Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

RIP JR Rocha (owner of the TwinTurbo Custom Infiniti G37 HIGHENDPerfomance Car)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 AM
SDUrbn350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RIP JR Rocha (owner of the TwinTurbo Custom Infiniti G37 HIGHENDPerfomance Car)

Today a friend of mines told me that a guy he knew died recently you guys have probably heard of him or not, his name was JR Rocha you may have seen his car at the Seibon customer appreciation meet, its the Flatblack Twin Turbo Infiniti G37 or at the HIGHENDPerformance shop in LA or maybe at the SEMA Show? i never new the guy but he seemed to have alot going for him in this "car enthusiast world" we all live in here's a couple links about him and some pictures of his car if you've seen it and some info about what happened from a friend of his on facebook her name is Tina, her post is kind of a tear jerker...

JR Rocha With Custom Infiniti G37 Wins Gran Turismo’s “Best in Show” Award Click here To See Story

Youtube Video of his car

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Tina @ Facebook

R.I.P JR Rocha
Yesterday at 3:02pm

As a sit here laying in Tim's bed because I can't handle being alone....I can't help but sit here and keep telling myself this is all a horrible dream and I'll wake up soon and head down to High End in Camarillo for our monthly team meetings with everyone in Auto Concept to discuss our future plans and gatherings we'll have together. It's gut wrenching to think they'll never be the same because the heart of our team will no longer physically be there.

It's a bad movie...on repeat that just keeps playing in my head as I'm running around Ben's backyard having a water gun fight with JR's kids. Everyone else is sitting around watching the guys play basketball. Then I hear a strong, stearn voice with JR around the corner yelling at Adrian to knock it off. I can't help but sit here and blame myself to a certain degree on the following that'll happen. What if I stopped playing with the water guns and JR never had a 5 second yelling match with Adrian. Is that what caused his blood pressure to shoot up? Or was it the 3 games of basketball that he played that made him drop to his knee less than 10 mins later. It's a horrible picture in my mind with the whole team around JR yelling his name as Robert's frantically calling 911 and Winnie's sitting there with JR doing chest compressions. There's nothing I can do, but sit along the wall and pray that he'll bounce right back up and yell "gotcha" or something; after all, JR's a jokester and nobody ever notices when hes joking or what, but its when I was sitting above his head, with his eyes rolled into the back of his head and we hear ambulances and fire trucks coming. Did this seriously just happen? It can't be...he's too young, he's got way too much going for him, a beautiful wife, 6 children, a steady job as a nurse...we all depend on JR when it comes to medical problems, but what happens when it's him? The team goes into shock, and we can't do anything but sit there and hope that complete strangers can bring our brother back. Before the ambulances came, all I could hear is Jowe saying, HE HAS A PULSE. The paramedics came and I wasn't sure what they were doing. I walked up to BJ and asked him....he just said they're trying to stabalize his breathing...it was 3 minutes later, I hear the paramedic say, he's in full arrest. WHAT?! JOWE SAID HE HAD A PULSE, BJ SAID HE HAD A PULSE, WHY WHY WHY ARE THEY SAYING THERE'S NO PULSE. I sat against the wall, near Jun, as Jun kept saying GOD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, NO...I sat there as I listened to the machine saying "shock advised"...and JR's body bounces. I went out front and tried calling my mom to have her sit and pray with my dad...I'm not religious, but everyone always says, the non-religious people always turn to God. I still don't feel its real....I called Billy, then I called Sam to tell them the news that JR was rushed to the hospital....It was just a few of us left at the house cuz everyone else left, but me, Tim, Robert, Brian and his gf stayed to watch the kids...we went upstairs to see what they were up to. All Adrian said was "wheres my dad? is he okay? whats wrong with him?" We didn't have the heart to say anything. I went out front to Ben's house, when I got the gut wrenching call from Sammo saying that he just talked to Jowe, and that JR didn't make it. It was that moment, I frikkin clenched Tim and screamed. This can't be happening....it was just a few hours earlier that we were sitting around BBQ'ing, not a care in the world, but basketball on everyones mind. How can this be happening so quickly, how can someone so amazing, so young be taken away just like that?

How can I be sitting here, screaming at the top of my lungs, crying my eyes out when there's so many other people around me that were so much closer to him. Oh wait, I know, in my mind JR was the HEART of Auto Concept. He was always there. I'm the newest member of Auto Concept, I've only done a couple shows with the team, but he was still my brother...Auto Concept is my second family. I always went to the shop and asked Jun where JR was.

I remember I got into a fight with my dad, and went to the shop, and just sat there in the back room talking to JR. The first show I did with Auto Concept was Spocom...I had car trouble and needed to drop my car off at World-Racing, the second I said that, JR said "I'll drive behind you and make sure you're safe"...that's the kind of guy JR was. He cruised to the shop with me, made sure I was good, and went back home. He always put others first, before himself. He was always there if you needed to talk to someone. Memories just keep playing in my mind, as we'd go to Ben's and JR was rushing down the court, as he would start sweating, and he'd jokingly be sexy and take the bottom of his shirt and put it through the top, and have his gut hangin' out. I remember sitting by the BBQ and laughing cuz, well, JR...you don't have a six pack, lol. Everyone would laugh at you on the court when you did such silly things....and now you're gone.

Anyway, I waited for Nick to come get the kids, and the rest of us went to the hospital. There were 50 people outside of the emergency room, as we all sat in the parking lot, tears streaming down all of our faces...we just lost another Auto Concept brother. I sat there debating if I wanted to say my goodbyes, and to see him one last time. Tim kept telling me not to, but I couldn't hold back, I'd regret it later if I didn't. I went in there with the priest as they said the final prayers and the Hail Mary...magically I still remembered it from high school. It was so surreal as I stood by his side, touching his lifeless body...it's still not real, it can't be, there's no way. It just won't sink in. I held his hand, as it was yellow and ice cold, and I kept thinking to myself, if more of us hold his hand, maybe the warmth will bring him back.

an autopsy report came back as a massive heart attack & 3 clogged arteries. I overheard Ben (our club president) saying he was on Indocin, which is an anti-inflammatory medication. I did a little bit of research & one of the side effects is a heart attack without warning. Exactly what happened to JR since he didn't complain of any pains that would be related to a heart attack. He played 3 or 4 rounds of basketball that day, I'd assume the medicine kicked in a lot harder with all that strenuous activity. Another side effect is congestive heart failure. I'll be with the family during the next couple weeks & I hope they do a toxicology to find out what triggered it. He just had a physical last month, & had passed it. I don't know if the clogged arteries is something that could be from immediate congestive heart failure or if it was built up; since you can't figure that stuff out without doing an Angiogram

I love JR, he was my brother in Auto Concept, one of the guys I was definitely closest to, & he meant the world to me. I just don't know....JR, I love you, I know you're watching over us, and Auto Concept will NEVER be the same, High End will NEVER be the same. You'll always be the heart.
even tho i never met the guy but my prayers will be to you and your family RIP JR Rocha the first person to make the first twin turbo G37 his legacy will live on...

Last edited by SDUrbn350Z; 10-06-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 982 Likes on 745 Posts

RIP.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:45 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that's SAD, RIP.......
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow. just keep swimming.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 AM
SDUrbn350Z

Originally Posted by lgear080
wow. just keep swimming.
what does that mean?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:15 AM
CRIDDA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP- very sad
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDUrbn350Z
what does that mean?
it's a actually a quote from a cartoon. finding nemo.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:10 AM
ssawa

My prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP JR.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 AM
2k6-z33

RIP.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
InZpire

RIP. Such a sad story. :/
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Chomorro

Man thats crazy, guy over here just died from something like that. He was 27 just all of a sudden had a heart attack and died..... There isnt always a warning I guess.

RIP
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Evilmexicaninus

RIP =(
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
ni$mo350

Very sad RIP..
Old 10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
cmoney2021

This is very saddening. He had so much potential in his future. Rest in Peace
Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Kal_El

I met him at a photo shoot. This is very sad news, Rest In Peace JR.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, such a sad story..

RIP
Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
donut_boi

Rip jr.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
ODEHBOY

condolences to the family. may he RIP.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 PM
World Famous Z

That's a very sad story to hear
our prayers and condolences go out to the friends and family.
Team AR-Kan mourns a fellow enthusiast
Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That is so sad. my condolences to all of yours. RIP JR

Quick Reply: RIP JR Rocha (owner of the TwinTurbo Custom Infiniti G37 HIGHENDPerfomance Car)