Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tire Pressure and Downtown Nissan Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
skirby015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure and Downtown Nissan Dealer

Hey guys, I took my car in today because the tire pressure sensor light came on...my first question to you is what should the tire be inflated too? I own a 2005 base model.

My second issue is the Downtown LA dealership. Ive always been suspicious that they are trying to scam me when I bring it in for service. When I brought it in today the guy kept pressuring me with regards to some oil issue 350's have been having (which I think is complete BS). Has anyone had issues at this dealership? Also, where do you guys go to service your cars in this area? I hate getting anything done to my car because I dont trust anyone who works on it. Im not
too knowledgeable on the inner workings of the car, but I love my Z and dont want to get screwed by these mechanics...
Old 12-28-2007, 02:14 PM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Id say 35psi is a good average psi to keep the tires at. If you want better gas mileage and dont really push the car in terms of handling you can try 40psi, or f you want better handling and dont care about gas mileage you can try 30psi
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
El Guy

The sensor goes on when below 27 psi, Just inflate and it will go off after a couple of miles, If it goes down again then you have a leak.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you've been a member since dec 04 and you dont know the answers to these questions?? goodness.

35psi is the factory recommendation for oem wheels/tires.

performance nissan in duarte and west covina nissan in west covina consistently get the thumbs up from forum members. and a few thumbs down but.. no one's perfect.

if the tire pressure sensor starts flashin at you.. check your tire pressure when your tires are cold [driven less than a mile, not over ~30mph] for general every day driving, 35psi all around.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Accordaleer

35psi definetly on stock wheels. I got new rears 2 weeks ago and forgot to check the pressure, I knew they wouldnt put in 35. My car has been sort of all of over the road since I got them, I figured because they were rock hard since they summer tires and I prolly needed an alignment. I checked today and they were at 40. I fixed the pressure and the car is back to normal and grips a lot better. I would be on a busy 2 lane highway and the car would just follow the different grooves and the steering wheel would be constantly moving.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Mike@JTuned

Originally Posted by skirby015
My second issue is the Downtown LA dealership. Ive always been suspicious that they are trying to scam me when I bring it in for service. When I brought it in today the guy kept pressuring me with regards to some oil issue 350's have been having (which I think is complete BS).
You own a Z and don't know that these things guzzle oil and grenade the motor? The guy at the dealership is probably telling the truth.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:03 PM
DaveZ06

you can just take your car to a local gas station with a tire pump machine and pump it yourself instead of taking it to a dealer. A local gas station next to a 7/11 in my area has one and its 50 cents to use.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveZ06
you can just take your car to a local gas station with a tire pump machine and pump it yourself instead of taking it to a dealer. A local gas station next to a 7/11 in my area has one and its 50 cents to use.
lol and if you actually get gas there and ask them to turn on the air for you, most of the time they will, for FREE!