Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Extreme Speed 350z Competition Cup

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:34 PM
boosted180

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys. i'm new on this forum and just wanted to say hi and that i was at big willow last sunday with extremespeed. it was lots of fun. i took a very long break from doing trakc events but am getting back into it.

this competition series is open to 370z's also, i'm assuming? i was fighting overheating problems all day, not being able to run more than 4-6 laps without going into limp mode. i'm definitely not one of the fastest guys out there, but still was hoping/ expecting to do about 1.40-1.41. i ended up doing a 1.43.3, which, very unexpected, was good enough for a 2nd place trophy! overall, i had a good time, even though the car (and i) were not performing as well as i'd hoped.

i'll be looking into getting a better oil cooler and doign a lot more events in the future. this z competition series looks like lots of fun!

btw, i was in street class, i think. my car is stock except for exhaust and eibach springs and sway bars.

brian

Last edited by boosted180; 06-17-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:19 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**updated points list guys**

The battle is heating up, who's going to take take it at buttonwillow? It's getting close!

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CMy7jNgM
Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 AM
HwyDrftr

Anyone going to be at Buttonwillow tomorrow?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Black Z Eddie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup
Old 07-12-2011, 05:27 AM
HwyDrftr

It was pretty dang hot out at Buttonwillow. My car and I both about got heat stroke. I need to figure out how to keep her cooler, water temps were hitting 256 deg. I put some oh the Royal Purple Ice in the coolant but it didn't seem to help much. I guess an oil cooler is in order, maybe some ducting to channel air through the radiator?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 AM
jnathan68

Originally Posted by HwyDrftr
It was pretty dang hot out at Buttonwillow. My car and I both about got heat stroke. I need to figure out how to keep her cooler, water temps were hitting 256 deg. I put some oh the Royal Purple Ice in the coolant but it didn't seem to help much. I guess an oil cooler is in order, maybe some ducting to channel air through the radiator?
I know I looked at your car but can't remember, do you have an upgraded radiator?

When I first bought the Z, had an issue at SMMP....hot day and track without a lot of long straights for cooling. I upgraded to a better radiator with about 20% coolant/80% water and Redline water wetter.

I also added an pieced together oil cooler and everything has been good since then.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
HwyDrftr

Originally Posted by jnathan68
I know I looked at your car but can't remember, do you have an upgraded radiator?

When I first bought the Z, had an issue at SMMP....hot day and track without a lot of long straights for cooling. I upgraded to a better radiator with about 20% coolant/80% water and Redline water wetter.

I also added an pieced together oil cooler and everything has been good since then.
I'm still running the stock radiator, probably a good place to start. I was waiting for the plastic top to blow off the stocker, haha. I'm wondering though if it's more of an airflow issue. Seems to be heating up more than it used to, could be the splitter and the bumper I am running this year?

For the oil cooler may I ask what parts you used?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
97supratt

I'm still running the stock radiator, probably a good place to start. I was waiting for the plastic top to blow off the stocker, haha. I'm wondering though if it's more of an airflow issue. Seems to be heating up more than it used to, could be the splitter and the bumper I am running this year?

Get a setrab oil cooler and never look back, it's what used in porsches, bentley's, and most factory sports cars from europe.

Remember guys, if you finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in your class PM me your information such as full name, run group, mod class, best time, and vehicle info and I will submit your information for our competition cup.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM
jnathan68

If the issue is worse now than before and it is an airflow issue, you would have either had to change something (i.e. different front bumper) or have a blockage (i.e. to much road stuff in radiator fins).

You also could have a stuck/sticking thermostat but that is somewhat rare or maybe a radiator cap that is going bad. Are you monitoring your oil temps?

Either way, from an engine safety perspective, I would recommend a radiator and an oil cooler.

I kind of pieced my oil cooler setup together but am currently using a cheaper cooler and agree that if you do it, get a Setrab or other high quality cooler (I am looking for one now).

I believe somewhere on the forums, I saw a write up on building your own oil cooler setup. It was for a Z but you probably could adapt from there.

Last edited by jnathan68; 07-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
97supratt

**updated Z/G competition cup PDF form**

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4S...yZTNj&hl=en_US
Old 07-19-2011, 02:42 PM
HwyDrftr

Thanks for updating but link is not working for me.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM
97supratt

Thanks for updating but link is not working for me.
It should work now.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 AM
97supratt

Guys this link should work, sorry about the confusion.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Remember, 8/28 @ SOW is coming up. Points battle is heating up, this should be fun!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 AM
97supratt

Below is the link to the PDF file with the points for the competition cup. If I missed anyone please email me the following information. The run group, your full name, your vehicle, fastest time, and class.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

Last edited by 97supratt; 09-07-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 AM
WetDreamZZZ

How do I see how I placed during the last event on 8/28? I stuck around and asked the guys at the track and they told me there was no Z competition that day.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by WetDreamZZZ
How do I see how I placed during the last event on 8/28? I stuck around and asked the guys at the track and they told me there was no Z competition that day.
There was a Z event, and if you stuck around until the end you would have figured that out. Allen was there until the end and he got a trophy for first place.

I want to make it very clear that if it's stated that we're running a race that day. Please stay until the end or else we cannot award you points. It's not fair for the participant who waits until the end.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 AM
97supratt

**Quick update**

All participants of the Z competition who attended yesterday at Streets of Willow, please PM me your full name, run group, & fastest time or email me at sales@track-star.net so I can update our records.

Thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
97supratt

Updated points list guys!!!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...iqVWNz3oI/edit
Old 12-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Bigalow

subscribed for later reading.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:27 PM
WetDreamZZZ

Originally Posted by 97supratt
There was a Z event, and if you stuck around until the end you would have figured that out. Allen was there until the end and he got a trophy for first place.

I want to make it very clear that if it's stated that we're running a race that day. Please stay until the end or else we cannot award you points. It's not fair for the participant who waits until the end.
I did stay until the end at that event. Even stayed a lil later to see the guys run on the track with the top gear tv show. I asked the guy that was in charge of handing out the transponders and he said there was no Z comp that day only S2k but anyways is in the past. I hope that the new Extreme time attack is more organized next year.

Quick Reply: Extreme Speed 350z Competition Cup