Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:44 AM
TimeAttkZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
I have about all of tupac's cds and i can honestly say he's not even great.
Sorry, but that was a ridiculous statement. You can have your opinion's when it comes to your personal list of favorite and most talented rappers and I understand that. But to say that Tupac was not great is so far from the truth its unbelievable. Its not about liking or disliking his music. His music made huge impacts on society at that time and helped many poeple find a way out and thats undeniable . Sounds cheesy, buts thats some peoples life right there. To you it just might be lyrics and music, but to others consider him an inspiration. Theres a reason why hip hop stars today and those from the past have and will embrace him. Tupac told a story. Hip Hop, rap or whatever you want to call it... would not be what it is today without him.

Now saying you don't like Babe Ruth is one thing, but saying that Babe Ruth was not a great baseball player as just plain stupid . He invented the game and forever changed it... as did Tupac.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 10-20-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:58 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeAttkZ
Sorry, but that was a ridiculous statement. You can have your opinion's when it comes to your personal list of favorite and most talented rappers. But to say that Tupac was not great is so far from the truth its unbelievable. Its not about liking or disliking his music. His music made huge impacts on society in many different ways. Tupac told a story. Hip Hop , rap or whatever you want to label it... would not be what it is today without him.
if you truly believe that, i really don't know what to say. Dont' get me wrong, i wouldn't have all of tupac's cds for no reason.

Told a story? A story of what? I know a lot of songs has nothing to do with his life. And if you think telling or making stories of someone else's life or making a song that relates to a person's life makes him a good rapper, i really dont' know what to tell you either. That's like saying any story teller than has a non annoying voice can be the best rapper. He was smart, he had a lot of things and scenerios in his head.

I also have a lot of his lyrics stored on my comp, i can pull up a lot of nonsense BS that most other rappers closely says the same as well. Not sure if they copied or not but does that make that rapper great like tupac or be a good rapper? It's all about final execution and Tupac does that. But there are a lot of rappers out there i believe are on the same "great" level of tupac and even more.

Also, like i said before, most of CALI will be on tupac side. That's given. It's been a HUGE debate. You can put this question in a new york forum and they will easily be on BIG's side. That's a given to represent where you live. And when Pac said "to live and die in LA, it's the place to be", i can't stand my friends and cousins who lives near the OC and nice parts. It's like they don't even listen to the rest of the song and just the main chorus. They are just representing themselves, plain and simple. Even people who don't know anything about rap or tupac will know enough from the media that tupac was the better rapper between the two. Listening music from the radio and hearing the "hit" songs, you won't be able to see who is the better rapper. So i really think this questions boils down more to the people who listen to both rappers extensively.

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 10-20-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:43 AM
led

Personally, I liked Biggie more. His lyrics flowed better and his stories were creative.

I felt that Tupac was still learning about life and that he wasn't really sincere. He rapped about being a thug and a gangster but he wasn't even arrested until after he became famous. He rapped about political black man struggle but it was his mom who was a panther, not him.

Either way, they both died too young. Sucks.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:52 AM
CervanteZ

2pac because at least he eased off the cold cuts. Oh yeah, and because I'm all about the westsiiieieide!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:58 AM
TimeAttkZ

if you truly believe that, i really don't know what to say. Dont' get me wrong, i wouldn't have all of tupac's cds for no reason.

Told a story? A story of what? I know a lot of songs has nothing to do with his life. And if you think telling or making stories of someone else's life or making a song that relates to a person's life makes him a good rapper, i really dont' know what to tell you either. That's like saying any story teller than has a non annoying voice can be the best rapper. He was smart, he had a lot of things and scenerios in his head.

I also have a lot of his lyrics stored on my comp, i can pull up a lot of nonsense BS that most other rappers closely says the same as well. Not sure if they copied or not but does that make that rapper great like tupac or be a good rapper? It's all about final execution and Tupac does that. But there are a lot of rappers out there i believe are on the same "great" level of tupac and even more.

Also, like i said before, most of CALI will be on tupac side. That's given. It's been a HUGE debate. You can put this question in a new york forum and they will easily be on BIG's side. That's a given to represent where you live. And when Pac said "to live and die in LA, it's the place to be", i can't stand my friends and cousins who lives near the OC and nice parts. It's like they don't even listen to the rest of the song and just the main chorus. They are just representing themselves, plain and simple. Even people who don't know anything about rap or tupac will know enough from the media that tupac was the better rapper between the two. Listening music from the radio and hearing the "hit" songs, you won't be able to see who is the better rapper. So i really think this questions boils down more to the people who listen to both rappers extensively.
None of that really makes a point tho man. No where in my post did I say Tupac was a better rapper than Biggie. I luv Biggie as well. I was simply adressing the fact that you said Tupac "was not even great". You contradicted yourself, saying
" I wouldn't have all of Tupac's cds for no reason. "
. If he could get you to buy all of his CD's like you claim, then he obviously did his job.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Amiricanmade

Dude, just go listen to your Cash Money Millionaires CD. You obviously have no clue what good music is. It’s not all about the beat, and even if it is he had great ones. Many of his songs were not ones you could bump in the club; they were ones people could relate to all over the world. Listening to fake rappers talking about cars/money/bitches gets old after a while, especially since most of them rent the cars/jewelry and bitches.

2pac FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Dude, just go listen to your Cash Money Millionaires CD.

sorry this isnt directed towards anyone it just sounded funny......

me personally..... 2pac > Biggie

why.....

i do, and still always will bump 2pac for as long as rap has a taste in my mouth. i feel anyone one of his songs would make you nod and bump your head driving flowing to the lyrics which do make sense. Biggie is a good rapper, but there are a pretty good amount of those and like Rick did say they are unique in their own different styles....

I feel that Biggie cant ever be on 2pac's level and i hate how they are compared as equal usually, its like comparing an EVO to a Z, theyre just 2 different level of cars.

2pac had way more music and albums out although his very few last ones sucked ballz but he had way more albums over Notorious who had like what2 or 3. 2pac's songs and albums are just overpowering to be compared as equal to Biggie at least thats how i feel..

and im not like 2pac is the best cause hes from the west and i currently stay here although i have hella left coast pride i was born in Queens NY
Old 10-20-2007, 12:23 PM
TimeAttkZ

Dude, just go listen to your Cash Money Millionaires CD. You obviously have no clue what good music is. It’s not all about the beat, and even if it is he had great ones. Many of his songs were not ones you could bump in the club; they were ones people could relate to all over the world. Listening to fake rappers talking about cars/money/bitches gets old after a while, especially since most of them rent the cars/jewelry and bitches.

2pac FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
Old 10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
SuperBlack350z

2pac FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what are you talking about? You are getting on me because i said a good rapper needs a good beat as well? What's wrong with that? So you are telling me you would listen to tupac do accapella? i don't think so. Relating to a song doesn't make them a good rapper. It's just shows that you have problems in your life or something. LIke i said, anyone can be smart and pre write rhymes any scenarios that can make it relate to someone somewhere. It's all about execution. Do you actually think people bought buy a cd because words itself? You are a fool if you think that.

Also bringing Cash money millionaires has nothing to do with this unless you think they have good beats. Their songs can relate to someone in this world. Are they great? And if you actually listen to Tupacs cds, he also had songs that are talking about money and bitches. That's what i mean. You probably don't even listen to him enough so you come up wiht assumptions.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:42 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by TimeAttkZ
None of that really makes a point tho man. No where in my post did I say Tupac was a better rapper than Biggie. I luv Biggie as well. I was simply adressing the fact that you said Tupac "was not even great". You contradicted yourself, saying . If he could get you to buy all of his CD's like you claim, then he obviously did his job.
Point of what? Just because a person can make a song to relate to someone else, makes them a good rapper? You have to have the full package. Have you heard of lil boosie? Have you heard his annoying voice? If he rapped everything Tupac has and Tupac never exhisted, do you think lil boosie would of been a good rapper? No. Because everyone would get annoyed. There's more to being a good rapper than pure lyrics because any smart person can have great lyrics. There is more to a rap song that lyrics itself.. The style of the rapper, the beat(important beause this is the music),..etc

From your post, all you are saying is that anyone that can rap scenarios that can relate to people makes them a good rapper. I have all of lil jon's cds for my stereo because it has good bass, does that make him a good rapper/hypeman? Hell no. I have all of Tupac cds because it's one of my few collections that i have.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Amiricanmade

what are you talking about? You are getting on me because i said a good rapper needs a good beat as well? What's wrong with that? So you are telling me you would listen to tupac do accapella? i don't think so. Relating to a song doesn't make them a good rapper. It's just shows that you have problems in your life or something. LIke i said, anyone can be smart and pre write rhymes any scenarios that can make it relate to someone somewhere. It's all about execution. Do you actually think people bought buy a cd because words itself? You are a fool if you think that.

Also bringing Cash money millionaires has nothing to do with this unless you think they have good beats. Their songs can relate to someone in this world. Are they great? And if you actually listen to Tupacs cds, he also had songs that are talking about money and bitches. That's what i mean. You probably don't even listen to him enough so you come up wiht assumptions.
What makes a good rapper? Tell me since you seem to know what hip-hop is about. Most people Pre-Writes their rhymes.....if you’re paying thousands to use a studio you will be stupid not to pre-write them….and the ones that don’t have nothing to talk about but BULLSHIIT that they make up on the top of their mind (money, cars, bling, girls). Yes 2pac did talk about money and bitches, but the majority of his songs were not about that…….not that you would know that or anything even though you claim to know all his songs and have his lyrics “saved on your computer.” You seem lost buddy, first you claim he was not good, then you say he was good because he was “smart”…..just stop. And BTW the Cash Money remark was to make you look stupid, but I don’t need to do that…..you have already proved your stupidity. Just go listen to some Master P, aint you from North Carolina boy?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Amiricanmade

Point of what? Just because a person can make a song to relate to someone else, makes them a good rapper? You have to have the full package. Have you heard of lil boosie? Have you heard his annoying voice? If he rapped everything Tupac has and Tupac never exhisted, do you think lil boosie would of been a good rapper? No. Because everyone would get annoyed. There's more to being a good rapper than pure lyrics because any smart person can have great lyrics. There is more to a rap song that lyrics itself.. The style of the rapper, the beat(important beause this is the music),..etc

From your post, all you are saying is that anyone that can rap scenarios that can relate to people makes them a good rapper. I have all of lil jon's cds for my stereo because it has good bass, does that make him a good rapper/hypeman? Hell no. I have all of Tupac cds because it's one of my few collections that i have.
WHY WOULD YOU HAVE ALL OF TUPACS CDS IF YOU DON'T THINK HE IS THAT GOOD OF A RAPPER? AND WHY WOULD HE BE ONE OF THE FEW CD COLLECTIOSN YOU HAVE? LMAO! I hiiiiiiiiightly doubt you have ANY of his CD's you tool, becuase if you did you would not buy them thinking he was an average rapper. Is it me or is this tool going in circles?

Last edited by Amiricanmade; 10-20-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
SuperBlack350z

WHY WOULD YOU HAVE ALL OF TUPACS CDS IF YOU DON'T THINK HE IS THAT GOOD OF A RAPPER? AND WHY WOULD HE BE ONE OF THE FEW CD COLLECTIOSN YOU HAVE? LMAO! I hiiiiiiiiightly doubt you have ANY of his CD's you tool, becuase if you did you would not buy them thinking he was an average rapper. Is it me or is this tool going in circles?
lol, you are getting heated over my opinion. You are so caught up with Tupac and you think you know so much. lol. This is funny. Next step is calling people names. You are great. I guess you related to Tupac with his gangster and took it to the internet.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Amiricanmade

" have about all of tupac's cds "

"I have all of Tupac cds because it's one of my few collections that i have."

Which one is it? All or about all? LMAO. No i am not related to Tupac and everything you said after that was not english...."I guess you related to Tupac with his gangster and took it to the internet."
Old 10-20-2007, 04:41 PM
johzp

Superblack350z: I really want to know what you think good hip hop/rap is. You seem to be getting to...."songs have BASS thats why i listen to them" "they dont need to relate to me as long as they have BASS because relating songs to people is too easy" "If he sang about oranges and apples, I would listen to it if it had good beats and BASS"

Rap is in itself another form of poetry...and yeah when you read a poem (dont know if you have ever or not) do you say its crap because its sooo easy to relate it to people dying in the war and etc....and it has crappy beats? I think beats and rythm make a song a "SONG" if you didnt have anything you would just be talking right? These two elements make rap what it was and kinda is today...I can agree that todays rap/hiphop doesnt really attract me because they are always overplayed on the radios and all the songs talk about sex/money/sex/sex/clubbing....I think it all goes with the trend....tupac talked about what everyone wanted to hear and needed to know...today what rappers and hip hop talk about whats going on today....thats the sole reason we are interested and listen to their music. If you dont know the power of media..I suggest you take a class or do some research about it...as people we are all slaves to media whether you like it or not.... I bet if your fav rap star started to

anyways...I know that not all the songs tupac made were aimed to make an impact on people.....after all he is an entertainer and he needs to make money right =D But what makes him great is that over a decade later..people still listen to his words and are inspired...and most rappers hip hop artists today probably got into hip hop after listen to a biggie or tupac track.

But back on topic...I have more tupac songs than biggie songs.......does that tell you something? I still love biggie songs and listen to both when I want to get away from the overplayed crap on the radio.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:10 PM
mofo.

hammer!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:01 AM
SuperBlack350z

" have about all of tupac's cds "

"I have all of Tupac cds because it's one of my few collections that i have."

Which one is it? All or about all? LMAO. No i am not related to Tupac and everything you said after that was not english...."I guess you related to Tupac with his gangster and took it to the internet."
collection meaning i have all of his cds. I also have all of Bone thugs n harmony cds as an example of another collection. Even though they aren't great lyricists to me since all they talk about is drugs but it's very easy on the ear and their style is different. There are a few artists that i actually buy all of their cds because i like to see their progression in music and lyrics. But yes,i have pretty much all of tupacs cds, even the the last three ones taht are just different beats with his older lyrics. I bought those just to see what latest producers can do with his lyrics and also to add to the collection. I thought some of the songs on his soundtrack of his movie was really good. That's because you put some better beats, you have a better all around song.

Also, you are pretty childish with all the name calling and jokes. It already shows me you like Tupac because of location. Me being from North Carolina means nothing. Are you saying i can't know what good music is? Do you see me saying Petey Pablo is teh greatest because he's repping my state? No. But if you want to act like a child or an incoherent, go right ahead. I just wanted to point that out to you.

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 10-21-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:20 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by johzp
Superblack350z: I really want to know what you think good hip hop/rap is. You seem to be getting to...."songs have BASS thats why i listen to them" "they dont need to relate to me as long as they have BASS because relating songs to people is too easy" "If he sang about oranges and apples, I would listen to it if it had good beats and BASS"

Rap is in itself another form of poetry...and yeah when you read a poem (dont know if you have ever or not) do you say its crap because its sooo easy to relate it to people dying in the war and etc....and it has crappy beats? I think beats and rythm make a song a "SONG" if you didnt have anything you would just be talking right? These two elements make rap what it was and kinda is today...I can agree that todays rap/hiphop doesnt really attract me because they are always overplayed on the radios and all the songs talk about sex/money/sex/sex/clubbing....I think it all goes with the trend....tupac talked about what everyone wanted to hear and needed to know...today what rappers and hip hop talk about whats going on today....thats the sole reason we are interested and listen to their music. If you dont know the power of media..I suggest you take a class or do some research about it...as people we are all slaves to media whether you like it or not.... I bet if your fav rap star started to

anyways...I know that not all the songs tupac made were aimed to make an impact on people.....after all he is an entertainer and he needs to make money right =D But what makes him great is that over a decade later..people still listen to his words and are inspired...and most rappers hip hop artists today probably got into hip hop after listen to a biggie or tupac track.

But back on topic...I have more tupac songs than biggie songs.......does that tell you something? I still love biggie songs and listen to both when I want to get away from the overplayed crap on the radio.

I meant that beats not as in good bass but as in a song as a whole. The number one reason there is to a song in the first place is because of the music. That's the first attraction to a song. So you basically just said the exact same as i did. Music and lyrics make a song. Others can like a song because of the words if they feel they can relate and the beat can be so so. My point was that i have songs that i play since i have a system in my car that has good beats but doesn't make the artists no way good. So i think you got the bass thing mixxed or something.

I'll repeat, it's the total execution of a song that makes a rapper great. There are lot of rappers that scream and have their own "style" that other people who like different genres of music will feel that they aren't comfortable with so they call it trash. I can understand this. Tupac always had great execution but people put him on a pedestal like there aren't any other rappers present that aren't on his level or something. If he didn't die and kept doing music and his lyrics and songs got worse, i bet no one would say he was the greatest. Saying he was the greatest of all time is a huge statement. A statement that i feel no one can make unless all rappers are long gone and we can all look back of what they got. There are tons of artists who go down the drain from being good.

I made the point where i said other horrible rappers that have horrible voice or style of rapping can rap exactly the same stuff as Tupac did and never get the respect as him. That is just another reason of execution. There are actually songs that Tupac rapped that lyrics are total garbage but like you said, it's all entertainment at the end , good will over power the bad stuff.

Artists that i currently listen to and think are great are Rakim, Mos def, Talib Kweli, Pharoah Monch. Newer artists that i think are great lyricists are Lupe Fiasco and Common even though i think Common is a bit less aggressive but still great and have universal sound. You can play these artists and not offend or make uncomfortable around people that hate rap music. Oh yeah, i actually like Nas as well. His song that he rapped backwards is genius in my book.

I like both biggie and Pac but as a lyricist, i would choose Pac. Entertainer goes to Biggie. Pac had a lot of drama that made him even more popular which some people will over hype him.

Last edited by SuperBlack350z; 10-21-2007 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My vote goes to

Vanilla Ice
Old 10-21-2007, 12:39 AM
black06z

2pac by an avalanche.

Quick Reply: 2pac vs. Biggie, who's side you on and why?