Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Need help finding apartments in UCLA

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Cloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding apartments in UCLA

I spent the last month making countless phonecalls to landlords in socal trying to find a place that is within walking distance to UCLA.

I found places that sounded good until I read the reviews such as kelton towers and club california condos.... They're supposed to be luxury apartments as they're charging $1500 per month for a studio.

Reviews say they never give your deposit back and club california has weird stenches at times + the workers don't respect your privacy.

Advice anyone? This is tough. I'll returning to my home country by the end of this month and if I do not find a place to stay in by then, I'm screwed.

I'm looking for a spacious studio or 1bed+1bath at around $1500 tops.

I'm physically in norcal and I have exams till the end of the month so I can't personally checkout the places...
Old 06-16-2007, 01:23 AM
SB Track

Originally Posted by Cloud
I spent the last month making countless phonecalls to landlords in socal trying to find a place that is within walking distance to UCLA.

I found places that sounded good until I read the reviews such as kelton towers and club california condos.... They're supposed to be luxury apartments as they're charging $1500 per month for a studio.

Reviews say they never give your deposit back and club california has weird stenches at times + the workers don't respect your privacy.

Advice anyone? This is tough. I'll returning to my home country by the end of this month and if I do not find a place to stay in by then, I'm screwed.

I'm looking for a spacious studio or 1bed+1bath at around $1500 tops.

I'm physically in norcal and I have exams till the end of the month so I can't personally checkout the places...
There are a lot of places man. The leasing usually is done before spring break around here, but since you're not looking for a popular setup (the popular one is two bedroom two bath), you'll be able to find places. I've lived at Club Cali, they are actually condos so you have to rent thru a private person. Just keep calling around the area, and you'll be able to find it. try www.westsidehabitats.com and look around and make some phone calls around the area. there are a lot of good places.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

All apartments in westwood area are sh1tty and overpriced. I'm sure all places have kind of loud parties and weird smells. If you don't mind, then just pick any place that is in the area, even the so-called "luxury" apartments are only slightly nicer than the REALLY crappy ones.

Walking distance to UCLA is overrated. An alternative is to just live near any big blue bus stop...

Check out the brentwood adjacent area, just south of wilshire between barrington and bundy. 15 minutes by bus.

There are also a few decent apartments just south of wilshire near westwood blvd. You can hop on a bus and be on campus in no time.

For some apartment listings, check out the daily bruin online...
Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 AM
UHATEIT

I lived in the dorms, try to get in there! Better deal and the food was really good when I lived there. Everytime my friends came to visit they loved to chow down on the dorm foods.

Better to be paying rent when the food is included, that should save money in the long run
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Cloud

I found a couple on ariel court. Anyone can help me take a look if they're by UCLA? Don't wanna sign a lease without even looking at my choices.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
mlam002

lol walking distance to ucla apartments are a joke...their crappy, loud and def. overpriced.

When I was in undergrad.. I lived a 1 bedroom 1 bath near UCLA..on veteran and wilshire.. not walking distance.. but it was very close to UCLA bus stop.. so it worked out.. I paird roughly 1400 split between two people.

After that.. I was like screw that..I moved to Santa Monica.. about two miles off campus and saved a good amount of money moving away from westwood.

I would suggest looking at craigslist, UCLA forums and the student newspaper.. there are plenty of listing there.