Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got pulled over in Fountain Valley

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:43 AM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over in Fountain Valley

So this must be the first time I have ever run into a NICE cop. He came up asked me if i knew why he pulled me over. I assumed speeding which i may have been over 5mph over the limit. He asked me if i knew what the speed limit was and i answered 45 mph. He said it was 40 mph and that i was going 50mph. He proceeded to ask me a few more questions and then he went to check something in his car. I was lost by the way and told him that i was. He then came back to my car and asked if i needed directions. He helped me out and said " By the way I love the Z Cars.. . Just don't speed around here because theirs alot of cops out tonight. I was Amazed I ddn't get the ticket and he just took off. Anybody have any similar experience???
Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 AM
chriskabobbers

it's always a good thing when they are Z admirers, even better when they're Z owners themselves. Couple months back at JDM Theory, there were lots of on duty cops walking around checking out all the cars, and some of them owned Z's and we were just talking about mods and stuff, pretty cool.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:06 AM
wynd d z33

+1 for that cop wish there were more of them!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:00 AM
hkman78

I had an experience back in the day when I was young and stupid. I was messing around with my buddy who had a 97 Eclipse. I was driving a 91 Accord at that time. My buddy line up next to me at a stop light and we both took off at green light. We both stop after we hit 55 mph (I beat him btw). Meanwhile, a cop was a few car back behind us the whole time and saw the whole thing. My buddy and I decided to split up.

With my luck, the cop decided to follow me instead of my buddy. The cop was on my *** for like half a mile and finally decided to pull me over. The cop asked if I know why he pulled me over and I just have him a honest answer. He asked me who the other guy was and I told him he was my buddy and we were just messing around. He gave me a warning and told me not to do that again and let me go. At that moment, I felt like I was the luckiest guy on earth. Of course, that was happened before the Fast and the
Furious thing. I am sure now days, the cop would not let anyone get off the hook that easily.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:00 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it wasn't a traffic officer(not on motorcycle) and it was the evening shift, as long as you weren't doing anything major they normally just let you go. Those guys basically find osmething to pull you over for so they can run your ID. Basically called *hunting*. That's when they dont care about minor infractions, they are just out searching for the bad guys.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM
SnoDog

Man, what a cool cop. We can definitely use more guys like him around Orange County.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 AM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

^^^YEA for Sure... The cop actually helped me out and gave me directions to my friends house!!! Besides commenting that he liked my car I felt like the luckiest person on earth. Had no idea about "Hunting" , good info.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

I have NEVER, EVER been pulled over in FV and I cross through all the time. Cross over to Huntington Beach WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:10 AM
wildmangk

Y do cops ask "do yo know why I pulled you over?"
Old 08-16-2007, 10:10 AM
kmg3773

a while back, me and my friend were just messing around and he lined up next to me on a one way in the middle of no where and we were going to go on the 3rd honk, well a cop pulled up behind us right b4 the third honk and turned his lights on, we both took off kinda slow and i got in front but the cop just made a u-turn and left... i thought we were going to get tickets, but we lucked out....btw my dad is a luietenant out here so it would have been fixed anyway...haha
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That cop was ultra cool. If I was a cop, that's how I would be.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:57 AM
imseksy

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I have NEVER, EVER been pulled over in FV and I cross through all the time. Cross over to Huntington Beach WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY.

i agree... HB cops are not the ones u wanna deal with. they make you feel stupid. and you are most likely gonna get a ticket for something.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Originally Posted by imseksy
i agree... HB cops are not the ones u wanna deal with. they make you feel stupid. and you are most likely gonna get a ticket for something.
HB cops are not fun to deal with. Here in Newport Beach I hardly see any cops unless its 4th of july on Balboa Peninsula. They all drive the SUV's around here. I hear they did hire 250 more cops to patrol Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, and Crystal Cove areas
Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 AM
DRELOC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If i ever become a cop i will pull over every ricer i see and give them a ticket just for being UGLY
Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wildmangk
I think the question is an "attitude check". If the cop gets a smarta## answer or a total denial, then he / she has a better read on the type of person or situation they have to deal with. My thought is that they decide pretty much then and there how they are going to treat this person, aggressively or polite, give some slack, etc. based on the answer. If I'm doing 80 in a 30 and he asks me and I give him a BS answer, he might decide I think he's stupid which would be insulting.

I had a cop write me up for a missing front license plate instead of a speeding ticket just because I was honest with him, it was when I had my 02 Maxima, before the Z. I already had an outstanding speeding ticket so I was scared big time.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:39 PM
led

I almost got a ticket last night. I was coming home from my uncle's house at about 1AM and a cop saw me roll through a stop sign on a side street. When he came up to the window I wouldn't shut up about how dumb that was and how I was tired and just trying to go home yada yada yada. I guess he actually felt bad for me or something because he just told me to have a nice night.

That was weird.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:44 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by wildmangk

also to see if you will admit guilt or not. if you were speeding and the cop asks you why he pulled you over and you said "because i was speeding" u basically admitted fault, and if you decide to fight the ticket, that would totally go against you. thats why you should just say "to be honest officer i have no idea why you pulled me over" or something like that. but never admit guilt.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:53 PM
JYear

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
HB cops are not fun to deal with. Here in Newport Beach I hardly see any cops unless its 4th of july on Balboa Peninsula. They all drive the SUV's around here. I hear they did hire 250 more cops to patrol Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar, and Crystal Cove areas
Nice...I should submit my application there.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Amiricanmade

Very cool cop. Not all cops are POS's...i have ran into a couple cook cops myself here in Irvine.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

04 Roadster | 4 accidents | 1 speeding ticket | couple swirlies|

Nice signature. I drive through parts of HB and FV every day. The Police hardly ever give me a second look, and I have a CF hood that jumps out from my redline. If you are not doing anything to draw their attention, then you have nothing to worry about. Too many morons revving at lights, and then giving a little exhibition of speed impervious to who's around them. Drive smart people, and don't let some guy in a civic get to you.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over in Fountain Valley