Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Bad news San Diego......

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:47 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most Z's have had a nod and free-pass go down here, unless there is an intercooler, some serious supercharger whine or bypass/ blow-off. 9 out of 10 Z's down here would be a waste of time unless you really want to write front plate and tint tickets.

They're on the 240sx's looking for SR20's and Honda hatches with swaps like no other though.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
vinniePOOH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! this is stupid!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:29 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

I thought it was kind of weird that I saw like 8 cops today in 1 hours worth of driving in chula vista but I didn't think anything of it till my dad told me he saw this on the news. I don't know maybe it's just a coincidance. Either way I'm not driving down H street for a while.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

APEX AFC?!?! wow... just push that button and its a street race machine?! man... wish i wudda know about that when i was street racing! wowserz....
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Zenpato

Old 04-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Lawy'dU

1. That's why I have out of state tags still
2. That's one of the reasons why I went vortech and not turbo, and most if not all of my mods besides my exhaust are legal (I don't even have tint)
3. That's why I have a license plate frame from my law school on the car (most cops don't want to deal with the headache of arguing with people they stop)
4. The SDG's were already caught streetracing with 3 video cameras filming, including a production quality video camera and I argued our way out of it. Two cops showed up with Oh Hella JDM and another SDG to race with everyone else on the side taking photos, as well as a witness in the next door building that was watching us race and reported it lol. Really stupid to do what we were doing (we started out filming flyby's and exhaust noises and it progressed going head to head against one another)
5. Usually cops will only pull over modified cars for a reason additional to the car being illegally modded.
6. If you mod your car you run the risk of being harassed by police in every state. MODDER-BEWARE - new phrase coined.

Originally Posted by idwin
oh i thought this was going to be another Relentless auto thread
RA is actually well liked in southern california, especially in San Diego. Scott comes out to most of our bi-weekly meets and usually attends our socal regional meets with us as well. He's a friend of all of us in SD. The only people with a problem with Scott are the people on this forum that hate on him for whatever reason (most have never even spoken with Scott much less done business with him)

Last edited by Lawy'dU; 04-07-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

^ I thought it was SDG'z? Or was it the O.G. SDG's?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
definitionxmk

Scott was a killer on the Go Karts... i miss the SD meets =(
http://definitionxmk.mybrute.com <~inserted for fun

Last edited by definitionxmk; 04-08-2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Brute!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by BEBO'S ZEE
^ I thought it was SDG'z? Or was it the O.G. SDG's?
It's SDG'z. We need to start a thread on the my350z regional section for my350z, since we really haven't done much recruiting for Z's.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
1. That's why I have out of state tags still
2. That's one of the reasons why I went vortech and not turbo, and most if not all of my mods besides my exhaust are legal (I don't even have tint)
3. That's why I have a license plate frame from my law school on the car (most cops don't want to deal with the headache of arguing with people they stop)
4. The SDG's were already caught streetracing with 3 video cameras filming, including a production quality video camera and I argued our way out of it. Two cops showed up with Oh Hella JDM and another SDG to race with everyone else on the side taking photos, as well as a witness in the next door building that was watching us race and reported it lol. Really stupid to do what we were doing (we started out filming flyby's and exhaust noises and it progressed going head to head against one another)
5. Usually cops will only pull over modified cars for a reason additional to the car being illegally modded.
6. If you mod your car you run the risk of being harassed by police in every state. MODDER-BEWARE - new phrase coined.

RA is actually well liked in southern california, especially in San Diego. Scott comes out to most of our bi-weekly meets and usually attends our socal regional meets with us as well. He's a friend of all of us in SD. The only people with a problem with Scott are the people on this forum that hate on him for whatever reason (most have never even spoken with Scott much less done business with him)
I can't believe you want anyone to believe you will actually pass the tests to graduate and become a lawyer with your **** poor writing ability and insanely moronic logic.

I really hope you are a freshman. for your and our legal system's sake.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I can't believe you want anyone to believe you will actually pass the tests to graduate and become a lawyer with your **** poor writing ability and insanely moronic logic.
I really hope you are a freshman. for your and our legal system's sake.

lawchic
Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Motormouth
Banned

and why does a guy have his name as 'chick' anyway?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Yet another reason I'll NEVER move to Cali.

It's funny how a lot of the news stories about street racing killing people usually involve non-modified cars or cars that are NOT targeted during these crackdowns (like the Jag mentioned in the article). Makes PERFECT sense.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
MMC Racing

Chula Vista just sent me a ballot asking me to vote yes to raise sales tax 1% to help prevent cops from getting cut (along with some other services).. Hrm.. Let me think hard about that one..
Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Did anyone watch the video?

Originally Posted by moron reporter
...intake manifold. This is bringing in more air and exhaust into the car...

...driver has to push these buttons. It'll turn it from a regular car into a street-racing mobile! Making it very dangerous for the driver and for the rest of us.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure vehicles other than modified imports are involved in street racing and cause wrecks. There's soccer-mom driven SUVs and stock vehicles, too.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
mazymus

so besides vortex, what else is safe? HKS? Stillen?

How about a nicely hidden sleeper TT ?

Man, this is really a bum deal
Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by MMC Racing
Chula Vista just sent me a ballot asking me to vote yes to raise sales tax 1% to help prevent cops from getting cut (along with some other services).. Hrm.. Let me think hard about that one..
That's a double wammy.....Pay more taxes so you can get harasshed and fined more often....
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
mazymus

Originally Posted by A.H
That's a double wammy.....Pay more taxes so you can get harasshed and fined more often....
or pay more taxes so the cops wont have as huge a need to keep fining everyone. or so the pipe dream goes
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by mazymus
or pay more taxes so the cops wont have as huge a need to keep fining everyone. or so the pipe dream goes
That sounds good in theory, but everyone knows that's not happening with the economy in this shape....especially with California's debt. Like dealing with the higher sales tax and dmv fees isnt' enough....
Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

LOL @ Lawchick thinking that a law school license plate frame will deter a police officer. In fact, most officers see an opportunity for making some court overtime $$$

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Bad news San Diego......