Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tustin Nissan Experience anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 AM
chrisnathan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tustin Nissan Experience anyone??

I gave up and turned in my Z to Tustin Nissan for them to check what's going on. It was limp mode and check engine light issue. They took care of it, charged me $127 to decarbonize and fix the idle cuz it was too high. Brought the car home, drove it for 2 days and this morning the whole thing came back.

I called them and they asked me to drop the car to them to run another diagnose. Well, at this point there's nothing crazy happened yet. But I don't feel safe at all, you know how bad stories we heard from dealerships.

So, anyone has ever dealt with Tustin Nissan service dept? Just need your input for now and I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had them replace my rear strut bar cover under warranty which took 3 trips but thats it.

good luck.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had my Z in at Tustin Nissan for service before:

Fuel filler TSB
Front end alignment TSB

I usually speak with Dan in the service dept.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 PM
chrisnathan

^^ Thanks for the response guys, here is the update so far:
The guy I've been dealing with is actually pretty cool, his name is Carl. He said Nissan has to replace the computer and the whole throttle body. He knows I have some aftermarket parts such as the plenum spacer and exhaust, but it doesn't bother him. So they will replace everything for no charge tomorrow since they have to order the computer from Nissan HQ. They give me rental car too, that's even better. So I'm going to drop off my key tomorrow morning and have them reprogram the whole car. And I asked my $127 back since it wasn't the real problem, he approved my request. So far so good, wish me luck...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
sosojeffcc

good stuff! I've been goin to tustin nissan for my oil changes, but so far have only dealt with Manny and the guy in the very front "office".
Old 10-17-2008, 04:37 AM
highside107

Originally Posted by sosojeffcc
good stuff! I've been goin to tustin nissan for my oil changes, but so far have only dealt with Manny and the guy in the very front "office".
Yeah, me too. Only for oil changes so far and have dealt with Manny as well. They seem pretty cool, but I have limited experience.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
t1m1t

about to call them up for a headunit replacement (under warranty). hopefully its smooth running until they finish for you bro
Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
chrisnathan

Update:
Carl from Tustin Nissan called and said my car is ready for pick up. I returned the rental car and they dropped me off at Tustin Nissan which is like half mile away from Enterprise. Then checked out everything include the credit back to my CC. Checked the engine bay and noticed that the TB was replaced (yoooo hoooo....). Car is running great, new computer, good idling, so far so good. Props to Carl and his crews at Tustin Nissan. I promised him that I would mention good stuff like this in this forum.

Very recommended and one cool guy which hard to find these days, anyone wants to go to Tustin Nissan, find Carl at service dept and tell him you heard about him from Christian with the silver Z that had TB problem. Thank you guys.

Last edited by chrisnathan; 10-18-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
sosojeffcc

I know Manny mans the middle office. But which one is Carl?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Dynasty.Zero

Glad your issues are resolved bro.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:40 AM
t1m1t

glad to hear the good news
Old 10-20-2008, 06:19 AM
evil_tt
Banned

That place is so retarded. I took my car their for a engine diagnostic and first thing the service guys ask's me is "I see your car is lowered, are you here to put your stock suspension on?". So I said no, after that, I wait 1 hour to find out that the service guy will not work, refused, to work on my car or diagnose my engine even though Im willing to pay the $100 because the guys said that he thought I am hearing noises due putting too low of octane fuel in my car....I told him that I only put chevron 91 in but he would not listed and kept repeating him self telling my that when he puts to low of octane(87) in his car that it will make noises. I complained to the GM which did absolutely nothing to me...but did say sorry. I would never go back to that poop hole.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
prodrive-LGT

Originally Posted by evil_tt
That place is so retarded. I took my car their for a engine diagnostic and first thing the service guys ask's me is "I see your car is lowered, are you here to put your stock suspension on?". So I said no, after that, I wait 1 hour to find out that the service guy will not work, refused, to work on my car or diagnose my engine even though Im willing to pay the $100 because the guys said that he thought I am hearing noises due putting too low of octane fuel in my car....I told him that I only put chevron 91 in but he would not listed and kept repeating him self telling my that when he puts to low of octane(87) in his car that it will make noises. I complained to the GM which did absolutely nothing to me...but did say sorry. I would never go back to that poop hole.
Believe me, the GM won't do much for any complaints in service, you'll want to talk to the head of service if you have any issues. We've had people come into our dealership for various problems with their Z, but the thing is, if your car is way low, it's hard for the techs to work on the vehicle because a lot of dealerships don't have the necessary equipment to work on the vehicle.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
VolkZ

good that you didn't have to pay anything, dealership/mechanics/salesman still get paid =)...everyone is happy!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 AM
gennosuke1

this place sucks, dont want to go into detail
i never go there again

Last edited by gennosuke1; 11-29-2008 at 12:15 AM.