Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Got a job selling Nissans; Anybody in SoCal need a car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:55 PM
jasonkimberson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakira
Sorry this is gonna be off-topic and this may not be the place to ask, but, why is it that I go to a Mitsubishi dealer and can't even test drive a used Evo MR without having to go through all the credit applications and all? I mean, they think it's a freakin Ferrari or something for god's sake. Is it because I pull up in my lowly stock S13 instead of my Z? I know salesmen always ask you what you drive. I guess you guys have to size customers up but sometimes you can't judge a book by its cover you know. Sorry if it's a rant but this happened at two places. Anyway, an insight is appreciated. Thanks.

i heard they do the same thing with vetts, anyways, thats why i didnt buy an EVO

i mean if i cant even test drive the car, then why the heck and i going to buy it, F them

retards...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:26 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zakira
Sorry this is gonna be off-topic and this may not be the place to ask, but, why is it that I go to a Mitsubishi dealer and can't even test drive a used Evo MR without having to go through all the credit applications and all? I mean, they think it's a freakin Ferrari or something for god's sake. Is it because I pull up in my lowly stock S13 instead of my Z? I know salesmen always ask you what you drive. I guess you guys have to size customers up but sometimes you can't judge a book by its cover you know. Sorry if it's a rant but this happened at two places. Anyway, an insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, that's just stupid and a sign of a bad dealership/sales staff/management. These are some of the things I looked for signs of when I was checking out dealerships and figuring out where I wanted to be (and why I ultimately turned down Mossy). It's understandable enough if there are popular cars like that that they have issues with people just coming in to joyride in them, but they could just come out and say to someone who immediately wants to jump in and test drive: "sir, this is a popular performance car and we just can't have anyone driving it, as the serious buyers are most often very sensitive to how many miles have been put on the car in test drives, etc." And then go through a proper fact finding session with the customer to find out if they are a serious potential buyer or not, THEN make the determination whether or not to allow the test drive.

I've experienced that myself, when I stopped by a dealer in Houston to drive a C6 Z06 they had on the used car lot. They had to run my credit before letting me drive it, but at least they explained it to me in such a way that it wasn't an insult. Basically the practice is to try to weed out potential joy-riders and protect the car and it's value to real buyers.

We haven't practiced this though, at Pacific Nissan. We don't restrict any cars from being driven and are encouraged to take people on long test drives. We treat everyone that comes on the lot as a potential buyer and go through the whole process with them, from the meet and greet, to the fact finding, the car selection, walk-around, demo-drive and THEN ask if they would like to buy the car today if the terms can be made to meet their satisfaction. We do this even for those that state they are "just looking" or the ones that we get a feeling that they aren't serious, because you never know what might happen; that light bulb of desire might go off and they might buy after all. Even if they don't, they've been treated with respect and they will remember that and hopefully come back when they ARE ready to buy. Just an FYI, though, we don't let people totally rag on the cars; it's all about keeping control of your customer. In this way, they can experience the car, yet the process is not detrimental to the car and thus a concern for whomever may ultimately purchase it.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Zakira

Thank you for the explanation, MustGoFastR. I can totally understand that dealers need to keep their inventory in pristine condition for the eventual buyer.

But in my case, the first dealer I went to, I was only LOOKING at the used Evo. Not even touching it, and the guy tells me "No test drive" unless I do the paperwork. I DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR ONE!
Old 09-08-2007, 06:54 AM
MustGoFastR

^ yeah, that guy was just a d!ck. There are plenty of them out there. Just makes it all the more easier for me to sell cars when someone comes from another dealership where they were treated like that.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
MustGoFastR

Bump. Anybody looking for a good deal on a car; let me know. I now handle all of our internet transactions, so I typically have access to the best pricing right out of the box.

FYI, for the month of October, Nissan has placed incentives on the 350Z. $1500 rebate on the coupes (excluding Nismo edition), and $3000 on the roadsters; the only stipulation is that you must finance with NMAC to take advantage of the rebates. Rebates and special financing on other models have never been better than they are right now; if you're looking to buy, this is the best time of year. PM me for more details.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM
MustGoFastR

Bump. Still selling. Anyone buying? PM me.

2008 350Zs coming in this month and next include:

- Base in Carbon Silver
- GT Roadster AT in San Marino blue/charcoal
- GT Roadster AT in Pikes Peak White/burnt orange
- Nismo Z in Pikes Peak White
Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve, can I place an order for a GTR?

Bat™
Old 11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
MustGoFastR

Unfortunately not. I've been getting calls on this now and then and talked to my manager about what we'd be doing. He siad we'd likely only get one or two of them in the course of the first year. There will be no deposits or pre-orders taken; it'll be strictly forst come, first served, buy on the spot, no test drives, etc. Also, expect a HEFTY markup on these at release.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM
stylett9

first come first serve, by on the spot *NO TEST DRIVE*

seriously? no test drive.... Nothing against you, but to your sales manager, i would never buy something that i couldn't atleast take for a spin around the block..
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
BlindFiring

im pretty sure the people who buy the first GTR's are pretty financially sound with more than one car are not going to even care if they can test drive it or not.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
MustGoFastR

^ True. Hell, when the Z first came out, they wouldn't even let you touch it, let alone test drive it. Course most of them were pre-sold, but still... Yeah, I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't drive, either, but then again, with a car like this, I wouldn't buy it if it had been previously test driven, either, so it's kind of a catch-22.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Amiricanmade

If you find anyone that buys a Z with the Brembo brakes and does not want it...i will pay them 2500 cash.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM
MustGoFastR

^ LOL, not likely, since they'd purposely be paying the few grand more over the Touring just to get them. Hell, just save up a little more and you can get yourself a BBK that'll be better than the OEM Brembos.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 AM
stylett9

OEM brembo's are that good/expensive? didn't know that.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
MustGoFastR

Anyone know anybody interested in either a '06 DB/charcoal Touring AT coupe w/ 25k miles or an '04 DB/frost Touring roadster 6MT w/ K&N Typhoon intake and 19k miles? Both cars extremely clean. Either car for under $25k. PM me; we need to move these things.