Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Need some help with Cerritos Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
eshine1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with Cerritos Nissan

Need some help on what I can do in this situation.

Had an oil change done last month there. I just learned a few days ago that the splash shield under the motor is missing. It wasn't ripped off or anything, all the bolts are missing too. I'm guessing they forgot to put it back on during last oil change.

Well my fiancee went back to the dealership for me to get the splash shield back and one of the service guys pretty much denied her. He made excuses, suggesting that we lost the shield. He went on to say that it's no big deal, doesn't really do anything for the car yada yada. I seriously doubt Nissan would put on a part for no reason.

He also told her that they don't even remove the shield to do an oil change. Is this true? I did an oil change on my buddy's 04 G35, and we had to remove the shield to change the filter IIRC. I figure it would be the same. They argued for a bit, which didn't turn out so well.

I had all my service done there since I owned it. The first owner also had all work done there so everything is on file. If the thing was missing, they should have advised me about it, but they never did. I'm going back there and see what I can do. What do you guys think?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:42 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would contact Nissan North America. Get the service manager's name first.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:39 PM
RRMikey

talk to the manager and raise hell... this is b.s. and unacceptable especially since you are such a good customer. and you do have to remove the splash shield under the car to change out the oil filter... i like to see them try without removing it.

other than that, just contact corporate and tell them what happened... and don't be such a nice guy about it. go in with a pissed off *** looking face. trust me, when your girl goes in there, the don't give a shiet about women. you have to go yourself. i hate dealerships that don't own up to their f-ups.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
madpanda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude do yourself a favor and go straight to Nissan North America
And Never ever under any circumstances go back to the Cerritos service department.
They are the F'in worst in everything, and will hurt your car rather than maintain it.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cerritos Nissan is a big f'n joke. Their management stinks and does not resolve problems like a qualified manager should. I'm betting that most of those dimwits did not even take formal management classes in school to begin with. I made a formal complaint to Nissan North America about the service I received from them. F Cerritos Nissan!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
RRMikey

i guess you just have to refer to rickdogg's avatar to get his feeling on the subject.

seriously. this is why i do most of the work on my z myself. nobody to blame if i screw up... and i do not screw up... much... hahaha.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM
eshine1

Arite thanks you guys. Going there on Friday and will post up on what happens. Damn dealership, never again...
Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
abeklipse

I had an oil change done on my Z at another dealership and I had a chance to go into the service floor to check out my car by the service manager. They do not remove the shield completly, what I saw on mine was that it was hanging still attached just enough for the tech to drain the oil. I'm not sure if this is common practice, but thats what I noticed.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Lone_Wolf

Those bastards!. Fack cerritos Infiniti to. Hell fack the whole cerritos Auto Square. I take my G to West Covina Nissan or Performance Nissan for mods and service they are great check em out.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RRMikey
i guess you just have to refer to rickdogg's avatar to get his feeling on the subject.

seriously. this is why i do most of the work on my z myself. nobody to blame if i screw up... and i do not screw up... much... hahaha.

+1 for Mikey's Auto Maintenance Shop.

Currency Accepted: Good'ol Maryjane
Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
m0nkie

Originally Posted by Boba
+1 for Mikey's Auto Maintenance Shop.

Currency Accepted: Good'ol Maryjane
Mikey is accepting plants as currency again?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:26 PM
RRMikey

No! Boba, stop spreading rumors... malice just "happen" to have some that he could "use" because he was going on vacation. so technically I was helping HIM out. hahaha.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
m0nkie

No! Boba, stop spreading rumors... malice just "happen" to have some that he could "use" because he was going on vacation. so technically I was helping HIM out. hahaha.
what about my oil change...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
RRMikey

^ hahaha... that was just us "kickin' it" and waiting until your car cooled off a little bit. i'm not saying i'm not accepting herb... but i know that's the only thing malice has. soooo... i had to help a brotha out. or else he might infect me with his blackness. hahhaa.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
HiHo_Silver350

i asked the service manager there if i can get a discount on tune-up package and he said "maybe if you were really hot and had ****"

so basically unless you're a tranny, do not expect discounts there.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:03 PM
RRMikey

^ but you know he secretly digs doods... what a homo... watch out hiho, haha.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Kal_El

Don't let a business get away with improper practices. It indeed takes less energy to just "deal" with it, but if you put forth the time and energy to fight and make them give you the proper customer service that you deserve, then we all win. It helps protect the rest of the consumers from a business that has shady practices.

We also have to listen to reviews, if people (not person) are saying that a certain business sucks, for whatever reason, then listen and go some place that you will get the service you deserve. I hate seeing threads about the same business sucking *****.

Sorry to hear OP, hope it goes well.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
HiHo_Silver350

^ but you know he secretly digs doods... what a homo... watch out hiho, haha.
haha yea, especially at cerritos nissan. you walk into these lil toll booths... making me feel very uncomfortable lol
Old 04-11-2009, 01:09 AM
lkyjhn

Cerritos doesn't even have a master mechanic there. They send the tough jobs over to Schaiers' Nissan of Long Beach. Go to Schaiers'
instead and ask for J.C. the service tech. He gives good deals.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
RRMikey

no master tech at cerritos nissan? that explains it...

like i said, download a copy of the manual... then buy some tool... and get yoru hands dirty. hahaha.

yeah!! top 10 threads are all me right now!!!! muaaahahhahahaa... *** i need to go do my taxes now. dammit.

Quick Reply: Need some help with Cerritos Nissan