Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Camera lights in So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
tt3000gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera lights in So Cal

So, I am driving home from a friends house around 11:30pm and the light is yellow I decide to go through it and right before I go through the right turn, the light turns red and the camera flashes start to go off.

Am I screwed here? I thought these lights roll you for going through the red light not turning? Any one know if I will get a ticket in the mail? If I do what kind of fines can I expect?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Technically, yes you are screwed. You were supposed to come to a full and complete stop - even for committing a right turn.

However, it is possible that you will be lucky not to receive a ticket since you were making a right turn and the officer reviewing the 'evidence' might waive it since you weren't trying to run through the intersection after the red.

Good luck.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 PM
led

My girl just got a ticket for running a red on camera. She is looking at a 400 dollar fine. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that it doesnt come in the mail.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:26 AM
ML37

does your license plate have any E's or F's? if you do, do what i did: get a plate frame and adjust/grind/custom make it so that the bottom of the letters don't show up.
i had EGE on mine and i covered front it back to give me FGF. had a flash go off on me... never got a ticket in the mail
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
tt3000gt

Originally Posted by Anomaly
Technically, yes you are screwed. You were supposed to come to a full and complete stop - even for committing a right turn.

However, it is possible that you will be lucky not to receive a ticket since you were making a right turn and the officer reviewing the 'evidence' might waive it since you weren't trying to run through the intersection after the red.

Good luck.

I was thinking the same thing too, that since it was only a right turn that I might not get a ticket... lol what do think the odds of that happening are? When do these tickets usually arrive?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:24 AM
tt3000gt

ML37 wow thats actually good idea, only problem is that it looks like I already got the ticket
Old 08-31-2007, 09:23 AM
FairladyZX

Originally Posted by ML37
does your license plate have any E's or F's? if you do, do what i did: get a plate frame and adjust/grind/custom make it so that the bottom of the letters don't show up.
i had EGE on mine and i covered front it back to give me FGF. had a flash go off on me... never got a ticket in the mail
haha great idea...now i can get a personal plate with a custom frame that says EUC RED
Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
mikeygp4

the cameras aren't very accurate so you might get lucky. i received a photo ticket before and it had a picture of my car's rear (white 350z) but the close-up of the driver wasn't me. i went to the police station to challenge the ticket and watched a video of the intersection. sure enough there was a car running the red light but it was a black audi behind me. the cop said sometimes the camera's timing is off so you'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 PM
led

Originally Posted by mikeygp4
the cameras aren't very accurate so you might get lucky. i received a photo ticket before and it had a picture of my car's rear (white 350z) but the close-up of the driver wasn't me. i went to the police station to challenge the ticket and watched a video of the intersection. sure enough there was a car running the red light but it was a black audi behind me. the cop said sometimes the camera's timing is off so you'll just have to wait and see.
Some cameras actually record you and you can see the video at www.photonotice.com
Old 08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
ML37

Originally Posted by mikeygp4
when and where was this? could've been me. just recently sold my audi with the EGE plates
Old 09-03-2007, 04:29 AM
Fito68

ay bro ur gonna get the ticket no doubt about it happened to me to on Rosecrans and hindry in the southbay however mine was taken at 2 am and when i went to court i told them there was no traffic the light turned yellow when i was 30 feet away and in the middle of my turn i got flashed. however when i recieved the ticket i went the next day at the same time and took pics of the intersection and it was empty so in other words i took proof that no one was in danger and they dropped it all i had to pay was 10 bucks for court fees so ya u can try and do that
Old 09-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Guy the Larry

those camera lights are so fukcing buggy.

I've been flashed so many times going through an intersection while the light is green. Numerous times, coming to a complete stop before making a right.

Never received anything in the mail though. Still makes you wondering during the spur of the moment.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:07 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Ya I know Ive seen the lights go off on green too. Makes me wonder what i did and if im gonna get nailed with a ticket. I remember one when I first got my car I was so excited I took it out for a run that night and took a wrong turn and ended up by the toll road with no Money in my pocket. It was late at night so i pulled over and used my keys to pull off the rear liscense plate and went right through lights flashing and all. We should start a thread about where these cameras are.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 PM
creationv2

right on yellow turning red = ticket, at least in san bernardino....lots of co workers have gotten them ever since they put them damn things up. you have to come to a complete stop as mentioned above, sicne techincally a red light right turn is like a stop sign.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:21 AM
blksnake

Study this map:

There will be a quiz later this week

http://www.photoenforced.com/la.html

Last edited by blksnake; 09-04-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:28 AM
blksnake

Originally Posted by tt3000gt
So, I am driving home from a friends house around 11:30pm and the light is yellow I decide to go through it and right before I go through the right turn, the light turns red and the camera flashes start to go off.

Am I screwed here? I thought these lights roll you for going through the red light not turning? Any one know if I will get a ticket in the mail? If I do what kind of fines can I expect?
FYI - LAPD PDF file

Last edited by blksnake; 09-04-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 PM
tt3000gt

Originally Posted by Fito68
ay bro ur gonna get the ticket no doubt about it happened to me to on Rosecrans and hindry in the southbay however mine was taken at 2 am and when i went to court i told them there was no traffic the light turned yellow when i was 30 feet away and in the middle of my turn i got flashed. however when i recieved the ticket i went the next day at the same time and took pics of the intersection and it was empty so in other words i took proof that no one was in danger and they dropped it all i had to pay was 10 bucks for court fees so ya u can try and do that
Wow if this worked for you then I guess theres a chance it could work for me as well. I ran the light at 11:30 on a weekday and there were no cars present when the light was ran. The only problem is if this really worked wouldn't everyone be doing it? Well anyways, I definitely try it. What was the price of your ticket? From the gist of it, it seems it well range anywhere from 350-400 what a ****ing rip off for a right turn on a red...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 PM
EricChan
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Originally Posted by blksnake
Study this map:

There will be a quiz later this week

http://www.photoenforced.com/la.html
Holy S!#@ !!! I had no idea they had so many up in LA. Thats insane. I only know of a few here in OC.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by OCTrackZ
Holy S!#@ !!! I had no idea they had so many up in LA. Thats insane. I only know of a few here in OC.
You haven't driven through Santa Ana recently, have you?

Curious if we, as voters, might be able to get the cameras on a ballot and vote them into extinction...?

hmmm, doubtful.

Another option is to make the cameras more expensive to maintain than to operate by vandalism, sabotage, and other means.**

**i'm not recommending nor endorsing this but i am curious what the cities/counties would do if their precious revenue generating machines were to become unreliable, faulty, and expensive to upkeep.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:11 AM
desiZ

dont mean to be the bearer of bad news, but a colleague of mine at work did the exact same thing in broad daylight, did not stop to make a right turn and he got 5 pictures from different angles of his car. was in gardena,ca, his ticket was 370$.

Quick Reply: Camera lights in So Cal