Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Cal Trans Cone Just Owned Me!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ouch...another reason why i try to avoid fiberglass when possible.

They better man up and fix the damages. Im surprised the CHP didnt say anything about your snails..
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Profink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
yea i did, they r trying to tell me that my insurance company should take care of it. My side of it tho is like why should i pay 500-1000 deductable, and have my insurance company now show that iv'e had an accident on my record, becuase your dumb *** company cant keep track of there cones on the road!
Good luck getting the state to pay for it. They don't even have a budget to work with anymore. When you file a claim with your insurance you MUST tell them that the cone was upturned by another car and was in motion and unavoidable when you hit it. That will make it a comprehensive claim and will not be used against you with hire premiums. You'll still have to pay your deductible, but thats it. If you tell them it was standing still and you hit it, it will get filed as a collision and can cause your premiums to go up. Even if the cone was in the middle of a lane and it was late at night and there was no way to avoid it, you must tell them it was set in motion by another car and unavoidable.

This same thing happened to me when I had my A4. I never even stopped to see the damage. I went home and went to sleep. Woke up the next day and forgot what happened. I freaked out when I saw the damage to my car.

Good luck.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Hydro_Z

Sorry to hear that and I feel for your ride. I hit a cone in my old 240sx. I had a bumper made of FG and it broke into three Good luck man.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:01 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by Profink
Good luck getting the state to pay for it. They don't even have a budget to work with anymore. When you file a claim with your insurance you MUST tell them that the cone was upturned by another car and was in motion and unavoidable when you hit it. That will make it a comprehensive claim and will not be used against you with hire premiums. You'll still have to pay your deductible, but thats it. If you tell them it was standing still and you hit it, it will get filed as a collision and can cause your premiums to go up. Even if the cone was in the middle of a lane and it was late at night and there was no way to avoid it, you must tell them it was set in motion by another car and unavoidable.

This same thing happened to me when I had my A4. I never even stopped to see the damage. I went home and went to sleep. Woke up the next day and forgot what happened. I freaked out when I saw the damage to my car.

Good luck.
+1. if you go through insurance, make sure you tell them the object was in motion.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:12 PM
itsjiggajames

just fukin hit a tree that fell over and I couldn't avoid it.. this was on a city road though, do you guys think the city will pay for damages? some bullsh1t man.. cracked my shine v2...
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOLY SHIAT!!! I was not expecting the damage to be anywhere near that bad!!! Really sorry to hear that, hope everything gets settled with the Cal Trans
Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 PM
infinite

I ****ed up a rim on a large pothole once... it cracked the rim and bleed the air out it was that bad. Can you get a city to fix that? anyone experience that?
Old 09-01-2008, 06:30 AM
johnnyblaze

Originally Posted by infinite
I ****ed up a rim on a large pothole once... it cracked the rim and bleed the air out it was that bad. Can you get a city to fix that? anyone experience that?
Matters what city it happened in, my friend hit some potholes on a street that was being worked on it took the city nearly 8 months to decide to fix his driver side rims which were both pretty damaged. Good luck with reporting that, its very hard to do.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

dam that sucks man, time for a body kit
Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 AM
vnarang

I didn't see 'cone' so I in the titled. So I thought you got owned by a "California Transexual".
Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vnarang
I didn't see 'cone' so I in the titled. So I thought you got owned by a "California Transexual".

LOL'D
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by vnarang