Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Anyone do San Diego installs and repairs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Chomorro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone do San Diego installs and repairs?

I was going to ask gdup35sedan but it looks like he is banned for some reason. I just need a drivers side door window motor installed.

I read the sticky but if the price is right i would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing so it can be finished in an hour rather then a few days from me LOL.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:13 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be able to do it yourself. It's pretty easy. These are instructions for a G, but the Z door should be about the same. Remove the door panel. After that, there are 10 or so 10mm bolts that hold the door plate to the door itself. Remove the 4 gold nuts holding the window tracks to the door plate. The window motor will still be attached to the door plate. Unbolt the motor and replace with the new one. The gear may not line up with the glass mechanism so you may have to turn the ignition on and hit the window switch until it does. Attach window tracks to place starting with BOTTOM bolts, and then the top. Line up plate dowel pins at top of door and start bolting it back up. To reset, roll window all the way up. Remove the sticker (on plate) where motor is sitting. Hold reset button down and roll window all the way down (do not use auto). Roll window up and put door finisher back one. Done.