Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.
View Poll Results: WHATS YOUR PICK! (jedi's choose wisely)
xBox 360
34.43%
ps3
55.74%
Wii
1.64%
dont play games cause im too cool for that stuff
8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

xBox 360 - PS3 - Wii (what and why)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
iArak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynasty.Zero
OMG, another Fifa player!!!

I challange you one of these days!!!

My old roomate and best friend used to be the number 2 Fifa player in the world (he hasn't played online past 07 I believe though). I can't beat him but I think I'm pretty good.
haha yup pretty down dude...let me know when u get that TV installed lol....on 06 i think i can take anyone....i figured every single glitch with that game....09 im still getting used to im good-very good. lol
Old 12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iArak
Dude u have to go PS3...

Heres Why:

Blue-ray player (Future is all blue-ray, HD is dead)
COD is fun on both consoles but with PS3 u dont have that much of a fan base
Xbox COD players are more competitive
No red rings to worry about
bigger harddrive for a much better system
PS3 is more of an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM than xbox which is just merely a gaming system
Ive gone through both and still own both, but love the PS3
the graphics of the PS3 are godly compared to Xbox
Much more functionality like connecting ur PSP to the PS3
and a bunch more

Its true that Xbox has more games but PS3 is on the rise while Xbox is on a decline.
Think of it this way PS3 can only get better while Xbox is limited as to what it can do....
with a 360 its always having to pay extra for extra mods (i.e HD player, XBOX live)
Ps3 has free internetz

If u need more info or have questions just PM me lol...i can go on for days
Wow where do you get your info? The XBOX IS NOT ON A DECLINE where in the world did you dig this up. The 360 is what the PS3 should have been as a console. Yes the blu ray kicks butt and the sound output is downright incredible. The playstation 3 graphics are NOT godly to the 360 once again false info. The 360 has games that are better than the ps3 and the ps3 has some games that look incredible also. I just got a 160gb ps3 for an early christmas gift. The PS3 online world sucks major ***** compared to the 360's live. The menu's on the 360 live are so easy to navigate compared to the measly crap the PS3 has. Even though I now own the PS3 I still can't think of a must have KILLER APP unlike the 360. As a matter of fact just about any game the PS3 has the 360 has also. Sony does not have many exclusive titles that made me want to get a PS3. Even some of the PS3 exclusive titles have moved on to 360. Don't get me wrong as an ENTERTAINMENT item the PS3 will do but as a game console sony has alot of work to do. As far as the charge for live $49 dollars is not anything per year and with the quality of live I don't mind paying for that at all. As a matter of fact if the PS3 had better a online world I'd pay for that also. The other thing about the consoles is most if not all my friends and people I meet are on live as opposed to PSN which is easy to figure out why. So as a Blu Ray entertainment unit the PS3 wins hands down but as a GAME CONSOLE sony really fails.

Last edited by Ed 718; 12-03-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:09 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xtremefairladyz
xbox 360

This is why:
1. It is fully integrated with windows, hense it is an Entertainment System. I agree that PS3 is also an entertainment system BUT it does not fully "integrate" with windows (Windows Media Center). I've watched movies on my xbox360 streaming from my laptop across the room. It is absolutely flawless and the resolution is great. It integrates your TV with your computer and you can watch videos, listen to your whole music collection, and browse through your pictures from you TV using your xbox360 as a Hub. This is what made me get the xbox360 over the PS3
I hope you know that the PS3 can do the same. It can steam whatever media you have on your PC through windows media player or any other software that is capable of sharing media. Photos, videos, you name it. The best part is, it can do it all WIRELESSLY without buying any extra wifi adapter.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aloh
I hope you know that the PS3 can do the same. It can steam whatever media you have on your PC through windows media player or any other software that is capable of sharing media. Photos, videos, you name it. The best part is, it can do it all WIRELESSLY without buying any extra wifi adapter.
BUT....it still sucks online no matter how "wireless" friendly it is tho right?

im a online kinna guy... player vs player is my thing
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM
M6SXTZ
Banned

anyone know how to tell if the new xBoxes have the Jasper Chip?!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are interested in hunting for a new "Jasper" model, comments on Xbox-Scene points to a Lot number of 843X with a manufacturing date of 10-23-2008. The easiest way to identify the new motherboard is by the wattage identification on the power supply unit which should clearly state the new 150W specification.
This may help.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by aloh
I can't really comment on the PS3 but the Windows Media Center aspect of it is pretty nice. I tried it out for the first time since I have Vista Home Premium now.

I'd prefer not streaming movies over wireless though... Wireless is nice given certain circumstances but as far as gaming and streaming, I wouldn't use it.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 AM
stein

ps3 for reasons already stated but the biggy for me was the Blue-ray player. Other than that I play like 3-5 games a year, mostly driving games or ones touting something new and cool; Assasin Creed for example was cool as hell!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blasian
I can't really comment on the PS3 but the Windows Media Center aspect of it is pretty nice. I tried it out for the first time since I have Vista Home Premium now.

I'd prefer not streaming movies over wireless though... Wireless is nice given certain circumstances but as far as gaming and streaming, I wouldn't use it.
Works just fine for me.

Its just alot more convenient than being restricted to using only an acutal wired connection. My ps3's current location is way too far away to have a wired connection, so wifi is great to have.

I still think it boils down to what you really want. If you want mainly gaming, then the 360 is great. If you want gaming as well as other media entertainment, then the ps3 is much more flexible.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:59 AM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by blasian
This may help.
thx Blas...

so i guess, it would be safe to assume that as long as the manufacture date is AFTER 10-23-2008 chances are that it will have a jasper in it?

but since you cant really tell the manufacture date or power supply till u get the damn thing outta the box you have to go by lot number as long as its x843x or higher it shud be good to ****** go! (assuming)
Old 12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Mr MoUnTaInMaN

Xbox 360 for the game play and xbox live need I say more xbox live rocks and there is no equal. But if your looking for a bluray player then get a PS3 other than that 360 has the most games to ofter.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:08 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

lolz... i think if i wanted to watch a nice looking movie i would have just entered the market looking for a sick DVD/blu ray player... now that i think about it... i kinna want a GAMING CONSOLE
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by M6SXTZ
anyone know how to tell if the new xBoxes have the Jasper Chip?!
Ummm someone's not reading
Old 12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
bigcheda

I've got an Xbox360 and PS3. In the beginning my Xbox got all of the playing time but more recently my PS3 has been getting more of it (minus fable2 of course).

They are both good consoles, I would recommend the PS3 in its current state unless you really need one of the Xbox exclusives.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 PM
gsazabi

Oh BTW Kojima Production just released teaser for the next Metal Gear title. Looks like it's coming to 360.

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/
Old 12-04-2008, 11:47 PM
iArak

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Wow where do you get your info? The XBOX IS NOT ON A DECLINE where in the world did you dig this up. The 360 is what the PS3 should have been as a console. Yes the blu ray kicks butt and the sound output is downright incredible. The playstation 3 graphics are NOT godly to the 360 once again false info. The 360 has games that are better than the ps3 and the ps3 has some games that look incredible also. I just got a 160gb ps3 for an early christmas gift. The PS3 online world sucks major ***** compared to the 360's live. The menu's on the 360 live are so easy to navigate compared to the measly crap the PS3 has. Even though I now own the PS3 I still can't think of a must have KILLER APP unlike the 360. As a matter of fact just about any game the PS3 has the 360 has also. Sony does not have many exclusive titles that made me want to get a PS3. Even some of the PS3 exclusive titles have moved on to 360. Don't get me wrong as an ENTERTAINMENT item the PS3 will do but as a game console sony has alot of work to do. As far as the charge for live $49 dollars is not anything per year and with the quality of live I don't mind paying for that at all. As a matter of fact if the PS3 had better a online world I'd pay for that also. The other thing about the consoles is most if not all my friends and people I meet are on live as opposed to PSN which is easy to figure out why. So as a Blu Ray entertainment unit the PS3 wins hands down but as a GAME CONSOLE sony really fails.
If u had read my comments carefuly ud see that i said PS3 is more of entertainment device
and i did admit live is better than PS3 online
and the graphics when u put both on a 1080p TV ull see what i mean

no hard feelings u made ur point and i made mine
Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Kushtech

any chance you still have that guys link on craigs list or somthing that says he can fix the xbox red light bs

EDIT NVM Found like 10 people on there

Last edited by Kushtech; 12-05-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Coehsp350Z

I had a 360 and sold it, cuz i bought a Ps3 cuz of blue ray and MGS4. I miss playing COD4 on the 360 it was more fun on that console than the PS3. But i got used to my PS3 now that i wouldnt trade it. Blue ray is the ****, and not to mention the wireless adapter built into it and how quiet the console is. Barely hear it.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 AM
JSDZ33

its crazy to think that the poll here is the complete opposite of what is selling in the market. right now XBOX 360's are outselling PS3's 3 to 1, and WII's have outsold both of them like 5 to 1 since they have come out...
Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
JSDZ33

Originally Posted by iArak
If u had read my comments carefuly ud see that i said PS3 is more of entertainment device
and i did admit live is better than PS3 online
and the graphics when u put both on a 1080p TV ull see what i mean

no hard feelings u made ur point and i made mine
both PS3 and the 360 UPSCALE to 1080P. neither are running true 1080P resolution.

Quick Reply: xBox 360 - PS3 - Wii (what and why)