Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Sylmar Fires and whats left of my house

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:43 PM
lushuZpnai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live on the other side of the freeway from where you live.... it were two nights of hell for sure.... so weird though... i've never seen you around town... even though i dont go around this town much. if you need anything, i'm literally around the bend.

Last edited by lushuZpnai; 11-27-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:16 AM
flynbrin

oh ****

hope your family is safe
Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
FastZ33

ahhh dude im so sry
Old 11-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Fooshe

Default More help

Originally Posted by Stolengoods
Thanks everyone for all the kind words and good wishes, everyone made it out safe and sound. I’m on the couch at my sister n laws, not the most comfortable spot but I’m grateful. Our place was insured, but were not sure how much of a settlement we are entitled to. See with the market crashing the way it did, all homes have depreciated throughout the country. The mortgage was paid off so we get 100% of whatever they offer; we just hope its fair value...
My heart goes out to you and yours during this time. It has to be tough on the marriage, too. I am in the insurance arena as an agent now, but worked claims for 10 years for a major insurer in CA. If you want help with any of this, advise on how to handle the claim, a review of your coverages and what to expect or a few good sources for anything related, PM me and I'll take care of you...no charge, no strings attached.

These are times where people need the help and advice of the professionals they trust with their worldly possessions. It shames me to know that sometimes, people in the insurance world (as an industry, that is) don't remember that or live up to the expectations. The days of the service minded are almost lost and finding someone who just gets it and does their job well is rare. That being said, I try to be the exception to that image.

Please let me know if I can help. If I have the answer, it's yours. If I don't know the answer, I'll get it for you. If the answer is not what you wanted to hear, I will at least be honest with you and help you try to find an alternative or loop hole. You don't have to go at it alone in this....the Calvary is here.

For those of you reading this, please know that you can take steps to make ANY claims process easier. If you have property, take pictures of it all & make an inventory with makes, models, serial #'s with dates & cost of purchases. Send a copy to your insurance rep and keep a copy away from your home. You'll be glad you did.

If ANYONE has an insurance question, or just wants help with an insurance situation or claim, feel free to contact me and I will do the best I can for you. That goes for cars, property, etc. If nothing else, I will educate you a bit with information most people either don't know or that the insurance industry does not share with you. Of course, if you want a policy reveiw, even if it is just to check your rates, let me know and I will review and quote it for you with a host of companies to find if the rate you have is the best it can be.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:54 AM
RRMikey

Very sorry to hear, best wishes to your and your family during this holiday season. It was very hard to even watch the aftermath on television. It's even worse hearing that something like this happened to someone in this community.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry for your loss and I hope the recovery is painless.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
samjcg

Originally Posted by Fooshe
My heart goes out to you and yours during this time. It has to be tough on the marriage, too. I am in the insurance arena as an agent now, but worked claims for 10 years for a major insurer in CA. If you want help with any of this, advise on how to handle the claim, a review of your coverages and what to expect or a few good sources for anything related, PM me and I'll take care of you...no charge, no strings attached.

These are times where people need the help and advice of the professionals they trust with their worldly possessions. It shames me to know that sometimes, people in the insurance world (as an industry, that is) don't remember that or live up to the expectations. The days of the service minded are almost lost and finding someone who just gets it and does their job well is rare. That being said, I try to be the exception to that image.

Please let me know if I can help. If I have the answer, it's yours. If I don't know the answer, I'll get it for you. If the answer is not what you wanted to hear, I will at least be honest with you and help you try to find an alternative or loop hole. You don't have to go at it alone in this....the Calvary is here.

For those of you reading this, please know that you can take steps to make ANY claims process easier. If you have property, take pictures of it all & make an inventory with makes, models, serial #'s with dates & cost of purchases. Send a copy to your insurance rep and keep a copy away from your home. You'll be glad you did.

If ANYONE has an insurance question, or just wants help with an insurance situation or claim, feel free to contact me and I will do the best I can for you. That goes for cars, property, etc. If nothing else, I will educate you a bit with information most people either don't know or that the insurance industry does not share with you. Of course, if you want a policy reveiw, even if it is just to check your rates, let me know and I will review and quote it for you with a host of companies to find if the rate you have is the best it can be.
now this is a REAL help. good to see this family bonding in 350z community.
thanks Fooshe
Old 11-27-2008, 02:25 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo corey, if u need anything bro just hit me up... i'm like down the freeway.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:41 AM
Fooshe

Originally Posted by samjcg
now this is a REAL help. good to see this family bonding in 350z community.
thanks Fooshe

No worries...I just want to help guys like this or any of the Z folks. My first car was a 1972 240Z and I have always owned one since. The Z crowd is a unique one and I'll never leave it. Hell, even my 70 year old mom still has her 1981 ZX turbo. She is the original owner and it has only 116K miles.

Anyway, the offer stands to anyone who needs it.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 AM
J-ROZ33

Sorry for your loss man. As long as you and your family got out okay, thats all that matters.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Stolengoods

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fooshe

Wow, I can't say thank you enough....to all of you, the support I'm getting is overwhelming. I might take you up on that offer Fooshe, right now we’re playing the waiting game. The insurance company will throw out a settlement number and we will either take it or fight for more. We just want/need what’s fair. It won’t be easy but I’ll be back in action soon. Thanks again to everyone for all the support, and if you happen to see me on the street (Red Widebody) please don’t hesitate to say wutz up.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:53 PM
lushuZpnai

For as long as i've lived in our neighborhood... I've never seen your car at all... So, not exactly sure if i'd be able to say what's up. One of these days... eventually. Take care
Old 11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

wow brotha. sorry, man, really dont even know what to say
Old 11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Fooshe

Stolen...no thanks is necessary, but very much appreciated. If you need the help, just give a yell. I'll do the best I can.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:51 PM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn... sorry to hear! soon you'll have a new house
Old 11-30-2008, 11:49 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

wow.. so sorry to hear. good luck with insurance and let us know if we can help you out in any way at all..
Old 12-01-2008, 12:06 AM
iamdigital

Sorry for your loss but be thankful you were not inside. Few houses went up in my neighborhood this summer and 2 people lost their lives. I took pics and it looks identical. Make sure you let insurance know how many valuables were in the house