Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Any cool Service Managers on So. Cal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:43 AM
turtleboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any cool Service Managers on So. Cal?

I keep getting my service engine light on due to p0430 code. My car is totally stock. The dealership by me wants me to pay $120 to just look at it. I personally think I have a slight exhaust leak between the headers and cat but cant seem to pinpoint it out. So anyone friends with a Service Manager to check out my car and go from there? I'm pushing 49k miles, all highway, no track time, premium gas and oil. And suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I doubt a Service Manager can give away free services, especially to a friend of a friend.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:44 AM
turtleboy

I used to take in my BMW Z4 and Z06 to the dealership all the time to get stuff checked out for free and BMW would always give me a loaner car. $120 just to look at it seems really steep for something that "should" be under warranty, but after they get my money they can tell me anything to keep the $120. Thats the reason I would like to try to find someone that I can feel like I can trust.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:22 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If you're under warranty (< 3 years < 36K miles) then the cost of repair shouldn't come up. If you're under the drivetrain warranty (< 5 years < 60K miles) then you have a problem because some of the items that can cause a P0430 code are still covered and some are not. Maybe they are telling you that if it's not a warrantable problem, then you're going to be responsible for the diagnosis. Obviously, if it is covered under warranty, then you shouldn't pay for the diagnosis.

There are a couple of sponsors here on the forum that are South CA dealers, contact one of them as most members here seem to be pretty happy with them. Check out Performance in Duarte, Fontana Nissan, West Covina Nissan. (https://my350z.com/forum/showgroups.php)

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 09-20-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
turtleboy

Sounds good. Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Frank@MtroNiss

Default Service Managers

Hey my name is Frank and im at Empire Nissan in ontario,I used to be at Metro nissan and West Covina...i would be more then happy to take a look at your engine lite at no charge,just to see what is wrong,,and if we have a warrantable repair ill get it done,,if its not ill let ya know and get ya an estimate,,either way let me know

Frank
909-563-7761
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 PM
turtleboy

Took my car into Frank today at Empire Nissan and got 5 star treatment! Checked out the SES light and showed Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold and am getting new cats installed.

He said they were "mod friendly" dealer and to mention my350z.com when you call and he will take care of you. Also said he can get smokin good deals on OEM parts for us.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 AM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh sweet, good look'n out Frank! BTW, depending on the year of your Z your cats should be covered under the CA Emissions Warranty
Old 09-29-2009, 07:18 AM
hersilverbullet

I have dealt with Frank and he provides top notch customer service. Glad to hear you got your car fixed.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Frank@MtroNiss

Default Thanks

Rich,,thanks for the opprotunity to look at your car,and it was great to finally put a face with a name,.
As always it is great to get the chance to help out the Z community.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and I hope to get the opprotunity to see more of you guys soon..

Frank
Old 09-30-2009, 12:30 AM
turtleboy

yup, the cats are covered under Ca emissions warranty. Frank was amazing at getting everything done and making sure I left on time. HUGE +++++ for that! I need new air filters installed and some oil filters in the trunk before I leave, but I am sure Frank will take care on me.

I am off on Friday so hopefully we can get the install done before the evening. THANK YOU SSSoooooo Much!!!

Last edited by turtleboy; 09-30-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Frank@MtroNiss

Default Installs

Consider it done..
Old 09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
....Zyuhl8r....

Empire Nissan is great. They Provided a new engine and a new tranny cause of all my issues and never gave me problems. Everybody at the service department were very helpfull.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Scott@fontananissan
Vendor - Former Vendor

Just a reminder everyone! We are a mod friendly dealership and your Forum Sponsor! Feel free to bring your cars in here for service! Enjoy free internet service, starbucks coffee, and plasma tv in lounge.

You can also pick up aftermarket parts here as well and get them installed here!

Scott
Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
ssawa

Originally Posted by turtleboy
I keep getting my service engine light on due to p0430 code. My car is totally stock. The dealership by me wants me to pay $120 to just look at it. I personally think I have a slight exhaust leak between the headers and cat but cant seem to pinpoint it out. So anyone friends with a Service Manager to check out my car and go from there? I'm pushing 49k miles, all highway, no track time, premium gas and oil. And suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Glad you got it taken care of. I had a similar problem with my '07. The cats and MAF sensors went bad. They said it was probably cuz of my k&n filters, but covered it under warranty. Changed to a Nismo intake to be safe since they changed my filters to OEM's.

Did you go to PS Nissan or Torre Nissan? Allen at Torre is great and always taken good care of me and my Z's ('03 and '07) since August '02. They're not a mod parts dealer but they will install mods and don't frown on them.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
sleezye

Big thumbs up for Frank at Ontario Nissan as well. Getting more work done there soon...
Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 PM
turtleboy

Originally Posted by ssawa
Glad you got it taken care of. I had a similar problem with my '07. The cats and MAF sensors went bad. They said it was probably cuz of my k&n filters, but covered it under warranty. Changed to a Nismo intake to be safe since they changed my filters to OEM's.

Did you go to PS Nissan or Torre Nissan? Allen at Torre is great and always taken good care of me and my Z's ('03 and '07) since August '02. They're not a mod parts dealer but they will install mods and don't frown on them.
I just called PS Nissan and the guy I spoke to just seemed really cocky and just did not get a good vibe. So I started searching the forums.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:21 PM
turtleboy

Got my cat replaced, oil change and new air filters. My car is running great! Also provided me with a rental car since I was located about a hour from the dealership and also got me some extra oil filters. And when I picked up my car it was right up front ready to go! I love pulling into a business where I take my car too and seeing my baby sitting out front waiting for me. Overall great experience! Thank you!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:03 AM
ssawa

Originally Posted by turtleboy
I just called PS Nissan and the guy I spoke to just seemed really cocky and just did not get a good vibe. So I started searching the forums.
I never take my car to P.S. Nissan, only Torre. Give Allen a try sometime and tell him Stan with the Redline Z sent you.