Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Reputable Paint Shop around LA area needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
MikeBit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reputable Paint Shop around LA area needed

Hey guys, I'm in need of your help. I require A REPUTABLE, GREAT QUALITY PAINT SHOP in the Los Angeles area (I live in the 818 area code). I had PAC Auto Body in Wilmington repaint my front bumper, where they proceeded to blend out my fenders/hood in order to make the car match better (which it did). Now, six months later, the freaking clear coat is starting to peel right the hell off. One of my fenders has already peeled and I had it repainted by one of my father's well-known friends. They paint matched very well, but my brother's old Integra GS-R had a repaint done from that same shop and about a year later his paint started chipping. It was a spur of the moment decision on my end to have the job done by them (my fault), and now my hood is starting to show signs of clear coat failure. It's only a matter of time before my front bumper and other fender show signs as well. PAC AutoBody did a freaking terrible job with the prepwork too (you can see spots all over the front part of the hood where there were contaminants on the hood before they sprayed). I'm pretty pissed off about this but there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm willing to spend.

Just give me a good freaking shop that does a quality @$$ job!

Thank you much!

EDIT - I have a PPW Z.

Last edited by MikeBit; 11-21-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
DriftBum

Originally Posted by MikeBit
Hey guys, I'm in need of your help. I require A REPUTABLE, GREAT QUALITY PAINT SHOP in the Los Angeles area (I live in the 818 area code). I had PAC Auto Body in Wilmington repaint my front bumper, where they proceeded to blend out my fenders/hood in order to make the car match better (which it did). Now, six months later, the freaking clear coat is starting to peel right the hell off. One of my fenders has already peeled and I had it repainted by one of my father's well-known friends. They paint matched very well, but my brother's old Integra GS-R had a repaint done from that same shop and about a year later his paint started chipping. It was a spur of the moment decision on my end to have the job done by them (my fault), and now my hood is starting to show signs of clear coat failure. It's only a matter of time before my front bumper and other fender show signs as well. PAC AutoBody did a freaking terrible job with the prepwork too (you can see spots all over the front part of the hood where there were contaminants on the hood before they sprayed). I'm pretty pissed off about this but there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm willing to spend.

Just give me a good freaking shop that does a quality @$$ job!

Thank you much!

EDIT - I have a PPW Z.
Ive been on here for about a year now and ive seen this question a few times. I have by no means retained any of the suggestions but youd think they'd have a good sticky on this.Mind you i know they have a list of socal shops but thats just a super long post with a bunch of randoms. I dunno just ranting sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Last edited by DriftBum; 11-21-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
MikeBit

Thank you. Yeah I know that sticky thread is right there, but there are too many shops listed. I need ONE and DONE. A damn good shop. Top notch paint matching is not the only thing I'm shopping for, I'M SHOPPING FOR GREAT PREP WORK, GREAT SPRAY WORK, AND THE DAMN CLEAR COAT DOESN'T FAIL.

I'm going to have to repaint the entire front end of the car because of PAC's ridiculous job.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:51 PM
LB350z07

Autoxplosion in gardena
Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Look at this thread they are fairly close to the valley.
https://my350z.com/forum/southern-ca...s-in-cali.html
Old 11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LB350z07
Autoxplosion in gardena
+1

very happy with my repair work and body paint on my Evo X after my neighbor backed into it.

worth the drive down to Gardena.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
MikeBit

Originally Posted by Chebosto
+1

very happy with my repair work and body paint on my Evo X after my neighbor backed into it.

worth the drive down to Gardena.
25 miles is nothing I'll check these guys out. Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Honestly, it's a horrible feeling when you have a sick looking car and your paint is acting up on you

All I need to do is paint my calipers yellow and I'll be good. Keep it simple, keep it clean, you've got a great looking car.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:40 PM
John H.

Makito @ Seven Apple has painted a few things for me, and the work is of good quality. He is located in Torrance, CA., and his number is 310-972-8529.

In the pic below, he painted the bumper and spoiler.

Last edited by John H.; 11-23-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added Info.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
TheDangerZone

Originally Posted by LB350z07
Autoxplosion in gardena
Auto Explosion is where I'd go.

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-ca...explosion.html
Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 PM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've been to numerous shops to paint my car.. and honestly, everywhere I read. Everyone says Auto Explosion in Gardena. I went to a shop a friend recommended and I liked it, but to be honest I am going to try out Auto Explosion next. Their name doesn't go around for no reason!

- Ben