Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Places to take your girl in your Z in So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 01:36 PM
mistahbruin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to take your girl in your Z in So Cal

I've lived in So Cal all my life and need to know where I can take my girl for romantic drives and views. Especially after we try one of those new restuarants listed on the other threads. Can you guys help?
Old 05-04-2003, 05:11 PM
jimster716

PCH...try the huntington beach to newport beach to laguna drive. The drive along the back side of Palos Verdes is nice too.

Malibu gets crowded depending on the time of day.

I tried romantic drives but history has shown me that driving too far from the bedroom makes for a long drive back. And the in-car BJ entertainment only makes it worse...sorry to be lude but ya want the truth and experience dont ya?!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 06:11 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Places to take your girl in your Z in So Cal

Originally posted by mistahbruin
I've lived in So Cal all my life and need to know where I can take my girl for romantic drives and views. Especially after we try one of those new restuarants listed on the other threads. Can you guys help?
Saturday. PCH northbound. Stop off at the Brown Pelican about 10:00 a.m. It's a great restaurant on an incredibly clean beach where you have breakfast/brunch. Keep going up the PCH to Santa Barbara where you have reservations for a bed and breakfast. Check in. Tour Santa Barbara. Go back to your lodgings and get some nookie.

Get dinner, go back to your lodgings and get more nookie. Wake up, more nookie then breakfast. Take the 101 back home. On the way back to Westwood, pick up some strawberries that are sold off the freeway.

Take Kanan or Topanga back to the PCH to the 10 back home. Take a shower, more nookie in the shower. Pop open that bottle of Moet you bought on Friday to go with the strawberries and watch some NBA or MLB action. Rest up, for classes tomorrow.

Romantic eh?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:52 PM
mistahbruin

Holy Crap, is that the best plan ever. Can't wait to try it out...once I get my Z. Hopefully by the end of the month. Keep up the good work and keep the ideas coming!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:07 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

i was about to say - nothing beats a romantic weekend at santa barbara. theres just something about that town that gets women all sweet and...
Old 05-05-2003, 03:33 PM
M Powered

Take her for a drive down the PCH and then to LA and buy her a 300 dollar steak dinner and then rent a movies and back to your pad for some loving.

If that doesnt work, NOTHING WILL!!

If you and your girl have been together for a while, then you dont need to be spending that kind of cash for dinner, settle for Dukes in Malibu and then cruise north of the PCH to Point Dume; great view of the sunset and the ocean. Then back to your pad for some action

If you want something more relaxing, try Lake Pyramid north of the 5 fwy from Santa Clarita.

Or if you want an asswhoopin, you can find me cruising down Ventura Blvd during mid afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays.

Good Luck

Last edited by M Powered; 05-05-2003 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Butterfly20

Originally posted by M Powered
Take her for a drive down the PCH and then to LA and buy her a 300 dollar steak dinner and then rent a movies and back to your pad for some loving.

If that doesnt work, NOTHING WILL!!

If you and your girl have been together for a while, then you dont need to be spending that kind of cash for dinner, settle for Dukes in Malibu and then cruise north of the PCH to Point Dume; great view of the sunset and the ocean. Then back to your pad for some action

Good Luck
How can you say that! Even if you've been with your girl for however long you should never put a $price on what you spend for her. If that's the way men think then no wonder why there are so many single men out there. What if your girl gave you the best BJ's while you were dating, but after a couple of months didn't even try to be good, how would you feel? Just something to think about.

Anyway to answer the question, take the girl to a nice restaurant, take the scenic route to the nearest drive-in, sit in the back seat for a "better view". I love drive-ins, cuddling with a cute guy in a warm blanket and drinking an alcoholic beverage, mmmm yummy.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:03 PM
mistahbruin

hey butterfly,

I was wondering when you or Iris would find this thread. Do you know of any good places to go or that you've been taken to?

Especially considering the Z has no back seat. hehehe. Are there any open drive-ins left? I thought they all closed down in So Cal.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:20 PM
M Powered

Originally posted by Butterfly20
How can you say that! Even if you've been with your girl for however long you should never put a $price on what you spend for her. If that's the way men think then no wonder why there are so many single men out there. What if your girl gave you the best BJ's while you were dating, but after a couple of months didn't even try to be good, how would you feel? Just something to think about.

Anyway to answer the question, take the girl to a nice restaurant, take the scenic route to the nearest drive-in, sit in the back seat for a "better view". I love drive-ins, cuddling with a cute guy in a warm blanket and drinking an alcoholic beverage, mmmm yummy.
I think you misunderstood. When you take someone out to dinner at an expensive restaurant it should be because it is a "nice" place to take her, not because you are trying to impress. If I wanted to impress a girl, I would take her to a carnival and show her my many talents at the carnival games

Even if I was dating a girl for a while, I will occasionally take her to some place, "nice." I just hope the quality of BJ doesnt deminish over time, that would be traumatic Btw, you know any girl who gives a good BJ? Hook it up!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:28 PM
mistahbruin

Carnival games may be your forte, but I suck at them. Especially the one where you have to climb a rope ladder to get a giant doll. Anybody know the trick to that one? I have pretty good balance, but whenever the guy next to me falls I fall too.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:43 PM
iris

I was wondering when you or Iris would find this thread. Do you know of any good places to go or that you've been taken to?
I like Santa Barbara. It is a great, beautiful drive up the 101 - right along the coast. SB has some decent restaurants to fit whatever you want -- $$$$ or casual Mexican etc. Plus it is a college town so there are young pretty people walking around.

Driving down PCH around Laguna is nice too. Laguna Niguel is a VERY pretty part of SoCal - by the Ritz Carlton, there is an open part of beach that is not too crowded, but isn't private hotel. It's beautiful and near cliffs and you can watch surfers.

Spending $$ on dinner is okay, but honestly to get in the mood I need to feel at ease and have my guard down. So I hate uncomfy fancy snooty restaurants (Patina was a little uncomfy). There are some nice laidback ones that are still impressive though: Nick & Stef's in downtown, more that I can think of if you want. Sometimes the best thing to get in the mood is just a big booth so you can sit together when you eat. And some but not much alcohol - I get all warm w/red wine. Woodranch BBQ, yum....
Old 05-06-2003, 08:15 PM
mistahbruin

Thanks for all the weekend ideas, but what about just one night places. (Notice I didn't say one night stands) I'm looking for something like a view where you can see the Hollywood sign or the city lights or something like that. Know of any?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:25 AM
joust75

If anyone comes to SD let me know. I run the best restaurant in San Diego.
7 years ago Food and Wine named it one of the top twenty five restaurants in America. It is very romantic. Definetly a good spot for a date.
Piano entertainment Wednesday thru Saturday.

Say you come in for dinner at 630. You finish at 8:15 and can go to the bar and listen to the piano. Too much red wine? I can get you a room at the Inn across the street for cheap! Their rooms have wood burning fireplaces!

Sorry to plug but if you like food it is seriously a good night!
Mille Fleurs restaurant 858 756 3085 reservations but ask for Julien. and be sure to tell me where I know you from!
http://www.millefleurs.com
Old 05-07-2003, 08:47 AM
iris

Thanks for all the weekend ideas, but what about just one night places. (Notice I didn't say one night stands) I'm looking for something like a view where you can see the Hollywood sign or the city lights or something like that. Know of any?
Well, PCH up Malibu and above is nice for sunsets. Just pull off somewhere remote (you gotta go a bit to get past the houses).

Mulholland Drive is pretty cool IMHO - but it's close to where I live. It is on the top of the hill between Hollywood and the SF Valley, so you can look over to both sides. And there are spots to pull over. For example, Runyon Canyon (a hiking trail) has AWESOME views of the LA Basin - you can see the ocean all the way to downtown - but you didn't ask about stuff you walk to, so that's a little different.

Plus the canyon drives in between the SF Valley/Ventura and Malibu are awesome. Fun drives, but also great views. The Kanan/Latigo run gave us some great views of the ocean -- the only drawback is that you can't pull over.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:28 AM
myinfinitig20

Iris ..haha i live accross the street from the RITZ in Dana Point. I live in the monarch bay villas on Crown Valley and PCH.....yea it is beautiful down there....i take my hoes down there all the time. =)
Old 05-07-2003, 09:31 AM
myinfinitig20

if anyone would like to use my house for ANYTHING...tv....naps...etc...

it will be 300 a night =)
Old 05-08-2003, 09:18 AM
mistahbruin

Originally posted by iris
Well, PCH up Malibu and above is nice for sunsets. Just pull off somewhere remote (you gotta go a bit to get past the houses).

Mulholland Drive is pretty cool IMHO - but it's close to where I live. It is on the top of the hill between Hollywood and the SF Valley, so you can look over to both sides. And there are spots to pull over. For example, Runyon Canyon (a hiking trail) has AWESOME views of the LA Basin - you can see the ocean all the way to downtown - but you didn't ask about stuff you walk to, so that's a little different.

Plus the canyon drives in between the SF Valley/Ventura and Malibu are awesome. Fun drives, but also great views. The Kanan/Latigo run gave us some great views of the ocean -- the only drawback is that you can't pull over.
Places to walk/hike to would be great. Thanks for all the ideas, everyone. Keep 'em coming.