, those cameras get you before you pass the line, with the red light stating how many secs the light was red, then a progression of photos showing me enter the intersection while the light was still red, a photo of my face singing along to P DIDDYs Last Night Song and a picture of my front and rear license plate!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by jocam23
I just got a 420.00 present in the mail! It was a photo enforce ticket showing me running a red light on the corner of AMAR and Temple Ave in front of MT SAC.

Is there anyway to fight this....I can't afford this costly ticket right now.

Any suggestions please...has any of you tried to fight this for any situation? I am freaking pissed off right now..
Not that i'm aware of. You're screwed if it was a photo ticket.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Z-T

$420 for running a red light? Glad we have our priorities in order....
Old 06-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Cannysage

go to court and see the judge.. they usually will have mercy and lower the ticket. if he won't fight it.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:25 AM
SpeedyG35

democracy in action
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
damnhao

go to court, ask for the evidence against you (video) which they will most likely not have available since they're trying to get cases in and out as quick as possible. you can also request to face the accuser which is the officer who viewed the tape of you running to red, which most likely he will not show as well. most people dont fight these tickets because they assume that since it's caught on tape, there's no chance for them. there is, go fight it.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Reyes5937

Originally Posted by damnhao
go to court, ask for the evidence against you (video) which they will most likely not have available since they're trying to get cases in and out as quick as possible. you can also request to face the accuser which is the officer who viewed the tape of you running to red, which most likely he will not show as well. most people dont fight these tickets because they assume that since it's caught on tape, there's no chance for them. there is, go fight it.
+1000000000000000 this is so true. Another thing even if you are in the wrong don't let yourself get screwed. Besides I feel it more moraly fu*k up to allow a Picture machine to give tickets just to extract more money from us. Yeah it good stop the red light runners, but we know this is not desinged for that. As if taxes warrant enough. We have some greed politicians and it makes me sick. Next thing you know we will be getting tickets for cursing by automated police monitors. Because everyone caves in to pay those stupid picture systems. End of rant. Oh and good luck.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Tubbs

I've heard that city's are enjoying the revenue so much from these cameras that they've shortened the yellow lights so that more people will run red lights. Less safety = more revenue.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:09 AM
horse110

They placed camera on grand/amar because there used to be accidents every week from students (2 colleges) running red lights on daily basis during day time and kids run it when the road was empty at night, I think the cameras suck a$$ but it's a way to keep yourself safer from other idiots too.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 AM
michaeljr6

i hate red light runners......you deserve the ticket. it'll teach you a lesson.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
buffmanjeff

trial by declaration. works for me...
Old 06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Sup3rduperZ

I know Charlotte (NC) had to do away with red light cameras and vascar becasue some guy beat them in court...mfer had to be rich to beat down them. So if you cant afford the ticket I dont think you can afford court...
Old 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by horse110
They placed camera on grand/amar because there used to be accidents every week from students (2 colleges) running red lights on daily basis during day time and kids run it when the road was empty at night, I think the cameras suck a$$ but it's a way to keep yourself safer from other idiots too.

"Although less than 4 percent of traffic accidents are caused by red light running, cities and the insurance industry insist there is an urgent need for automated camera enforcement for safety purposes. Yet according to a a new study by the Virginia Transportation Research Council, Virginia experienced a "definite" increase in overall injury accidents where cameras were used. In the county with the most accurate data, that increase was between 7 and 24 percent. The report suggests there is a "possible" decrease in angle accidents. So camera boosters are now relegated to claiming cameras merely rearrange accidents, trading one type of crash for another. There's no escaping the bottom line, however. With cameras you get more injuries, not more safety."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...223235_F.shtml

Then as I mentioned above cities are shortening yellow lights to increase revenue.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...articleID=2713
Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
jocam23

Originally Posted by buffmanjeff
trial by declaration. works for me...
Hey buffmanjeff, how does trial by declaration work?

Do I write to them requesting the fine reduced and they will accept the request...

Like I said earlier the ticket requires for me to pay the entire bail amount to request a court date or trial by declaration...
Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This post is worthless without pic's

There's one at the corner of Iowa and University in Riverside just south of the UCR campus. I teach night school there and see the thing going off like a strobe light at a Donna Summer disco dance night. Every single red light there's someone caught running the thing. Figure 20 light changes an hour times $400 is some serious revenue for the city.

I caught myself running a left-turn red light busy talking with someone in the car and just following the four or five cars in front of me making the turn yesterday ... no picture in the mail today.

Quick Reply: F#$%ing Red Light Photo Enforce Tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1