Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

The world's gonna end!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
Y, cuz of the previous Tidal Wave?
Gut feeling from everything that I've read and seen.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:06 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually around May 20th to about June 10th, 2012... there's supposed to be a planetary alignment of the sun, mercury, earth and mars... or something like that, and supposedly that makes something happen with all the cosmic bs around us (I watched this on the history channel)...

but honestly, I don't think anything is going to happen...

If you think about it... people said the same kind of stuff around 2000... about the new millenium... Nostradamus... the Mayans.. all that mumbo jumbo... I say be happy, make **** not war... and everyone will be ok

BTW, Andy I love your avatar.. that car is sooooo sick.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I freaked out when I saw in the news a few hours ago about that tornado in Riverside. I've been out here for over two years and this is the first I've ever heard of a tornado here in Socal....yikes.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 PM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
December 25th, 2012. Something is going to happen.
i thought it was the 12th of dec 2012?? thats when the mayan and chineese calendar predict the end. either way thats when im getting my gtr so i wont have to pay the b1tch off....lol.

Last edited by pimpin714style; 05-22-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 PM
jubes

There's been a couple of small tornadoes in so cal before... just not as frequent in the midwest...
Old 05-23-2008, 12:44 AM
wynd d z33

well im waiting ....
Old 05-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Chad68

Default It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

I've been researching all this December 2012 stuff last few days and I have to be totally honest, It does interest and concern me.

Y2K wasn't suppose to be a doomsday deal, just had the chance to screw up the worlds economy for a while and maybe some power outages.

This event however is actually going to take place with regards to the planets aligning on December 21'st.

Religous beliefs Merlins, wizards, prophets and calenders aside, something unpleasant will most likely happen then, if we even make it to 12/21/2012. I don't even care about all that religous stuff but just the factual science behind what is going to take place.

It's going to be interesting to see how many more things happen and go down hill around the world in the next 2 years or so.

I really don't think it will be a Dick Clark rocking new Years in any event.

A lot of people like to just laugh it off. That's what I did when I first saw the program on the history channel a year or two ago. Their program was mostly about the religions and calanders and not so much the science behind that particular date. Some people might click a vid on youtube and say hahaha nut jobs and go back to searching for chicks fighting each other, 12 year old beheading some dude and Z drifting LOL. Which is part of the reason I'm not sure we will even make it till 2012. Society is going downhill really fast. Try searching other places on the net too for the science behind the alignment event.

If you laugh it off and ignore it, it is still going to happen. On the other hand there is no point stressing over it too much either. There ain't nothing we can do about it anyway. It's not like we can send a space shuttle with Bruce Willis and his crew to save us by pushing the planets around so they don't line up on December 21'st.

How big is that hole in the ozone now? Due to pollution, supposidly. That's what TV tells us. Wouldn't be suprised if it also has something to do with the natual change we are going thru which will peak in about 3.5 years. Big *** hole in the ozone, sun flares will peak at the same time, while the sun will be changing it's poles on it's 11 year cycle the same time and the earths wobble hapening at the same time. So many things in the solar system are all happening on or within a day or 2 of that day at the same time.

If it turns out that the end is near and UPS is still in business and making deliveries, I'm totally getting my Endless brakes

Last edited by Chad68; 05-23-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Chad68
I've been researching all this December 2012 stuff last few days and I have to be totally honest, It does interest and concern me.

Y2K wasn't suppose to be a doomsday deal, just had the chance to screw up the worlds economy for a while and maybe some power outages.

This event however is actually going to take place with regards to the planets aligning on December 21'st.

Religous beliefs Merlins, wizards, prophets and calenders aside, something unpleasant will most likely happen then, if we even make it to 12/21/2012. I don't even care about all that religous stuff but just the factual science behind what is going to take place.

It's going to be interesting to see how many more things happen and go down hill around the world in the next 2 years or so.

I really don't think it will be a Dick Clark rocking new Years in any event.

A lot of people like to just laugh it off. That's what I did when I first saw the program on the history channel a year or two ago. Their program was mostly about the religions and calanders and not so much the science behind that particular date. Some people might click a vid on youtube and say hahaha nut jobs and go back to searching for chicks fighting each other, 12 year old beheading some dude and Z drifting LOL. Which is part of the reason I'm not sure we will even make it till 2012. Society is going downhill really fast. Try searching other places on the net too for the science behind the alignment event.

If you laugh it off and ignore it, it is still going to happen. On the other hand there is no point stressing over it too much either. There ain't nothing we can do about it anyway. It's not like we can send a space shuttle with Bruce Willis and his crew to save us by pushing the planets around so they don't line up on December 21'st.

How big is that hole in the ozone now? Due to pollution, supposidly. That's what TV tells us. Wouldn't be suprised if it also has something to do with the natual change we are going thru which will peak in about 3.5 years. Big *** hole in the ozone, sun flares will peak at the same time, while the sun will be changing it's poles on it's 11 year cycle the same time and the earths wobble hapening at the same time. So many things in the solar system are all happening on or within a day or 2 of that day at the same time.

If it turns out that the end is near and UPS is still in business and making deliveries, I'm totally getting my Endless brakes
This country is supposed to go into civil war before 2012. Has anyone ever heard about the Amero?
Old 05-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Nastyboy

Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
1sickveilsidez

I'm pretty sure it's on the 21st from what I recall? I did a huge report on the Mayans back in the day.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:54 AM
jubes

Sorry Andy, I have to differ with you. The Amero, I think, will never happen....

The global economy practically bases itself on the U.S. Dollar...

If the Amero were to be created, that would throw off most economies that base the strength of their currency on the Dollar... plus most industries that base production and output on the dollar would probably affected.

Even OPEC, the union of oil producing countries, blames the weakened dollar for rise in cost of oil (eventhough we all know all they want to do is get more money regardless of our dollar's weakened economic strength...) Imagine if we created the Amero, we'd probably be paying $8-10 per gallon of gas vs. $4.... (sad to say I'd have to get rid of my beloved Z.. :*( if that were to happen)

I don't think Canada would like to give up their control on their own inflation and interest rates in their own country...

Mexico, would probably be the only beneficiary of this because their pesos is like 30 to 1 U.S. Dollar... I like the idea that when i head to tijuana... my $100 U.S. dollars will last me a month versus lasting only a day or two...

If anything, I don't think the United States gov't would want to give up their influence and stronghold on the global economy, regardless of how much it would save in costs...

My $.02

Last edited by jubes; 05-23-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by jubes
Sorry Andy, I have to differ with you. The Amero, I think, will never happen....

The global economy practically bases itself on the U.S. Dollar...

If the Amero were to be created, that would throw off most economies that base the strength of their currency on the Dollar... plus most industries that base production and output on the dollar would probably affected.

Even OPEC, the union of oil producing countries, blames the weakened dollar for rise in cost of oil (eventhough we all know all they want to do is get more money regardless of our dollar's weakened economic strength...) Imagine if we created the Amero, we'd probably be paying $8-10 per gallon of gas vs. $4.... (sad to say I'd have to get rid of my beloved Z.. :*( if that were to happen)

I don't think Canada would like to give up their control on their own inflation and interest rates in their own country...

Mexico, would probably be the only beneficiary of this because their pesos is like 30 to 1 U.S. Dollar... I like the idea that when i head to tijuana... my $100 U.S. dollars will last me a month versus lasting only a day or two...

If anything, I don't think the United States gov't would want to give up their influence and stronghold on the global economy, regardless of how much it would save in costs...

My $.02
Policies and documents have already been signed by Bush a while back to push the Amero and the North American Union to happen. It already happened with the European Union and now they all have one currency. The intent is to use Canada for its resources, the U.S for its farm lands and crops, and Mexico for its labor.

Of course at this point, its all speculation but I can totally see this happening but I don't think we'll see it on our lifetime.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:07 AM
350ZRal
Banned

it was crazy yesterday......
with thunderstorm -0-
holly molly;;;;
the earth go weird
Old 05-23-2008, 11:12 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Circular rainbows on the east coast yesterday.... They talk about them in the bible...

Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 AM
10sec_CRX

yep, the worlds going to end and were ALL going to die!!

Someday!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 PM
OCG35
Banned

I didn’t read the thread (and I don’t care to)... I just thought it was funny that "The World is Gonna End" gets 34 views... and "$2.99 Gas" has only 6 (for the record I didn’t read the cheap gas thread either)

Maybe news channels should stop yappin about gas prices and start talking about the end of the world

* for the flamers with twitchy fingers... I don’t care about the context of the thread... I'm referencing the title/topic - which is why I stated views and not posts
Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Tatelasteil

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Mayan or not, we are all on the Constellation (Mayan) calendar and thats when our time ends. Historically speaking, something has always happened to our planet at the end of every era.

Sorry g, the myans dissapeared hundereds of years ago, if they couldnt see that **** comming I dont know how they could see the end of the world comming.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:33 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phreaktor
Poor babies got wained on...
Ha! that was meant for the caturday thread i'm sure.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
OCG35
Banned

WTF is up with this thread... I posted originally because I thought the title was weird... then I read 5 posts and determined it IS phucking weird!!!!

Phantasmagorical Supernatural Phenomenon will sometimes pass itself through a chirp of a bird before your skull is removed from your soul... but lets get real...

Life is about how fun it will be to transport ourselves from where we are to where we want to be... until nano-tech refines molecular transition for real-life tele-transport we are stuck with our G's and Z's – lets just put the “Owners Manual of Life” in the glove box and be real about the relationship humans have with each other.

Without **** like VQ engines we would all think each other suck!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:05 PM
G2FAST

The weather is always off........there always guessing it might rain....then if it doesnt they say well it was a slim chance.........

If we cant say what the weather looks like then I'm sure people are off about other things......

Quick Reply: The world's gonna end!