Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

DO NOT take your cars to Johnson's Alignment in Torrance, CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down DO NOT take your cars to Johnson's Alignment in Torrance, CA

I went to Johnson's alignment to get my car aligned and corner balanced and was not only overcharged, but also their corner balance consisted of the following:

-rear passenger side sitting 3/4 of an inch higher than the driver side.
-front passenger side coilover 10 full turns higher than the driver side with the spring loose and not even preloaded.
-condescending/rude attitude from service manager named Steve.

They charged me $425 for what exactly? I am mailing off a certified letter to them demanding at least a partial refund. If we are not able to come to a compromise, i'm going to call my credit card company and let them deal with it.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-13-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:00 AM
zete350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks to hear. Hope you get everything resolved.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 AM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sue them bastids bro!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Kal_El

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn...sucks mang. They give you a computer printout right? PrecisionZ does a great job on alignments bro.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:29 AM
RRMikey

damn rick... sounds pretty bad... what a bunch of sob's... hope you get some if not all your money back.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There musta been a reason for those spring settings to be off? did they throw a sand bag in the driver seat for your weight?

what alignment camber did you tell them to run?

suchs..

West End was booked?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
julian

what are the cross weights? and why didn't you go west end?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard of many positive reports about Johnson's Alignment from many who track their cars. They setup many racecars from what I know.

Not sure how much they charge for a corner balance, but their alignment prices are reasonable, perhaps a tad more than westend.

If you're unsatisfied with the results, why not just go back and let them remedy things.

For a little tidbit, I believe Darrin of westend previously worked at Johnsons and may have learned from Steve Alarcon.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Chebosto
There musta been a reason for those spring settings to be off? did they throw a sand bag in the driver seat for your weight?

what alignment camber did you tell them to run?

suchs..

West End was booked?
Yeah, I agree that there definitely was a reason for the settings to be all off. Whatever the reason is...a customer should not be charged over $400 for positive camber, a non-corner balanced car, and major toe in. Yes, they added weight to the driver side. I told them to run the usual which was -3 in the front and -2.5 in the rear since I used to go there in 2004 and 2005 prior to my other track events. West End was booked, but I took it to Alex Pfeiffer after seeing all of the screw ups. You should have seen the amount of toe they were running in the rears as well.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-13-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by julian
what are the cross weights? and why didn't you go west end?
I had to make it to an event and west end was booked. I honestly didn't even have the time to get the cross weights or much of the car prior to leaving since they were closing. I just assumed that they did a good job, since they usually did. After being a long time customer, I was shocked that I was being treated like a low grade hooker on crack.

Just by looking at how the car was set up, with both the front and passenger side being way higher than the driver side without me in it, we knew the cross weights were completely off. The front passenger spring was not even preloaded and was dangling around. The front even had positive camber.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Sensi09
I've heard of many positive reports about Johnson's Alignment from many who track their cars. They setup many racecars from what I know.

Not sure how much they charge for a corner balance, but their alignment prices are reasonable, perhaps a tad more than westend.

If you're unsatisfied with the results, why not just go back and let them remedy things.

For a little tidbit, I believe Darrin of westend previously worked at Johnsons and may have learned from Steve Alarcon.
Like I just said to someone else above, I used to be a customer of theirs. However, I was treated like dogsheet the last time I was there. My gf even asked what the hell Steve's problem was. It's amazing knowing how bad the economy is and it's not like I asked him for a discount or anything. I paid full price and even paid for towing my car there and back from Orange County. I was not being cheap by any means, so I was naturally very upset when discovering this.

After that experience from a customer service level and services not being rendered, I definitely do not want to bring back my car to them because all of my trust is lost. It would be like bringing back your car to a paint shop after they oversprayed the hell out of your wheels and entire interior. No way! If he had at least treated me with some dignity, I would have considered. However, when someone treats me like that when I am a paying customer, I do not believe they deserve anymore of my future business.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-13-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Kal_El
damn...sucks mang. They give you a computer printout right? PrecisionZ does a great job on alignments bro.
I'm taking my car over to Alex Pfeiffer at G-dimension in the City of industry from now on. I got the entire suspension dialed in and the car feels amazing. All of that minus the ***** attitude over at Johnson's. I was speeding all over the 57 freeway last night because I was so excited. lol
Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Kal_El

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I'm taking my car over to Alex Pfeiffer at G-dimension in the City of industry from now on. I got the entire suspension dialed in and the car feels amazing. All of that minus the ***** attitude over at Johnson's. I was speeding all over the 57 freeway last night because I was so excited. lol
haha, nice! Glad it worked out and the car feels good man. Nothing like being happy in the Z!