Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

|| d e r a i l //

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009 | 10:58 PM
aloh

Originally Posted by RRMikey
go to the FI section... bunch of ppl saying this is better than that. all bs if you ask me. dood, you can drift on a stock z... haha. for tracks, a lot of power is not necessary a good thing. small track, you get owned. why don't you think about building the engine and get some good bolt on parts and get everything tunes and suspension adjusted. you will probably be much happier with those results at the track than just simply slap a FI system in the car. you have to think about what you want your car for? drift or track? or just pure hp to go straight?

if you baller enough... do everything. i do not know much about the weakness of the motor under boost. didn't do any research on it since i do not plan on FI'ing my hr.

just my $0.02
M6...listen to mikey. That focked up bolt in your suspension isnt gonna work so well when you try to drift. hahahah

That should be your real priority if you realy want to drift.
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:06 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

go to the FI section... bunch of ppl saying this is better than that. all bs if you ask me. dood, you can drift on a stock z... haha. for tracks, a lot of power is not necessary a good thing. small track, you get owned. why don't you think about building the engine and get some good bolt on parts and get everything tunes and suspension adjusted. you will probably be much happier with those results at the track than just simply slap a FI system in the car. you have to think about what you want your car for? drift or track? or just pure hp to go straight?

if you baller enough... do everything. i do not know much about the weakness of the motor under boost. didn't do any research on it since i do not plan on FI'ing my hr.

just my $0.02

haha bro i know i can drift on a stock Z np.... i dont even have a dif and i can peg leg this beyotch like a man... im going for the charger asap for this reason only... how often do you just come across 5k that you can drop WITHOUT having to save for MONTHS to make it happen... i can do suspension little by little, part by part and drop 1k-2k at a time for this and that, odds and ends but actually having the funds to FI the Z is pretty ****** hard thats why im doing that first then the rest after... i will NOT be tracking the car UNTIL i have my adjustable suspension in line and tuned "correctly" anyways. i just want to get the expensive shyt over and done with... and im looking for drift AND track thats why im getting a full 2 diff plus if i just wanted pure HP to go straight i would just keep my 500+whp civic... im done with those days

Last edited by M6SXTZ; 04-29-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:07 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by aloh
M6...listen to mikey. That focked up bolt in your suspension isnt gonna work so well when you try to drift. hahahah

That should be your real priority if you realy want to drift.
that bolt is like $7... im pretty sure that will be dont BEFORE i purchase my FI kit hahahahaha
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:11 PM
flynbrin

i wanna get some narrow tires for a stretched look

can any tire shop do that

or

should i go to a tire shop that has done some of those stretched tires
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:12 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Originally Posted by flynbrin
i wanna get some narrow tires for a stretched look

can any tire shop do that

or

should i go to a tire shop that has done some of those stretched tires
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:18 PM
wazhucks

430 whp on a charger is less than turbo? i mean if you have some built engine then yeah... 500 is good. but just turbo a oem engine... i don't think you would want to do much more than 430... what do you think waz?
well personally if u wanted to keep it completely stock keeping it 100% carb legal the vortech i think can only get 360whp/300tq around there. I forgot the exact specs, but from what i seen people get on the Tuning section thats around teh numbers. But a lot of people say " Go big or Go home"
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:23 PM
wazhucks

Originally Posted by M6SXTZ
mikey what would you recommend to rebuild on the Z to push past the 450 mark "safely"? like i said, i have a core already and i can start the project anytime after the civic sells... what is the weakest part of the Z when under boost?
if your going to rebuild you probably have to rebuild everything. I heard some parts are safe for such as the stock sleeve/ stock crank / stock heads / stock cams i heard you dont need to touch. But pistons/ rods / etc you would want to change for FI.
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:33 PM
wazhucks

In my opinion though id go vortech supercharger, number 1 being that its carb legal. Not only that you dont have to rebuild the engine so you can actually get a vortech tuned and installed for 5k. And not only that its actually reliable, your not going to have to worry about o **** is my engine going to break, since there's less stress. Main reason people in the FI Forum go turbo i think is becasue the power gain from turbo> power gained from supercharger. However i think 350whp and 300 TQ is good enough for me.
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:34 PM
Zenpato

Originally Posted by M6SXTZ
mikey what would you recommend to rebuild on the Z to push past the 450 mark "safely"? like i said, i have a core already and i can start the project anytime after the civic sells... what is the weakest part of the Z when under boost?
primarily the rods , but most stock engines can handle up to 450 whp safely.
You should scour the FI private classifieds , some great deals can be found. recently some guy was selling his vortech supercharger for 3200 installed at a reputable shop in san diego. water / meth injection is recommended but not necessary. check this link out
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...questions.html
I should be going FI sometime this year .
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:44 PM
wazhucks

Zen you saw that thread too for that guy selling it for 3499 Installed with boost gauges etc. I asked the guy a month later and he said he decided to keep it. Damn how i wanted to supercharge my Z.
Old 04-29-2009 | 11:47 PM
Zenpato

yeah ..passed up on some great deal..been a bit gunshy. still haven't gotten reflashed yet , i figure with all my bolt-ons , tune and the 3.12 pulley I'd be a little past 400 whp SC'ed.
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:04 AM
wazhucks

yea.. screw it turboed evo all the way! 400 post count HELL YEA.
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:06 AM
wazhucks

Originally Posted by aloh
i think id rather spend the money on that LS2 swap. theres a member on this forum thats doing it and so far hes spent 14 grand. I think hes doing some of the work himself though...

But having a regular N/A V8 is alot safer than a turbo'd/sc'd unbuilt vq...
LOL, if your going to say that then i rather just buy a GT-R its only like 75k! im just playing BFF I think money is an issue though when going with Big POWA!
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:20 AM
General_Malice

I couldnt have pink's or bacon-wrapped hotdog...so I went and bought nathan's hotdog instead...MmmMm MmMmm MmmM
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:22 AM
Zenpato

Originally Posted by wazhucks
buying Monkei's Evo>>?? remember ...sellers's remorse.
Old 04-30-2009 | 12:46 AM
M6SXTZ
Banned

ftL
haha.... personally im not into cars that are fast outta the box... im into the build
Old 04-30-2009 | 08:45 AM
RRMikey

wtf?? you guys are nuts. if i had 5 grand, i would save it for something else or just as a pot of money for the "oh shiet" fund. if you have 5 gand and expect to slam it on a SC kit and be done, you are so wrong sir. it's all gonna add up... tires, brakes, new cluth and fly wheel, more gas money, fukk just about everything. it's a big investment in terms of money. as harris next time you see him. trust me... he enjoys his 430 whp sc'd rev-up... but ask him about how much time and effort and pain in the *** that went into it.

want to drift? or track the car on a road course? suspension, brakes, and a power steering cooler, that my friend, will make all the difference. you might not beat everyone, but hell, their cars are probably not in your class anyways.

m6... get the lsd first... drift with no lsd is just called losing control... hahaha jk.
Old 04-30-2009 | 09:15 AM
m0nkie

I'm going to just say... Turbo'd out of the box no hassle..

going to shower now... be back to read all you hater's comments
Old 04-30-2009 | 10:16 AM
wazhucks

wtf?? you guys are nuts. if i had 5 grand, i would save it for something else or just as a pot of money for the "oh shiet" fund. if you have 5 gand and expect to slam it on a SC kit and be done, you are so wrong sir. it's all gonna add up... tires, brakes, new cluth and fly wheel, more gas money, fukk just about everything. it's a big investment in terms of money. as harris next time you see him. trust me... he enjoys his 430 whp sc'd rev-up... but ask him about how much time and effort and pain in the *** that went into it.

want to drift? or track the car on a road course? suspension, brakes, and a power steering cooler, that my friend, will make all the difference. you might not beat everyone, but hell, their cars are probably not in your class anyways.

m6... get the lsd first... drift with no lsd is just called losing control... hahaha jk.
thats true everything does add up thats why if you go FI you gotta have everything else done first.
Old 04-30-2009 | 10:57 AM
PeterTA
Banned for NON PAYMENT

thats true everything does add up thats why if you go FI you gotta have everything else done first.
i dont think FI is worth the money....

just stack yo chips and get a faster car.

take it from someone who is fI