Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

what to do in SD?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what to do in SD?

hey guys,

i'm going to SD this weekend with my gf and was wondering what happenings are there to do there. I'm leaving to SD friday afternoon, are there any happening spots or must see areas? or just the usual Gas Lamp District?

Saturday night we will have dinner at her favorite restaurant in SD, Sambuka.. and after that what else would you guys recommend? some place romantic? etc..

also is there any activities to do on Sunday morning?

we're not interested in the beaches/theme parks

thanks in advance guys
Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
WetDreamZZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

San Diego Beer festival is going on Saturday from 11am-5pm find info at www.SDBW.org

Coronado Island is cool to check out. Lots of places to eat and shop. You can take the ferry boat over to seaport village and eat and shop some more there too lol.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM
nismo_nate

beer festival sounds fun, gf kinda shut that idea down.. shes not into beer much, more of a wine drinker

- i just texted my gf about coronado island and she google'd it. looks like i'm going there sunday morning lol.

thanks for the great suggestion
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM
WetDreamZZZ

I'm sad to hear she passed on the beer fest cause it's gonna be awesome haha.

You might also want to check out Balboa park and all the museums around that area too. Have fun and enjoy whatever you guys decide to do.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coronado is definitely one of our gems! That's my favorite part of town... You can catch the ferry to seaport village or go to the beach or even just take a little stroll up and down Orange ave. and enjoy some of the resturaunts they have there...

Downtown(gaslamp) is ok, a bit over rated and overpriced... North Park has a pretty good bar scene as well as Pacific Beach... You can also head out to Mission Beach and stroll the Boardwalk... The Wave house in MB is pretty cool too...

As mentioned, Balboa Park has tons of cool Museums and the SD Zoo is right next door...

Old Town is a pretty neat place to visit, there is a lot of SD history there... Also, You can check out the Cabrillo Nat'l Monument, but I'm not too sure if it's open on the weekends, you might want to check before heading over there... If you want some bomb *** apple pie, Julian is the spot, not to mention a very fun place to drive your car!(But watch out, the Border Patrol has a pretty heavy presence there sometimes)

Those are just somethings to do down here...

If you really wanna have a fun weekend, may I suggest Tijuana, MX??? Honk Kong Gents Club is a popular place and their appetizer menu is out of this world!!! Make sure you try the wings!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO! I don't think he wants to take his girl to Hong Kong. He did say a bit romantic
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sdZ33
Coronado is definitely one of our gems! That's my favorite part of town... You can catch the ferry to seaport village or go to the beach or even just take a little stroll up and down Orange ave. and enjoy some of the resturaunts they have there...

Downtown(gaslamp) is ok, a bit over rated and overpriced... North Park has a pretty good bar scene as well as Pacific Beach... You can also head out to Mission Beach and stroll the Boardwalk... The Wave house in MB is pretty cool too...

As mentioned, Balboa Park has tons of cool Museums and the SD Zoo is right next door...

Old Town is a pretty neat place to visit, there is a lot of SD history there... Also, You can check out the Cabrillo Nat'l Monument, but I'm not too sure if it's open on the weekends, you might want to check before heading over there... If you want some bomb *** apple pie, Julian is the spot, not to mention a very fun place to drive your car!(But watch out, the Border Patrol has a pretty heavy presence there sometimes)

Those are just somethings to do down here...

If you really wanna have a fun weekend, may I suggest Tijuana, MX??? Honk Kong Gents Club is a popular place and their appetizer menu is out of this world!!! Make sure you try the wings!
Originally Posted by BEBO'S ZEE
LMAO! I don't think he wants to take his girl to Hong Kong. He did say a bit romantic
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 PM
2k6-z33

Go to Barrio Logan, it's beautiful at night..
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
kenny9596

Ocean beach is cool go to hodads.. point loma go to celebro monument is alright i think i spelled it wrong tho lol
Old 11-02-2011, 07:12 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm always down for HK's!!!... We should organize a So-Cal HK meet!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:24 AM
WetDreamZZZ

I'm always down for HK's!!!... We should organize a So-Cal HK meet!
LOL I'm half Mexican and I'm scared to cross the border.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
PeterFromSDiego

Coming down with the GF eh? SDZ33 got some good pointers.

I have some suggestions being that MY GF here loves just chillen and walking around San Diego

1) Little Italy near downtown. Super great atmosphere and holds one of THE BEST farmers market in San Diego. It's a pretty big event there, lots to do. Romantic and great food. The vibe overall is awesome. Warning though...you will see hot chicks here.

2) Down Town La Jolla. Super fancy, like blue blood fancy. But us average joes are all all over this place. Has your high end shops to very intricate little weird corner stores. All age ranges and has a killer scenery of the ocean.

3) Convoy in Kearny Mesa. This is my hood. A LOT of imports in this area and has some of the best asian food on one street.

4) Seaport Village. This place is kind of touristy, I usually go here to kill time while I am in Downtown. Has small shops, street performances and boats n ****. lol.

Last edited by PeterFromSDiego; 11-03-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM
nismo_nate

the gf and i were googleing all the suggestions given on the the thread last night. I guess you can say gaslamp is over rated since you are local, but since we are technically tourist its nice to go. Tijuanna...

Originally Posted by BEBO'S ZEE

Originally Posted by Waizzz

are you going to organize any toys for tots?

Originally Posted by 2k6-z33
Go to Barrio Logan, it's beautiful at night..
i'ma google this right now, thanks bro! how ya been!?

Originally Posted by kenny9596
Ocean beach is cool go to hodads.. point loma go to celebro monument is alright i think i spelled it wrong tho lol
we saw the pictures of ocean beach and point loma.. pretty nice

Originally Posted by WetDreamZZZ
LOL I'm half Mexican and I'm scared to cross the border.
i'm really scared to cross.. imagine a Filipino guy and Chinese girl crossing the boarder with no directions and very to no little english lol. does GPS work there? wish i had siri, "locate the nearest ban-yo" siri:"everywhere"

Originally Posted by PeterFromSDiego
Coming down with the GF eh? SDZ33 got some good pointers.

I have some suggestions being that MY GF here loves just chillen and walking around San Diego

1) Little Italy near downtown. Super great atmosphere and holds one of THE BEST farmers market in San Diego. It's a pretty big event there, lots to do. Romantic and great food. The vibe overall is awesome. Warning though...you will see hot chicks here.

2) Down Town La Jolla. Super fancy, like blue blood fancy. But us average joes are all all over this place. Has your high end shops to very intricate little weird corner stores. All age ranges and has a killer scenery of the ocean.

3) Convoy in Kearny Mesa. This is my hood. A LOT of imports in this area and has some of the best asian food on one street.

4) Seaport Village. This place is kind of touristy, I usually go here to kill time while I am in Downtown. Has small shops, street performances and boats n ****. lol.
damn thanks for the pointers from everyone on this thread
Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Chargers play the Packers on Sunday, you could go and support them

GO BOLTS!!!!!!

Last edited by Waiz; 11-05-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:19 PM
2k6-z33

It's the neighborhood my dad grew up in lol I wouldn't recommend it..
Old 11-04-2011, 04:28 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2k6-z33
It's the neighborhood my dad grew up in lol I wouldn't recommend it..
..... he must be a G
Old 11-05-2011, 08:14 AM
kaizenro1

You can also finish up the evening by hiking one of the many mountains.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:43 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Take her out for a nice dinner or lunch at the Vineyards in Temecula , its about an hour north of where you are. A trip to Julian for apple pie is always good too.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 PM
candyandy

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Chargers play the Packers on Sunday, you could go and support them

GO BOLTS!!!!!!
good game. too bad we lost =\
Old 11-20-2011, 05:55 PM
nismo_nate

first off thanks for everyone's input. My girlfriend and i had a great time there, but we wished we had more time and better weather. till next time i guess...

the corronado bridge is steep as heck i keep imagining stalling there and messing up everyones day. lol

heres some pixs taken from my phone.

we went on yelp in search for a quick meal.. right down the street was a liquor store/greek eatery. talk about a combo and the guys were pretty cool

then we got tired and rested at mission bay.. and actually fell asleep

we froze our butts off sleeping there, but we needed a recharge and it seemed like a nice place

and we finally went to Sambuca,

near here

http://sambucabistro.com/

well.. thats it for now. many thanks to everyone

Last edited by nismo_nate; 11-20-2011 at 07:27 PM.