Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Mag Masters Wheel Repair In Santa Ana

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:19 PM
blackz123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Mag Masters Wheel Repair In Santa Ana

Well after reading the negative review some guy had on the e46 forum on this shop i questioned the shop.. but then again they have been in bussiness for 26 years so i said why not try them out.

The process went like this.. Called up mag masters for a quote to have all wheel lips on my volks refinished after some major curbage on one wheel and misc scratches on the lips. Now volks do have the anodized lip and the clear does get striped in the process of being refinshed.. but i couldnt be happier with the results of mag masters they did just what i wanted fixed the rash on my front passanger gtf and polished up all 4 lips real good. probly the best polish job ive seen around and my wheels look great now. all i need to do is polish them once a month and use some wheel wax for protection and i should be good. anyways so after reading this everyone is probly wondering how much it came out to. price was on $200 dollars to polish all for lips and $80 to fix the rash. total price out the door was $280 cash.

Everyone has there choices on shops they guy on the e46 forum really bashed tom kid the owner but honestly the customer service was great and the wheels came out great. the turn out time on polishing is same day with an apointment.

the nice part is they do powdercoating of wheels at a great price with a turn out of 7 to 10 days so if your looking for a new color or look for your wheel they can do that for you also. all with reasonable prices.

when it comes down to it im glad i went to the shop and didnt listen to the bad reviews and went with my gut feeling i give magmasters in santa ana a

tell them ali with the silver 350z and red gtfs sent you they should take care of you and best of all the prices are great.

Last edited by blackz123; 11-21-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

was it just the outer portion of the lip or did they actually take the wheel apart and polish the full lip?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 PM
samjcg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

red gtfs? i need to see pics on them asap on your car. sounds interesting.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:12 AM
350zsta

^+1!!
Old 11-22-2008, 12:34 AM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Pics?

My LE37's need their lips redone..
Old 11-22-2008, 01:20 AM
blackz123

illl take some pics when i get a chance but yes red gtfs look of andys old wheels that were on his black z i ended up buying them from the owner that baught the wheels from andy umm for the outer lip portion if ur asking if i had the inside part of the wheel done i dont think so but the whole part thats suposed to b polished on the lip i got done so yea
Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Allen331

Good to hear! Did they take apart your rim though? I think the question asked above was whether or not they took apart your wheel because some Volk wheels are 2 piece rims...as is your GTF IIRC.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:35 AM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also wondering if they took apart your wheels for you. Also did you take the wheels with tires on or did you have to take the wheels only with the tires already off. I am looking for someone to powdercoat my wheels. but I want it all done in the same location including mounting and dismounting tires. So far no luck.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:14 PM
blackz123

well im looking at my wheels and i didnt ask if they took it apart but i belive they did cause the little spots between the spokes were also polished through ill have picks up a lil i left the wheels on the tires they do mounting and balancing also basically droped my car off there and picked it up on the afternoon with the wheels back on ill get a picture up shortly
Old 11-22-2008, 05:11 PM
blackz123

it apears they did take the wheel apart as i can tell because the iner parts between the spokes were polished out also the flash makes them look lighter but they look great and in the first pic if u look at the lip it had some staining like water stains that was a before picture also the gtf stickers were striped in the process so i will be ordering my new stickers from mackin industries for replacement
the pictures came out crappy but trust me they look amazingly brand new in person