Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

My West Covina Nissan Experience: Not so good

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down My West Covina Nissan Experience: Not so good

I took my Z to West Covina Nissan for an oil change. Met Reuben, the service manager and gave me a discount since Im a forum member here. My service was then handled by Rod. He seemed like a cool guy.

I told them I just wanted an oil change, yadda yadda yadda, and the only special instructions I gave them, which I give to every dealership whenever I take my Z in, was to NOT WASH MY Z. Thats all. Simple huh?

Everything was fine until the end when he told me my car was ready. He told me that they simply dusted my car...which I wasnt too happy about but I let it slide. He told me that this was something they did because their newer cars they've been selling have had some mysterious "paint chipping" and it was a routine check required by dealerships. I didnt think much of it.

Got in my car, rolled the windows down and drove off. Being socal and all, it was a little warm out so I decided to roll my windows up and turn on the AC. And what do you know? I see water on my windows. Thats strange...Rod had told me that they did not wash my car like I told them not to.

Well turns out that was a load of bullcrap. It was pretty clear my car was washed. Now some of you might not think its a big deal, but I know that a dealership's carwashing ability SUCKS. I didnt even want to think of the added swirls in my paint.

Im not angry because they forgot that I told them not to wash the car, Im unhappy because i was LIED to. If you tell me the truth and admit to your mistake, I'll usually be forgiving and let it slide. Instead, I was fed some crap in an attempt to cover up a mistake they made.

After this experience its tough for me to say I'll go back to them.

Cliffs:

I take Z for an oil change
I request that my Z is not washed
Dealership washes my car and tries to cover it up with a lie instead of being honest
I realize that my Z was washed regardless
Dealership customer service fail
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you might want to take a very very close look at your Volks if you have a set that have polished lips. anything but very soft microfiber towels will scratch them.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
aloh

Originally Posted by Nexx
you might want to take a very very close look at your Volks if you have a set that have polished lips. anything but very soft microfiber towels will scratch them.
Yeah that was the first thing i did when I got home. They looked ok to me, so that was a relief. But if I notice any kind of damage to the finish, Im going to be really pissed.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moral of the story, change your oil yourself.... It takes like 30 minutes tops......
Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
r0csfinest

when i use to go to dealership i would keep a piece of paper with big letters written "DO NOT WASH MY CAR" and put it near the shift ****. no way they can say they didnt know then
Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Dynasty.Zero

How about that. . . .
Old 10-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

I understand where you're coming from. When I use to go to WCN, I'd tell them that... every time. The people who know me and see my car often, know that my car goes unwashed for months. And every time I took it into WCN, after requesting no wash... it comes out looking clean [not really].

Glad to hear there was no harm done minus the added swirls
Old 10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
michaeljr6

lol 1st country woes
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
lol 1st country woes

haha nice sig !!!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM
aloh

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
lol 1st country woes
Hah I have to laugh at that.

Im not all that mad about them washing my car. Its just the fact that they chose to lie to me.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:07 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the same way. I would rather someone just say "Look, we made a mistake and did wash the car".

I know what you mean about dealer washes. I had swirls on my brand new 08 from the dealer washing it first, after I told them not to.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:15 AM
ZPatrick

Originally Posted by silverstripes
Im the same way. I would rather someone just say "Look, we made a mistake and did wash the car".

I know what you mean about dealer washes. I had swirls on my brand new 08 from the dealer washing it first, after I told them not to.
+1
Old 10-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Cannysage

what's wrong with them washing the car? I never got swirl marks from dealers washing them...
Old 10-11-2008, 07:07 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Cannysage
what's wrong with them washing the car? I never got swirl marks from dealers washing them...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
TheOtherRob

You must be the only person on earth. Or you have a light color and dont notice. My car is black, I can tell when someone touches my car unfortunately.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Cannysage

you guys must not buy new cars much.. they wash the car before giving it you and I distinctly remember the surface being perfect in the bright sunlight. I have silver and it's not nearly as notice as black. Also on my blue suv, flaws on the surface is very visible. I've only used damp micro fiber towels and there still slight swirl marks. Also, the hood is most susceptible to swirls as the sun beats on it the most. Gotta be careful with the hood. you prolly have to buff out the marks. I thought they would be permanent, but last extreme claybar and wax session got em off.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

you guys must not buy new cars much.. they wash the car before giving it you and I distinctly remember the surface being perfect in the bright sunlight. I have silver and it's not nearly as notice as black. Also on my blue suv, flaws on the surface is very visible. I've only used damp micro fiber towels and there still slight swirl marks. Also, the hood is most susceptible to swirls as the sun beats on it the most. Gotta be careful with the hood. you prolly have to buff out the marks. I thought they would be permanent, but last extreme claybar and wax session got em off.
Silverstone is not a dark color, try a black or red and take into the teens at the dealer, then get back with me!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

i used to work there and i still didnt even let them touch my car. haha
Old 10-12-2008, 12:39 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealerships swirl up cars. Trust me on this one.

yes, even new cars get washed during their PDI servicing. That's why people request to order a brand new vehicle without any type of cleaning service.

on silver or dark silver, you can not tell swirls . That's a good thing about that color. But i will guarantee that you get swirls from your dealerships.

btw, claybar and wax does nothing for swirls and removal.

OP, sucks they did that to you. I also always ask for the same request. No one is going to touch my car.

Quick Reply: My West Covina Nissan Experience: Not so good