Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

January Service Manager's Special @ West Covina Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:37 PM
TapSumBong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went in for an alignment this past saturday (1/19). I made an appt. with Heri but Ruben was the guy the helped me out.

What they gave me was a front-end alignment, yes two wheels only. When I told Ruben about the post on the forums, he told me that the tech would check the rear alignment, but not adjust it.

At the time, I didn't feel like making a fuss about it since it was only 20 bucks. So anyhow I leave the car with Ruben and head out to study with a buddy. After about an hour I get a voicemail from Ruben saying that my car's ready to be picked up. So I roll over and pick up my car. I get the alignment sheet and it's only for the front wheels. I asked Ruben what happened to the rears. He tells me that the tech forgot to print it out and proceeds to go search for the tech.

5 minutes later he comes back with printout showing the alignment for the rears. At the top of the sheet it's titled "350Z with 18" wheels". I have the OEM 17" wheels.

The front alignment sheet is titled "350z with 17" wheels." Ok I ask Ruben about it, and he said the tech mistakenly added 18" wheels for the rears. Ok I don't mind, just want to get back to studying.

I get back to my buddy's house and I start thinking about the alignment sheets. I remember there was another silver Z with 18" work emotions. The owner, Ralph, is a member on this board also. He was at WCN for the alignment special also.

Anyhow, I suspect that the print out for rear was probably for the other 350Z that was there.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:22 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Yes, Heri was recently given an opportunity as a manager at a Lexus dealership closer to his home so he has taken the new position. We are sad to see him go, but at the same time we are happy for him that he was given a great opportunity and wish him the best of luck in his endeavors.

Working at his desk is a new girl, Michelle, who seems to be pretty good so far. As always if you guys have any issues, please feel free to contact our service manager Ruben. He will be sure to get things resolved for you. Philipe also knows whats going on with our specials so you can contact him as well.

For all service appointments and inquires, please contact our service dept direct at 626-732-1000. Just ask for the service dept when the receptionist answers.

*sigh*
Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
mlam002

Originally Posted by TapSumBong
I went in for an alignment this past saturday (1/19). I made an appt. with Heri but Ruben was the guy the helped me out.

What they gave me was a front-end alignment, yes two wheels only. When I told Ruben about the post on the forums, he told me that the tech would check the rear alignment, but not adjust it.

At the time, I didn't feel like making a fuss about it since it was only 20 bucks. So anyhow I leave the car with Ruben and head out to study with a buddy. After about an hour I get a voicemail from Ruben saying that my car's ready to be picked up. So I roll over and pick up my car. I get the alignment sheet and it's only for the front wheels. I asked Ruben what happened to the rears. He tells me that the tech forgot to print it out and proceeds to go search for the tech.

5 minutes later he comes back with printout showing the alignment for the rears. At the top of the sheet it's titled "350Z with 18" wheels". I have the OEM 17" wheels.

The front alignment sheet is titled "350z with 17" wheels." Ok I ask Ruben about it, and he said the tech mistakenly added 18" wheels for the rears. Ok I don't mind, just want to get back to studying.

I get back to my buddy's house and I start thinking about the alignment sheets. I remember there was another silver Z with 18" work emotions. The owner, Ralph, is a member on this board also. He was at WCN for the alignment special also.

Anyhow, I suspect that the print out for rear was probably for the other 350Z that was there.

I went in for an alignment and oil change special last week..after reading this post, I went back and looked at my paper work and it seems they billed me for a 2 wheel alignment only.

I got the print out for the alignment specs and looked it over and it seems they only did the front wheels.

according to the original post

it says "*4 wheel computerized wheel alignment on our state-of-the art Hunter in-ground alignment rack $19.95"

I assume 4 wheel computerized alignment is ALL 4 wheels.

I am going to call West Covina Nissan tomorrow, but can anyone else who did the alignment special on this board chime in? did they align all 4 of your wheels?

west covina nissan, if your reading this, can you chime in on this issue also?

I've been a West Covina Nissan customer since you guys opened, switching all my regular maintenance services from Performance to your dealership and have always received excellent service but it seems I was not the only one on this board to get half an alignment.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
gsazabi

I got the alignment special done last week and it was ALL FOUR wheels.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

ill let them know first thing tomorrow morning about this.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Pokémon

I dropped my car off at 12PM Monday for an alignment and slave cylinder recall. Promised time was 3PM. You guys seemed swamped, I didn't expect it to be done in time. Not too mention, your computers were down.

So I went around across the street to TGIF's for lunch and shopping. Came back around 4PM to my service adviser Jeff for an update. He ran in the back for an update and said my tranny was out and is going to take another hour.

So I ran back to Target across the street for pet food. Came back at 6PM. Hit up Jeff once again. He came back and said my car was in the back lot and wasn't sure if it was worked on. A friendly tech walked by as I proceeded to ask him if he knew anything about the work done to my car showing him my receipt. He said it was never worked on. Left WCN at 7PM with an Enterprise rental.

In conclusion, I wasted a wholes day worth waiting around 6 and a half hours worth and was told to leave my car there.

Wonderful!

Just hope I don't get my halfed *** 2 wheel alignment now. :/

Last edited by Pokémon; 01-21-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:11 AM
evil_tt
Banned

Originally Posted by Pokémon
I dropped my car off at 12PM Monday for an alignment and slave cylinder recall. Promised time was 3PM. You guys seemed swamped, I didn't expect it to be done in time. Not too mention, your computers were down.

So I went around across the street to TGIF's for lunch and shopping. Came back around 4PM to my service adviser Jeff for an update. He ran in the back for an update and said my tranny was out and is going to take another hour.

So I ran back to Target across the street for pet food. Came back at 6PM. Hit up Jeff once again. He came back and said my car was in the back lot and wasn't sure if it was worked on. A friendly tech walked by as I proceeded to ask him if he knew anything about the work done to my car showing him my receipt. He said it was never worked on. Left WCN at 7PM with an Enterprise rental.

In conclusion, I wasted a wholes day worth waiting around 6 and a half hours worth and was told to leave my car there.

Wonderful!

Just hope I don't get my halfed *** 2 wheel alignment now. :/

Hey man, dont seem to down. I was promised that it would be done yesterday at 2pm and here I am with a crappy rent a car today too.

Arrived yesterday at 9:45, wasn't helped until 10:03(there was one other car in the service bay). Later on, I called around 2:27pm to check the status and got a "we'll call you right back". Than I called at 4:00pm, "well call you right back". I got a phone call back around 4:30pm, they said "your cars about done and they're going to be washing it so come on down." My girlfriend drove me down at 5pm, waited till 7pm and they ended up getting my a rent a car because it hadn't even been worked on yet, and the best part is, I live in Yorba Linda so sitting in stop and go traffic the whole way up on the 91/57/10 freeway was really not worth the gas or time going to WCN.

so trust....I feel you.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:52 AM
ALO8

anyone know if I got an alignment done, should it say on the spec sheets, "350Z with 19 wheels". I have "19" wheels but my print out said "350Z with 18" wheels"????
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
pimpsta

Hmm...should I reconsider bringing my car in this Saturday? My appointment is at 9:30am but I really don't want to leave with a rental. Justin and Quan? Any inputs? I know it's a fabulous deal for a $20 4-wheel alignment offer, but it seems some people are not getting what they were promised.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Any issues you have, please contact service immediately so that they can correct them.

To answer a few questions... this is supposed to be 4 wheel alignment not 2. As for those with rentals it usually only those with other issues (i.e. warranty, etc). A simple alignment only should not take too long, depending on the day (Sat is busiest).

We do appreciate your business and my apologies for delays and/or issues that may have incurred. I will be bringing this up to Ruben and we will get this all resolved.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by Justin@WestCovinaNissan; 01-22-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM
ALO8

Hey Justin do you know if I have "19" wheels is the alignment print out suppose to say "350Z with 18 wheels"?

Any issues you have, please contact service immediately so that they can correct them.

To answer a few questions... this is supposed to be 4 wheel alignment not 2. As for those with rentals it usually only those with other issues (i.e. warranty, etc). A simple alignment only should not take too long, depending on the day (Sat is busiest).

We do appreciate your business and my apologies for delays and/or issues that may have incurred. I will be bringing this up to Ruben and we will get this all resolved.

Thanks again guys!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

Originally Posted by xxxlino
Hey Justin do you know if I have "19" wheels is the alignment print out suppose to say "350Z with 18 wheels"?
Thats just on the print out, doesnt effect what the machine is actually seeing and adjusting to.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 AM
evil_tt
Banned

Thanks again guys!
Should I call Ruben or can you give him a message. I shouldn't have to pay $20 for an alignment when I was promised it was done, wasted my girlfriends gas sitting in traffic let alone our time sitting in the cold waiting for enterprise to pick us up when originally WCN promised that it was going to be done. Now I have to waste more money on rent a car insurance($17.99) and more gas as I have to drive up tonight in traffic, that's if it done. I am very disappointed.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Justin@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

As for those that on it was stated on their sheet that it was only 2 wheel alignment, they will fix that for you free of charge.

Originally Posted by evil_tt
Should I call Ruben or can you give him a message. I shouldn't have to pay $20 for an alignment when I was promised it was done, wasted my girlfriends gas sitting in traffic let alone our time sitting in the cold waiting for enterprise to pick us up when originally WCN promised that it was going to be done. Now I have to waste more money on rent a car insurance($17.99) and more gas as I have to drive up tonight in traffic, that's if it done. I am very disappointed.
I would call him, I have also forwarded this thread to management as well. Just bear in mind the service dept doesnt always check the forums and the fastest, most efficient way to get in contact with them is to call direct.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Justin check your pm
Old 01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Heri check your pm :P
Old 01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
stylett9

heri isn't there anymore.. unless your post was sarcastic.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by stylett9
heri isn't there anymore.. unless your post was sarcastic.
LOL I didn't know that. I was told to PM him for a appointment
Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
1sickveilsidez

Anyone know how much they are charging for the camber kit install? 200 for the kit sounds good.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:11 PM
stylett9

Originally Posted by TBs350z
LOL I didn't know that. I was told to PM him for a appointment

sorry, i wasn't trying to sound mean or anything. I was just being informative. Yeah Heri is no longer there :-( took some lexus service manager position

Quick Reply: January Service Manager's Special @ West Covina Nissan