Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

D1 Drift competition in Irwindale on Sunday the 31st

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 09:58 PM
AREITU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1 Drift competition in Irwindale on Sunday the 31st

I hope to meet or least see some of you guys there! How many of you guys are planning to go? How many even read the reigonal forom? If you haven't bought tickets online, then print out flier this and get three bucks off.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:43 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

i will Z ya there! Look for the car.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:28 PM
AREITU

Your car will be...easily recognized.

When my friends saw your avatar, they were extremely impressed. I'll Z you there! Are you going to be in the car show or are you going just for the drift event?
Old 08-29-2003, 12:01 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

HIN on Sat D1 on Sun... we'll be attending the carshow
Old 08-29-2003, 01:13 AM
trust

Ditto. Ill be showing at HIN Saturday with BBBT and then Sunday at D1 in the Rotora booth.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:37 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget to say "HI" to me in the Vendor area and get a free.... something.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:22 AM
93mr2tbar

Originally posted by trust
Ditto. Ill be showing at HIN Saturday with BBBT and then Sunday at D1 in the Rotora booth.
Hey Trust, how's it going? I just wanted to add that a friend of mine will also be in the rotora booth as well due to the fact that he has the set of brakes on his car. His name is Ronnie. Anyhow, I should be over by the Apexi Booth with SizongZ. We'll definitely stop by and say ssup~!

Isaac
Old 08-29-2003, 10:46 AM
SizongZ

Yup... will be at the D1 event. Most likely chillin at the Apex booth and the VIP tent
Old 08-29-2003, 04:17 PM
AREITU

Originally posted by SizongZ
Yup... will be at the D1 event. Most likely chillin at the Apex booth and the VIP tent
VIP? I jealous.

At least I got track-side tickets before they got sold out.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:48 AM
daytona350z

im goin with the PJ Bonifacio team....supposed to bring 4 show/drift cars there....

may be in the rotora or bride tent....dunno yet tho

hope to see ya all there!!
Old 08-30-2003, 09:26 AM
jetjammer

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
Don't forget to say "HI" to me in the Vendor area and get a free.... something.
Howzit Jeff

Man I wish I could be there. But since I can't...

HI Jeff! I'm lovin my Nismo parts, they compliment the the SC well.

All you MY350Z members should also go check out wicked4u2c's Z at the Rotora booth. BIG brakes, awsome exhaust, incredible shine...
Old 08-30-2003, 05:22 PM
SizongZ

Actually I think the Apex tent is part of the VIP tent.... agh.. don't know... I"ll be around anyways.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:13 PM
MATIX

Man, not lookin forward to havin to be ther at 6:45 in the mornin =/.....but lookin forward to seein everyone there =)
Old 08-30-2003, 09:27 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by MATIX
Man, not lookin forward to havin to be ther at 6:45 in the mornin =/.....but lookin forward to seein everyone there =)
hehe, i have to wake up around 5, leave at 6 to get to PJ's shop by 6:45, and then leave for the show....

ughh at least its only like 5 mins away from where the shop is...
Old 08-31-2003, 09:24 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Great Day at Irwindale - Sold Out

DatonaBlue and all..

Had a great time at D1... Took a lot of pictures... D1 Umbrella girls were so - hot !
The Japanese driver's ruled, and a few America showed good potential.. The two 350Z put up a great show... One N/A and one supercharged. Skyline GTRs and Lot's of Silvias...

A couple of Hotty Masda, and a couple of Toyota ( big crowd pleasers ) and a Soaring Lexus....

Saw BBBT and crew, as he did Hot Import Nights, and had to get up way early to get to D1..

He could have used a bit of sleep. However, even lacking a good night's sleep, he was a cordial as ever.

Meet up with a film crew, Ray Tony and Bruce, who were making a documentry on Drifting, and Captian Kirk a G.I. who was stationed in Okinowa. Liked drifting his RB26TT - R33 Skyline
so much - that he signed up for one more hitch... Works with Rotara, and his lady is very young and pretty.

Everyone was ducking the heat, and getting as much fluids as possible.

What suprised me, was there were a few Japanese/America Matronly ladies, who understood exactly what was going on, and suppose they were the mothers of the new "American D1 Drivers"

These ladies, knew the compitition, and exclaimed when the Judges had made a bad call.... - Let me explain that judging a Drifting demonstration, is purely subjective. With Style being a main criteria... Example ( New Driver had made an exceptional run, but lacked the Style of our Japanese D1 Driver... )

I can explain this in depth, at a future time... Summimasen.

Soapbox on/

Any way --- This Drifting is getting off to a good start. As the cars used are the Japanese favorites we love so much. It's not NASCAR but can any of us place the money it takes to run a NASCAR car? A NASCAR Vehicle of course is so heavily built from scratch, that it has only a similar outline of the actual car.

Soapbox off/

I preferred today over the last NASCAR event.. Subjective..

But I got to see two hot 350Z's up against the best that Japan had to offer. It was Awsum folks....

You will have to buy yhe Video when released,,, You can then Judge for your self..

Cheers Amy -

I'll get some pic's up, but not tonight - I'm way tired....

0000000000 PICS are here !!! 00000000000

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=41219

Last edited by AmyCroft; 09-01-2003 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:07 PM
BulletproofRich
Banned

I just got back from the event, and I wanted to say hey to all the 350z owners we saw there. Some clean rides. Nice to meet all of you.

Option Video was on hand to record the event, and they will release it in Japan. I will get a copy of it when it comes out and make it available to any who want it, PM me if interested.

The event was a HUGE success, and other than some bad planning/management/crowd control, it went smoothly and safely for everyone. A lot of vendors turned out, and as was said, it was the largest crowd ever at Irwindale Speedway, and the biggest D1 crowd ever also! The Japanese drivers and teams we talked to were floored at the response for the first ever USD1GP, eating it up.

After the competition - no im not gonna spoil it and tell you who won (unless you beg) - 9 drivers took laps in an exhibition which has to be one of the raddest spectacles I have ever seen. 9 fully tuned drift cars, barreling around the track at race speeds, all at the same time. It was a visceral thrill - the smell, sound and sight of that made me nearly drunk with excitement. Or maybe I stayed up too late.

Another note - everyone (that I saw) leaving was orderly and safe, no drifiting out of the parking lot, no racing - sure there was a police presence, but the attendees were extremely well behaved in exiting and entering the event - a big plus in the promoters eyes. Good job guys!

We had a nice selection of cars there representing - our S2k, a built Evo VIII, couple of 350z's ( thanks MATIX) and a Celica All-Trac. I woulda brought my car, but cause of the paint it would have been put to shame by the other cars, so I brought the truck and the cooler.

The event will be back next year, and look for a lot more local events to come soon, as we found out just how much practice us Americans need to compete with these guys. Simply awesome show of driving skills. Speeds out of the first turn were 110-120km and fully sideways! I thought I was hauling *** drifting at 45mph! LOL

Anyways, sorry for the long post. If you didn't make it out there (and you could have), you missed a great show. We will be there next year in full force.

Last edited by BulletproofRich; 09-01-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:19 PM
BJF2K

Hey Rich, I'm interested in one... I just got back from the show too... I saw Colin's car, Mr. B's car but don't know where the owners went... also BBBT's car... and the other two ShowCase's Z... the drift was pretty cool

oh and I saw some bulletproof showgirls....haha nice one Rich!
Old 08-31-2003, 11:24 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by BulletproofRich
If you didn't make it out there (and you could have), you missed a great show. We will be there next year in full force.
hell yea they missed out!!!! hehe...nice seeing ya agian!

hehe, i was at the BRIDE tent with PJ Bonifacio, missed seeing ya Amycroft!! we had "old school" on display with a BRG 73' Toyota Sprinter and a 86 RIGHT hand drive 3SG AE86 Levin.

Woke up at 5am just for this, now its about 12:30 am and i am as beat as hell.
have about 60+pics to upload!!

and got my free "goodie"-hehe, actualy i think i got one more thing that not many did from Jeff@performance-realy great guy!!

Last edited by daytona350z; 08-31-2003 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:44 AM
Bahraini350Z

some pix plzzzzzzzzzzz!!
Old 09-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Default Re: Great Day at Irwindale - Sold Out

Originally posted by AmyCroft
DatonaBlue and all..

Had a great time at D1... Took a lot of pictures... D1 Umbrella girls were so - hot !
I would say that about sum's it up!! Thanks to all of you who showed up and said "HI"! We had such a great time and meet so many great people. Looking forward to getting involved in a lot more So.Cal. shows in the future.

Quick Reply: D1 Drift competition in Irwindale on Sunday the 31st