Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

California Speedway!! 1/05/08 Roll Call!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007 | 10:05 AM
denchan350gt

it's up to CS if and when they enforce it which is sometimes. I don't think it will hurt to be prepared if they do decide to enforce it.

Dan (dozzer) did you get your car back yet?
Old 12-25-2007 | 12:18 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
NEGATIVE

California Speedway DOES NOT require a firejacket for FI.... not for nitrous, not for turbo, not for superchargers.

I've been racing there since it opened in day one, and not once have they had this rule at that particular track. I would strongly recommend not answering newbie questions with assumptions, as this type of false information deters people to making it to track events.

I'm sure other people who have used this type of induction at CaliSpeedway can chime in and confirm. Now, other tracks, it is highly recommended you guys verify with each particular track what is required to run at their facilities.
Oh the irony

There have been recent changes in regulations

Old 12-25-2007 | 01:13 PM
dozzer1b

Originally Posted by denchan350gt
it's up to CS if and when they enforce it which is sometimes. I don't think it will hurt to be prepared if they do decide to enforce it.

Dan (dozzer) did you get your car back yet?

not yet, Sam is finishing it up, and im told i should expect it back before the 1st of the year
Old 12-25-2007 | 04:18 PM
Nastyboy

Whoa!!

Calm down I've been to CS with FI many times also. I'm only repeating what I've been told recently from people who have went there. This is something new.
Not jumping on you bro, if I did, I apologize. Just wanted to make sure people do not keep on answering questions with assumptions, as this has been the case with plenty other post.

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I suggest you make yourself familiar with the 2007 NHRA rulebook. You jumped all over denchan350gt when he was actually right and you were wrong. All NHRA rules supercede any and all CS rules. Section 10:10 reads, 13.99 to 10.00; all E.T. non-OEM supercharged, non-OEM turbocharged or nitrous equipped cars with an OEM or 0.24 inch steel firewall: Jacket meeting SFI Spec 3.2A/1 mandatory.

I am familiar with the rule book. I wasn't jumping on dechan350gt... if you take time to re-read my post, I clearly stated that this information was specifically for CS, as other track may chose to enforce certain rules writted on the rule book.

Also, if you recal, this is for a STREET LEGAL event, which sometimes does not fully enforce all NHRA rules as in other events or tracks

Again, assumptions are what makes people shine their best...

Not to mentioned I have ran nitrous on my car at that track all the way to the last open street legal event, without any incident or request to follow the NHRA rulebook, despite this question being brought up prior to the event, and asked specifically to one of the track officials at tech inspection.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Oh the irony

There have been recent changes in regulations

If would be ironic if the track had actually enforced it. But as of yet, this track has been very casual, even compared to LACR when it was open.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with playing it safe. Maybe they'll start enforcing it in 2008, better late than never.
Old 12-25-2007 | 05:05 PM
denchan350gt

no problem hope to see you there. I think you and Mrtomcat are the only Zs that I know of in the 12's at calispeedway.

I'm close 13.03@107 on street tires. If I had my Drs that day I would of definately got into the 12's.

I'm trying to get my friend that has a 350Z on nitrous to come.

Hopefully they will continue to be casual with the rules.
Old 12-25-2007 | 05:21 PM
06MagneticZ

If I ran a 14.4 at LACR, will my times be better here at Cali Speedway?? Just out of curiosity. Now I even have a JWT Flywheel and Nismo clutch. I just dont have my Time Attacks anymore, running on stocks
Old 12-25-2007 | 06:21 PM
denchan350gt

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
If I ran a 14.4 at LACR, will my times be better here at Cali Speedway?? Just out of curiosity. Now I even have a JWT Flywheel and Nismo clutch. I just dont have my Time Attacks anymore, running on stocks
you should since you will be at a lower altitude than LACR.
Old 12-25-2007 | 09:20 PM
Nastyboy

no problem hope to see you there. I think you and Mrtomcat are the only Zs that I know of in the 12's at calispeedway.

I'm close 13.03@107 on street tires. If I had my Drs that day I would of definately got into the 12's.

I'm trying to get my friend that has a 350Z on nitrous to come.

Hopefully they will continue to be casual with the rules.

Yeah, I'm trying to make it, but I'm not sure I'll have my new transmission in time by then. I've been letting it sit in the back burner for too long, and with the holiday season, I chose to spend $$ on other things. Anyway, I'll be there regardless, support or run. Hopefully we'll be able to talk that day.
Old 12-25-2007 | 09:47 PM
srexplicit

Sweet!!! See you all there!!
BTW, If you are not sure if you will run lower than 13's (for the required helmet rule) I suggest that you take the helmet but when you go through inspection tell them that you will be running 14's!!
If you do run 13's then they will enforce the rule after you run!!
Old 12-26-2007 | 12:41 PM
Hexxum001

I am familiar with the rule book. I wasn't jumping on dechan350gt... if you take time to re-read my post, I clearly stated that this information was specifically for CS, as other track may chose to enforce certain rules writted on the rule book.

Also, if you recal, this is for a STREET LEGAL event, which sometimes does not fully enforce all NHRA rules as in other events or tracks

Again, assumptions are what makes people shine their best...

Not to mentioned I have ran nitrous on my car at that track all the way to the last open street legal event, without any incident or request to follow the NHRA rulebook, despite this question being brought up prior to the event, and asked specifically to one of the track officials at tech inspection.
It's not an assumption my friend, it's fact. Per the rules for the Street Legal Drags at CS:"ALL NHRA STREET LEGAL RULES WILL APPLY AND GOVERN THE EVENT (NHRA Rule Book supercedes all California Dragway rules)."
That's from their website. That's hardly an assumption. The only assumption being made here is by you that CS will not enforce these rules or will be casual about the rules. If people take your advice and CS does end up fully enforcing these rules, you and a lot of other people might be turned away. Why not be safe than sorry? You can get a jacket that meets the requirements for about $50. I'm not trying to argue bro. But people do need to know the rules. If they choose not to follow them and take a chance, they run the risk of being turned away. This is a fairly new rule that may not have been enforced before. But what's to say that they won't this time around. Just trying to help out my fellow VQ owners here.

Last edited by Hexxum001; 12-26-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2007 | 01:37 PM
97supratt

I'm actually going to show up to this event. I got something special on my HR I want to test out. wooohooo! Can't wait to see everyone there, haven't raced the Z in months.

Old 12-26-2007 | 02:07 PM
srexplicit

Hell yeah!!
so you have a supra?
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:04 PM
Hexxum001

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I'm actually going to show up to this event. I got something special on my HR I want to test out. wooohooo! Can't wait to see everyone there, haven't raced the Z in months.

Cool deal bro. I've been wanting to see you run your Z since the day that I bought your DR's. Let me know if you wanna caravan with a few G's.
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:44 PM
Nastyboy

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
It's not an assumption my friend, it's fact. Per the rules for the Street Legal Drags at CS:"ALL NHRA STREET LEGAL RULES WILL APPLY AND GOVERN THE EVENT (NHRA Rule Book supercedes all California Dragway rules)."
That's from their website. That's hardly an assumption. The only assumption being made here is by you that CS will not enforce these rules or will be casual about the rules. If people take your advice and CS does end up fully enforcing these rules, you and a lot of other people might be turned away. Why not be safe than sorry? You can get a jacket that meets the requirements for about $50. I'm not trying to argue bro. But people do need to know the rules. If they choose not to follow them and take a chance, they run the risk of being turned away. This is a fairly new rule that may not have been enforced before. But what's to say that they won't this time around. Just trying to help out my fellow VQ owners here.
LoL... thought this was done and over with.

Anyway, it continues to be an assumption as this is a 2007 rule that went into effect per NHRA. Yet, this topic concerns CS and how they have not enforced it (not to be mistaken with "will not").... hence, an assumption that it has been enforced, which clearly it has not.

Never argued about being safe than sorry. As a matter of fact, I addressed it and suggested it was a good idea. Also mentioned what you stated above, never know if they will enforce all/most rules begining 2008.

Glad you are trying to help, just the same as I am. Hence I go to these events and introduce myself to other 350z/G35 and FX drivers I see at the track. I can confidently say that I have always offered help and even invited other drivers to stop by our tent and have a soda/water or borrow tools if they forgot theirs. I also encourage people to do the same, and answer newbie questions based on experience. Pointing people to links provided by tracks and commities regulating said events is not a bad idea at all. I only ask that if you know something about a particular track, then share it.

Regardless, hope this is topic is done and people actually sign up/show up. Like I said before, new transmission or not, I'll be there and hopefully get to meet new peeps.
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:46 PM
rookie

^Good guy at the track for sure. Everyone means well.
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:49 PM
Nastyboy

Thanks bro! Hey, I didn't see you in Nov. think you were getting ready for SEMA? Your buds were there though, but unfortunately I forgot their names.
Old 12-26-2007 | 05:51 PM
rookie

sup man, yeah my FX was at Falken's headquarters for Nov. I was dam ready for Dec but that wek sos rain cancellation killed it. Will be out there for Jan with the Gs and some FXs. Hope you get back up and running soon.
Old 12-26-2007 | 06:03 PM
Nastyboy

Yeah, congrats on the Falken rep! Saw pix of your ride at SEMA... defenitly something different and sweet!

If can't make it on Jan with the Z, I'm just gonna take the G and add some juice to it. I'll see what I can accomplish then. LoL
Old 12-26-2007 | 06:24 PM
srexplicit

Yeah, congrats on the Falken rep! Saw pix of your ride at SEMA... defenitly something different and sweet!

If can't make it on Jan with the Z, I'm just gonna take the G and add some juice to it. I'll see what I can accomplish then. LoL
C ya there Tony!
Hey is your friend running the bike??
I think we are taking a couple this time!!!
Old 12-26-2007 | 09:04 PM
Hexxum001

LoL... thought this was done and over with.

Anyway, it continues to be an assumption as this is a 2007 rule that went into effect per NHRA. Yet, this topic concerns CS and how they have not enforced it (not to be mistaken with "will not").... hence, an assumption that it has been enforced, which clearly it has not.

Never argued about being safe than sorry. As a matter of fact, I addressed it and suggested it was a good idea. Also mentioned what you stated above, never know if they will enforce all/most rules begining 2008.

Glad you are trying to help, just the same as I am. Hence I go to these events and introduce myself to other 350z/G35 and FX drivers I see at the track. I can confidently say that I have always offered help and even invited other drivers to stop by our tent and have a soda/water or borrow tools if they forgot theirs. I also encourage people to do the same, and answer newbie questions based on experience. Pointing people to links provided by tracks and commities regulating said events is not a bad idea at all. I only ask that if you know something about a particular track, then share it.

Regardless, hope this is topic is done and people actually sign up/show up. Like I said before, new transmission or not, I'll be there and hopefully get to meet new peeps.
Well said and I see your point. We'll just leave it at that. I'll definitely be there too and definitely looking forward to meeting new people and checking out everyone's rides. It should be fun. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and not spoil our fun.

Quick Reply: California Speedway!! 1/05/08 Roll Call!!