Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

New Tranny, JWT Flywheel and Cusco Sways are ON!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:53 AM
MastaKillaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tranny, JWT Flywheel and Cusco Sways are ON!!!

Just got my car back from Performance where they replaced out my tranny, installed the JWT flywheel, put on my cusco sways and my rocking Nismo shift ****.

Car definitely revs much quicker. Shifting is smoother and downshifting is so much easier. Clutch is lighter and I don't have the jerkiness I used to have when releasing/dumping my clutch after shifts. The gates do feel a little less precise but I'll sacrifice that for smoothness and the ability to ease the shifter into the gears.

Only had a chance to drive the car into work this morning so haven't taken any aggressive turns to check out the sways. Nonetheless, very very happy with the results...

I can sort of hear a raspy sound at lower rpms because of the flywheel, but nothing as bad as I expected... no real gravel sound or maybe I'm going deaf. No vibrations off the shift ****.

I hope it stays this way without any problems. Next is the pulley and tires for the wheels sitting in my living room. Sorry, just wanted to share my christmas joy.

thanks to jeff and javier at performance for everything including the rental.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:33 AM
Mr B

Hey man, that sounds awesome! Come by my place sometime so we can swap cars and drive them around!
Old 12-11-2003, 11:28 AM
iris

are those the 19" te-37's that are in your living room? i forgot what you were getting.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:16 AM
MastaKillaZ

yup, 19" TE-37's... now there's a pulley to keep them company in the meantime as well as a bypass for my AEM.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:07 AM
tekkensux

Hey so are the sways all you expected? Sounds like your car is a daily driver like mine. I wanted sawys but I'm afraid it may cause the suspension to become too unforgiving/stiff/bumpy/etc for daily driving etc....How have you found it to be?

Also, how's the AEM CAI working for you? (trying to convince myself to get the Nismo)

Nice work on the car-Performance Nissan is definitely a good place to take our Z's. They actually come off kinda caring! Imagine that.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:56 PM
MastaKillaZ

sways are cool. not as dramatic of a change in the turns as I would have liked but still noticeable. definitely enjoy the 110 a whole lot more.

didn't seem to affect the ride quality very much.

and the CAI, honestly, probably just makes this cool noise and doesn't add much hp gain. nonetheless, I'm glad I got it.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:35 PM
MastaKillaZ

sways are cool. not as dramatic of a change in the turns as I would have liked but still noticeable. definitely enjoy the 110 a whole lot more.

didn't seem to affect the ride quality very much.

and the CAI, honestly, probably just makes this cool noise and doesn't add much hp gain. nonetheless, I'm glad I got it.