Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Just broke up

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 07:00 AM
wicked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just broke up

I know its stupid, but I really need to complain. My girlfriend just broke up with me because she said i work to much. Now i do work alot about 50 hours a week but who doesn't. I am just starting my career. I mean i guess she could be qith someone who doesn't make $60,000 a year.

Thanks very letting my vent. And remember I am single now so tell your friends.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:13 AM
LithossZ

sorry to hear man
girls are evil, sounds pretty shady to me
Old 05-08-2003, 07:32 AM
simstad

I agree with previous, something isn't right, if you didn't work so much she would complain about not spending enough green on her. If she truly cared about you, then she would care how important your career is. 50 hours isn't THAT bad. Be thankful that it happened now so you weren't wasting months and years with her. Women rarely tell the real reason for break-ups. Try malepig.com, they got some decent articles about deciphering woman-speak.

Good luck,

Neil

p.s. I can set you up with my lil sis
Attached Thumbnails Just broke up-monalilsis.jpg  
Old 05-08-2003, 07:39 AM
BullishZ

Default Re: Just broke up

Originally posted by wicked
I know its stupid, but I really need to complain. My girlfriend just broke up with me because she said i work to much. Now i do work alot about 50 hours a week but who doesn't. I am just starting my career. I mean i guess she could be qith someone who doesn't make $60,000 a year.

Thanks very letting my vent. And remember I am single now so tell your friends.
Sorry to hear that bro. I think this calls for a guyz night out!
Old 05-08-2003, 07:41 AM
wicked

thanks Guys...as for the guys night out, don't forget Hi-Beer next friday.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:11 AM
djkern
Banned

not to push any buttons...but you only work 50 hours a week? 40 hours is just what they write for the typical week...to work out your paycheck...but i don't know one person that only works 40 hours a week. me, i easily work over 60 hours a week...and i'm not even close to my friends that work in the stockmarket...80 hours+...then you have my friends that work in hospitals...haha, 36 hours on, 12 off....36 hours on, 12 off....36 hours on, 12 off....you get the picture! be happy you only work 50 hours a week...as for the girlfriend. if she wants to find someone who works less that 50 hours a week...tell her to go to the mall and find someone who works in retail! you can do better....you will do better....so, no worries!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:22 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by djkern
not to push any buttons...but you only work 50 hours a week? 40 hours is just what they write for the typical week...to work out your paycheck...but i don't know one person that only works 40 hours a week. me, i easily work over 60 hours a week...and i'm not even close to my friends that work in the stockmarket...80 hours+...then you have my friends that work in hospitals...haha, 36 hours on, 12 off....36 hours on, 12 off....36 hours on, 12 off....you get the picture! be happy you only work 50 hours a week...as for the girlfriend. if she wants to find someone who works less that 50 hours a week...tell her to go to the mall and find someone who works in retail! you can do better....you will do better....so, no worries!
My team manages portfolios here at Merrill, on the buy-side. Good thing about that is... we don't have to call anyone or sell anything. The stock brokers do the selling, and we do the buying of stocks. Takes more brain work and credentials than a nice smile.

I work 35 hour weeks. Our corporate head SERIOUSLY discourages overtime. I get a month vacation time.

God I HAVE IT GOOD!!!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:29 AM
bobowah

Sorry dude..

We can take you out boy's nite out one of these nites.. Come clubbing on Saturday.. Once the Club closes we can go to the gentlemen's clubs in El Segundo.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:45 AM
kaiser23

Yyyyeah. You're better off without her. Like everyone else said, most people with a good career, that make more than $9 an hour will work more than 40 hour weeks. I work 40 hour weeks for about 8 months out of the year, and the other 4, I'm working 60-80 hours. Just the nature of the biz I'm in. I'm pretty sure it's the same in most of the entertainment industry. If you didn't work, you wouldn't bring home the cheese, and then she'd resent you for THAT. It would always be something.

-Sean

PS - Bull-ish, I get 3 weeks ON THE BOOKS vacation time, but with breaks in reward for working hard for stretches, we probably get more like a month and a half, PLUS we're taking 2 months off between projects after this game is done, so nya!! :P
Old 05-08-2003, 10:52 AM
victory1

Default sorry to hear that man

good luck with you r career, and the love life
Old 05-08-2003, 10:54 AM
BullishZ

PS - Bull-ish, I get 3 weeks ON THE BOOKS vacation time, but with breaks in reward for working hard for stretches, we probably get more like a month and a half, PLUS we're taking 2 months off between projects after this game is done, so nya!! :P [/B]
DOH!!! Sean, you Own3d me!
Old 05-08-2003, 11:05 AM
djkern
Banned

we could all just move over to europe and get an INSANE amount of time off....come on...there are parts of germany that get like 10 weeks off or some crap! what work ethics!! haha. (or we can all becoem teachers and get summers off...winter break...spring break...etc (and get paid like circus monkeys as well...that is unless you are professor at a college with your PhD!!).
Old 05-08-2003, 12:39 PM
wicked

Here i have unlimited personal and sick time, and 3 weeks paid vacation. it's nice.

And speaking of gentlemen's clubs have you been to Imperial Show Girls in Pico Rivera. My god off the hook. Not an ugly one in the house.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:59 PM
onefastdoc

Dude, tell your girlfriend to chill. 50 hours is less than half of what I work a week. I am usually physically in the hospital for 100 hours per week on when it's not that busy, and I've clocked in over 120 hours a week when it gets busy. Don't get me wrong. I don't enjoy working those hours, and I'm not knocking you for working 50 hours (acutally jealous), but your girlfriend is quite fortunate that you don't have my hours...
Old 05-08-2003, 01:04 PM
wicked

I'm over it. Who am I kidding with a car like mine (ours) how hard can it be?
Old 05-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Butterfly20

Don't worry. I just broke up with my boyfriend, and since then I've been less stressed out. Focus on yourself and have fun. There are so many beautiful girls out there, go get em!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:02 AM
wicked

I hear ya butterfly, but weekends sure are going to be lonely and boring. Well i guess i'll just hit the club scene again.

What are you doing tonight?
Old 05-09-2003, 07:04 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by djkern
LOL, I work 40 hrs/week, I use to work 50+, when I was working at 3 practices, NOW I found a good one and get paid the same as ALL 3 only working 1
Old 05-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Baramee

Originally posted by wicked
thanks Guys...as for the guys night out, don't forget Hi-Beer next friday.
That's right ...wicked....
hey..i just broke with my girl, too. it's ok..life will go on..
we will drink to that next friday..
Old 05-09-2003, 11:26 AM
wicked

That right Baramee. Single girls watch out. All the world needs is two single guyz in Z's

Quick Reply: Just broke up