Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

MY 2 Cents on Stillen HFC

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:00 PM
lemans06Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 2 Cents on Stillen HFC

Got some HFC from Stillen, according to them no "rasp" what so ever but not impressed. If you like the Harley sound mixed with M3 than go for it but really not great. Stillen stated that no "rasp" is heard on a stock veh... WTF! who has a stock veh today??? well i should have gone with FI or Crawford but too late now... or is it? MY 2Cents..

Last edited by lemans06Z; 06-30-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: change font
Old 06-30-2007, 02:06 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

If you didn't get what they advertised - you can return them..if they give you a fight, and hopefully you paid via credit card, then stop the payment and have it reversed for a defective and fraudulent product.

Now - I'm not saying the product is that way to begin with, just if you can't get support and things made right, those are arguments that will be heard.

Rick
Old 06-30-2007, 02:14 PM
lemans06Z

yeah... i did but they do not reply! i guess too busy or something, rep i talked to is not answering my email, they said that they will have to listen to the "rasp" but what if they do... what then. Lets say they hear it, i can only hope it is resolved because i was looking for a super charger and now really not interested in Stillen.. i wanted to stay in the Stillen family but not looking good. I appreciate your 2 Cents.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:18 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

Originally Posted by lemans06Z
yeah... i did but they do not reply! i guess too busy or something, rep i talked to is not answering my email, they said that they will have to listen to the "rasp" but what if they do... what then. Lets say they hear it, i can only hope it is resolved because i was looking for a super charger and now really not interested in Stillen.. i wanted to stay in the Stillen family but not looking good. I appreciate your 2 Cents.
Hey - no prob. There are Stillen products I love, and others I don't, and their customer service is the worst part. Stillen has been too big for their own britches for some time now. Their true market is the 300ZTT and the 280's - but they have a very strong past and rep too.

I would say the bottom line is this: If they say it wont rasp, but it does, they don't have a leg to stand on - any vendor for that fact. If the claim is for stock systems only, and your not, then you've got nothing to go on.

The only system, really, that will not rasp with testpipes or HFC's - are systems that were designed from the start to integrate that way. As soon as something changes though, every bit of planning goes right out the door...trust me - been there already.

Rick