Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

West Covina Nissan service -1 Performance Nissan service +2

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
geoff567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokémon
All I read was WCN charged me inspecting fees under warranty.
Performance tried to do that to me (under warranty) because they had to "Pay their Technician".
Old 04-18-2008, 03:12 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait - what's Performance Nissan have to do with this thread?

All I read was WCN charged me inspecting fees under warranty.

Why not make the thread WCN service -1, OC Nissan +10, Buena Park Nissan +9 and a half.

pfft, more like buena park nissan -999999999999. They chipped paint on my door within 1 week of me buying my Z. The service manager came out and insisted they didnt do it because there is no way the tech could have chipped my paint....
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Pokémon

I've never done business with Buena Park nor Performance for that matter. I was only trying to make a point.

Don't get me wrong, it's great others are writing reviews and their experience but the whole Perf. vs WC is pretty old. Not to mention all the nuthugging/bandwagon threads.

Last edited by Pokémon; 04-18-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:16 PM
AFKGuy

I'm going-in tomorrow morning for an oil-change. God i hope my B-tail Amuse won't get harm in anyway. So Rueben and Felipe is the go to guy now?
Old 04-18-2008, 03:29 PM
geoff567

Originally Posted by stylett9
They chipped paint on my door within 1 week of me buying my Z. The service manager came out and insisted they didnt do it because there is no way the tech could have chipped my paint....
When I took my car to Performance for the 30K service, I had them take care of
the window grease streak issue. I get my car back and my passenger side window won't stay completely shut at highway speeds, I take it back and they say the problem is due to "warped weather stripping" and it would be a couple hundred to fix. I respond that I didn't have this problem until they tried to fix another (which they didn't) and basically to *** off.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 AM
shinkuu

i didn't realize there were so many WC vs Perf nissan threads. I'm just stating my own experiences and the service person i had at WC was a lady. I've gotten pretty good service here in San Diego at the Mossy dealerships, just not good with their sales people and that's why i bought my car in LA. The service guy at Perf was a new guy and has only been there a month but he did get my problem fixed and a rental car to drive back to San Diego in for 5 days. Thats why the +2.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:52 AM
r_seng

i've always loved the service and attention to detail that West Covina Nissan have had in the PAST, however as of late they have been lacking on how careful they are.

i went in this past tuesday to get my oil changed, the tech that handled my Z i assume was not being so careful as to the placement of the lift arms. on my driver side skirt, the rear lift arm was shoved into my side skirt and left a nice dent.

while im not one that is quick to judge, ever since tim, frank, and heri left. it just seems like the level of service and attention to detail has sunk.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:58 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Other Nissan service places..

I just wanted to throw my two cents in...

Recently, I went to Miller Nissan in Van Nuys,Ca for a tranny fluid exchange, and the rep said you might as well do a 30k major service since the tranny exchange is done also. So I said ok, hey for a bill more, might as well get my oil changed, my brakes check'd, my tires rotated, my radiator flushed, and etc... seemed worth it right?

I went to work and received a phone call from the service rep saying "oh your manual transmission is not covered by the major service. In my head I was thinking " you dirty muthaf*cker , you told me it was covered.." lol but of course I said.. "well you told me it was covered.." he stayed quiet for like a couple of mins and said he'd check with his manager on what he could do.. I was like you can go beat your chicken and give me my tranny service that I wanted..

I got a voicemail after a couple of hours from the service rep saying, "oh I hooked it up and did the tranny service.. so come pick up your car" That *** tried to make it seem like he helped me out.. err

Like how some people consider dealerships as "stealerships," I most definately agree with the term.. sorry it was long.. had to vent LOL
Old 04-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Blazemaster

tim at wcn was the only one that I had dealt with and have no complaints about him at all. just be careful when you guys drop off your car there, the f***up my side skirts when they lifted the car up to get under the car. The first time they did that, they compensated me for it. The second time around, I was just suprised that they did it again, and didn't even say anything to them. If I wasn't going to change the sideskirt to an aftermarket one eventually, I'd been pissed. You'd think if anybody knows where the jack points of our cars are, it'd be the techs that work at a nissan service department. Reuben was cool though, but you kinda have to make a scene just to get to talk to him.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

I took my car to West Covina Nissan and Performance Nissan and they were both good.

(just thought I would add my review)
Old 04-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by Tim@Performance
I took my car to West Covina Nissan and Performance Nissan and they were both good.

(just thought I would add my review)
I hate Tim. I thought he was terrible. I'll definitely be taking my car to Jiffy Lube from now.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

I hate Tim. I thought he was terrible. I'll definitely be taking my car to Jiffy Lube from now.
If you hurry you may be able to get in on the $5 million dollar lawsuit against them. By the way "hate" is such a powerfull word.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by Tim@Performance
If you hurry you may be able to get in on the $5 million dollar lawsuit against them. By the way "hate" is such a powerfull word.
Ha! I'm already there!

<3
Old 04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just came back from WCN. Dealt with Ruben and I was 150% satisfied. Incredibly friendly and very accommodating. Last time I went to perfomance Nissan to install some Stoptech, they didn't have the parts and they left me hanging (I stood in the middle of the department, looking like a fool. I also called in and asked if I had the part in stock and they said yes. Butt, previous experience with Perf. Nissan were great, when i had to install other stuff, and I'd still go to them without a 2nd thought. Sometimes, you may get less than par service, even from a great, reputable shop/dealer. You just gotta give them benefit of the doubt.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 PM
shinkuu

hey tim could u make sure my car is taken cared of? blue 350z 06 enthusiast model. has a decal over the rear windows. thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Tim@WestCovinaNissan
Banned

What advisor took the car in?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:46 PM
shinkuu

Fernando i think. new guy
Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Fooshe

Sounds to me like an issue to take up with the GM, Frank Bauchman. Absolultly, hands down the best guy I have ever delt with at a car dealership. He is ALL about service.

But if it can't be resolved, and you are in the write, I would let the Nissan Corp. headquarters know. After all, the dealership is representing the MFG and, by vertue of their actions, casting a negetive light on them.

I would talk with Ruben (ruben.serna@westcovinanissan.com) and give him a chance to make it right. I had an issue and Ruben and I really did not hit it off at first (He was having a bad morning to begin with). However, cooler heads prevailed and I got a check messangered over for the damage done. Granted, it took a while, but I was patient and it came. If that does not work, go to Frank. If not that, well, I think you know where I am going with this......

Last edited by Fooshe; 04-20-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:33 AM
LaoSiFu

Originally Posted by Fooshe
Thanks Fooshe!!!

~Robert
Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Fooshe

I agree, the posting on Performance was unprevoked. However, they have had some questionable things happen. If the service writer is good, you tend to not have those problems and Tim always has done me right.

What did them in with me is the sales Dept. Really cheezy, 1980's used car lot tactics. The only thing missing were the gold chains.

This is an actual quote: "Hey, if I could make you a great deal, would you take the car today?...You know, that's a rare color but I think we can work something out for you. Sign here to let my Mgr. know you're serious." It was a left over '06 Daytona Blue, Enthusiast model that had lot damage that had to be disclosed. Wow, what a rare find!

That left the worst impression.

Quick Reply: West Covina Nissan service -1 Performance Nissan service +2