Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
rancidnsx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReV74
https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/321940-gototrafficschool-com-coupon-code.html

Use this coupon code to receive an extra $2.00 Off
Code: XMK-7BE-K6F.

It comes out real cheap after that code. ($12.50)
You Know who you are if you have to take Traffic School. haha I did

Thanks Guys

PS. It takes you 6:40 min to complete Online Traffic School, but just Log in and leave the link Open and the time counts down. At the end of the Time you can take the Final Test......If your rusty I suggest you glance over the course.

ReV out!

ticketassassin.com really works guys...i fought my ticket for going 92mph on a 65 and won that case. thanks to ticketassassin.com. they give you a full write up example on what should be done. saved me 300bucks

Orange county doesnt allow online traffic school IIRC. For all you ppls that go to court, what do you do if the cop does show up? Just plead guilty or try to explain your side?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 AM
ReV74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rancidnsx
Orange county doesnt allow online traffic school IIRC. For all you ppls that go to court, what do you do if the cop does show up? Just plead guilty or try to explain your side?
Wow that sucks.........

what do you do if the cop does show up? RUN FOR YOUR LIFE lol.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Black Z Eddie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Novesh
hahahaha, maybe "years and years and years ago" it would have been viable when judges were a bit more liberal than they are today.

...He was going 55 in a 45, around 3:20am on a sunday morning...
It could be because he was doing freeway speeds "55" on city streets. Like I mentioned:
Caveat, the magic number 55 mph. When you hit that, you're on freeway rules now, not street. So forget about using the safe and prudent defense.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Black Z Eddie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rancidnsx
what do you do if the cop does show up? Just plead guilty or try to explain your side?
If you did it, just plead guilty.

Once, in an effort to speed things along, the judge informed us which cops showed up. If our only defense was hoping the cop didn't show, he gave us the option to just go out to the clerks office and pay the fine.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:40 AM
buffmanjeff

405 north around mcarthur? My girlfriend got pulled a few days ago at the same spot but somehow she never gets a ticket and it was a female officer. I say just do trial by declaration. I always do and explain my side of the story. Let the officer tell his on paper.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
mikeygp4

nothing to lose with a trial by written declaration and your chance of winning is greater than facing the officer in court. i was told chp officers get paid overtime if they show up in court but they don't get anything for writing a statement. and chances are, they will be requested to write a statement months after the violation so they probably won't remember the details and won't be able to write a strong case against you.

there are 3 possibilities with a trial by written declaration:
- you lose and the court keeps your money.
- you lose but the judge reduces the bail and you get some of your money back.
- or you win.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeygp4
nothing to lose with a trial by written declaration and your chance of winning is greater than facing the officer in court. i was told chp officers get paid overtime if they show up in court but they don't get anything for writing a statement. and chances are, they will be requested to write a statement months after the violation so they probably won't remember the details and won't be able to write a strong case against you.

there are 3 possibilities with a trial by written declaration:
- you lose and the court keeps your money.
- you lose but the judge reduces the bail and you get some of your money back.
- or you win.
wrong. the beauty of the trial by declaration process in the state of california is that if you're found guilty, you can request a brand new trial [and a brand new judge comes along with that] through the 'trial de novo' process. the only catch with that is that with this new trial you HAVE to show up in court.

OP--i know what i quoted and posted earlier in your thread is very long but it'll do you good to read through it. i've gone through the process myself and wrote it all from first hand experience.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do the crime, you pay the fine. I drive past there twice a day Monday through Friday, and the speed of traffic is at least 75. As I've posted before, never drive in the "fast lane" for extended periods. This is where most speeders are, and where the Police are looking. I'm rarely past the 2nd lane, doing **mph and people are flying past me in the faster 2 lanes. If I get pulled over, it would be BS, but I'd most likely be guilty.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
kutnupe14

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
and the cops usually dont show up...atleast in my state and in my home state...just something ive noticed
Correction...Carmel, the city to Fishers western border, ALWAYS show up, it's policy....