Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Warning: Do not go to EZLube in Huntington Beach & Family Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:13 AM
evil_tt
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Warning: Do not go to EZLube in Huntington Beach & Family Nissan

First off, I know you all are going to hate that I went to a Lube place to change my oil rather than doing it myself but I have been moving all week and haven't had time to stop and change my oil, my biggest regret. I went to EZLube in HB. I sat there while the employees talked on the phone not helping me at first and then waiting while they gazed at my engine as if they didn't know what to do. Then one guy said, "which filter do I put in this", not checking the computer, and the other guy just said, "uhhh...I think its ####". So finally after a 30 minutes wait(after they drained my oil) they finally filled it and I left. Later on, I was driving on the freeway and heard a big clunking sound under my car but didn't really bother worrying it. A few miles later I looked in my Review Mirror and saw black smoke coming out my car. So I pulled over and all the my oil came draining out, black smoke started spewing out under my car and out my exhaust...GREAT!

They ended up not tightening my Drain Bolt and lightly damaging my engine. So I am fighting this now. I took my care to Family Nissan in RSM and strait off the bat the service guy said "ohh...your cars low, are you coming to change your suspension back to stock?" ......(sigh).. So I tell them that I will pay the $95 dollars to inspect my engine and check compression. So I'm waiting around and they come back and said, "your car isn't making sounds as you claim and there is no need to check it." HUHH?? So i went into the garage with the Mechanic, replicated the knocking sound and asked him to please check out the engine, not just the oil level as he was checking. And he said "maybe you should try putting another kind of gas in it". HUH??? Anyway, They refused to check out my car thinking its the gas (chevron premium) that I should trying switching to a higher quality gas??? I called the manager, he never returned my phone call, i am fighting with EZLube and I am trying to finish painting my house as I am still moving in........

hope you guys are having a better week!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:34 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow.

First off, never go to a place called EZlube unless there is an happy ending.

Second off, go back and slap the mechanic for telling you that Chevron is not quality gas.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 10-31-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

i wouldnt take my car to Jiffy lube or EZ lube usually the people working there are like highschool kids who dont really know 2 rats about cars...

sorry to hear though,
dont you wish Performance or Westco was around the corner

good luck with everything
Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
evil_tt
Banned

^Trust...yes!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 PM
leatherface_ca

Thats why I go to WCN!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
yangs s14

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
i wouldnt take my car to Jiffy lube or EZ lube usually the people working there are like highschool kids who dont really know 2 rats about cars...

sorry to hear though,

thats not true, and jsut cause high school kids work there doesnt mean they dont know rats ***, i know couple high school kids who work at jiffylube/ezlube and probably know alot more about cars than half the people on this forum, but yah HB ezlube and jiffylube sux..and no im not trying to talk back to you cause i would never do that ^_~, but just stating the truth
Old 11-01-2007, 07:09 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Sorry to hear about your problems and I hope you get a beneficial settlement. A co-worker had her oil changed (err drained) at a Jiffy Lube type place. They forgot to fill it. She got a new engine.

That being said, I think it's wrong to assume the lube places are bad. I have a hard time believing even "high school kids" could screw up an oil change. I know it happens occasionally but seriously... how hard can it be?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by yangs s14
thats not true, and jsut cause high school kids work there doesnt mean they dont know rats ***, i know couple high school kids who work at jiffylube/ezlube and probably know alot more about cars than half the people on this forum, but yah HB ezlube and jiffylube sux..and no im not trying to talk back to you cause i would never do that ^_~, but just stating the truth

when you go there not "stating" that all the highschool kids dont really know much but you have to remember ALOT of people now are more aware about cars NOW, jiffylube has been around since my brother has been working/driving a car (1994ish) we didnt have internet and forums around then, there was like 2 magazines out Turbo and sport compact car. we've seen through the years how many cars of friends they messed up especially with stripping the drain plug bolt... not one or 2 guys but quite a few and at different locations. its all good though im just saying i cant trust my car with people who have messed up peoples cars' ive known for years...its been through past experience... (1994- present day)

ive been around cars THAT LONG my brother is 31, im 26, in 1994 when DRAG racing was the only motorsport around he used to have a 1991 Acura Integra lowered on cut suspension ST springs, DC headers, bullfrog cams, Borla exhaust, test pipe, PIAA 959, Sparco 15" wheels, Fuba antenna, pull out tape deck, MSD, RS akimoto intake, NGK spark plug wires, Mugen 3 piece wing, amberse taillights, sidemarkers etc.... im hella old school

what is that like over 13 years i can honestly say i have seen like around 8 cars get messed up at various locations, friends, their parents... people always getting tricked to buy a fcking air filter !!! look how EZ lube almost went under for all the things they conned people for prior within the last year or so

its just me i wouldnt take my car over there

Last edited by Boneout JZA80; 11-01-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 AM
annahandres

Ouch. Sorry that sucks. Sorry to thread jack but last time I changed my oil I somehow tightened the oil filter on too much.. even though I just did it by hand. Now I can't get the fcker off! I am scared I'm gonna have to bring it in next time. I checked my oil 1500 miles after I had changed it and put on the last oil filter, couldn't get it off.. and just drained my oil and refilled it just incase I can't get it off next time I try. And I tried using one of those oil filter wrenches to get it off. I'm scared to take it in!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 AM
chrisnathan

Oww man, so how is your car now? Keep posting the updates
Old 11-01-2007, 08:17 AM
CervanteZ

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80

sorry to hear though,

High School Kids you say?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1hj...elated&search=

Last edited by CervanteZ; 11-01-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by CervanteZ

ROFL
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CervanteZ
LOL funny *** video! I found this while watching that one though LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FefIzya7fw
Old 11-01-2007, 09:35 AM
ginobetterfly

dude pleeeasse just drive to West Covina Nissan next time... i do, and im in Fountain Valley (right next to you)...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM
ReV74

Originally Posted by gsazabi

LMAO!!! Dude that's a mest up Dad! haha funny though.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
CervanteZ

Son of a mother! I fell for the halogen liquid!!! lol J/K. Transmission does improve gas mileage though...
Funny stuff.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

nice find Kevin damn man dood hahahha
Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by evil_tt
First off, I know you all are going to hate that I went to a Lube place to change my oil rather than doing it myself but I have been moving all week and haven't had time to stop and change my oil, my biggest regret. I went to EZLube in HB. I sat there while the employees talked on the phone not helping me at first and then waiting while they gazed at my engine as if they didn't know what to do. Then one guy said, "which filter do I put in this", not checking the computer, and the other guy just said, "uhhh...I think its ####". So finally after a 30 minutes wait(after they drained my oil) they finally filled it and I left. Later on, I was driving on the freeway and heard a big clunking sound under my car but didn't really bother worrying it. A few miles later I looked in my Review Mirror and saw black smoke coming out my car. So I pulled over and all the my oil came draining out, black smoke started spewing out under my car and out my exhaust...GREAT!

They ended up not tightening my Drain Bolt and lightly damaging my engine. So I am fighting this now. I took my care to Family Nissan in RSM and strait off the bat the service guy said "ohh...your cars low, are you coming to change your suspension back to stock?" ......(sigh).. So I tell them that I will pay the $95 dollars to inspect my engine and check compression. So I'm waiting around and they come back and said, "your car isn't making sounds as you claim and there is no need to check it." HUHH?? So i went into the garage with the Mechanic, replicated the knocking sound and asked him to please check out the engine, not just the oil level as he was checking. And he said "maybe you should try putting another kind of gas in it". HUH??? Anyway, They refused to check out my car thinking its the gas (chevron premium) that I should trying switching to a higher quality gas??? I called the manager, he never returned my phone call, i am fighting with EZLube and I am trying to finish painting my house as I am still moving in........

hope you guys are having a better week!
If you kept receipts and took pictures, you pretty much have a guaranteed win if you sue them (which I would do)