Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Best Dealer in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 09:55 PM
mitchrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Dealer in Los Angeles

I got my Touring at Universal Nissan. After years of driving BMWs and Audis I have to say the Nissan dealerships are kinda frightening. Can anyone recommend a good one for service, preferably on the westside?

Last edited by mitchrc; 01-02-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Boink

Same here - I got my 04 Touring there last week and vowed to never set foot in that dealership again. Had I discovered this forum before, I would not have gone there in the first place. But they did have a large selection and (after 6 hours) I did get the car I wanted for the price I wanted.

I am also looking for a good place for regular maintenance in or near Hollywood or the westside.

John
Old 01-02-2004, 10:09 PM
mitchrc

Originally posted by Boink
Same here - I got my 04 Touring there last week and vowed to never set foot in that dealership again. Had I discovered this forum before, I would not have gone there in the first place. But they did have a large selection and (after 6 hours) I did get the car I wanted for the price I wanted.

I am also looking for a good place for regular maintenance in or near Hollywood or the westside.

John
You probably bought the black one with orange leather out from under me didn't you.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:11 PM
djdorifto

go to Duarte Nissan =)
I hate Universal Nissan, my parents stop by there because of they wanted to buy a Xettra, one of the sales man there kept showing shows a cheap one and stuff, I guess cause we are hispanic he thinks we want the cheap one, **** he said "yeah this car is gonna run ya like 375 a month I don't think your going to afford it." I told him we wern't going to do payments anyways, we had cash in mind, he quickly changed his tune, but I told him naw never were going to a different dealership. Its sad really that I can't even buy a car without getting hassle because am hispanic.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:14 PM
mitchrc

I went in there on a Saturday and felt like I was the only customer who didn't speak spanish. It was insanely busy so I came back on Sunday and when the sales guys saw my 3-series he walked out and said, "You must want a Z!"

Yuck! Bad experience. That and they tried to gouge me.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:19 PM
breakerboy

no offense but that place is an effing ZOO, I only went there to compare all the colors when the z was pretty rare.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
mitchrc

None taken. I agree, but they do usually have the best selection. As I said, I'll never go back in there.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:57 PM
time4aspliff

Also beware of Cerritos Nissan. It's just like Universal except on a smaller scale. They are all about price gouging no matter who you deal with. My friend got screwed hard. They told him repeatedly that they wouldn't mark-up the price but in the end, they did exactly that. A bunch of slime-*****!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ome see me!! You know I'll take good care of you. We have 1 to 4 Forum members a day in the shop getting everything from oil changes to cams installed. You won't find a more mod friendly dealer!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:34 AM
Boink

Originally posted by mitchrc
You probably bought the black one with orange leather out from under me didn't you.
Nope! Didn't even see that one there actually. I got the Touring Silverstone. We had to go to their storage lot to get it, which added an extra hour and a half to the whole ordeal.

I agree with everyone who said it's a zoo, the salesmen swarm around like hungry pirhannas.

Jeff, I saw some other posts recommending you and I will come out there. It's just a bit of a drive for me.

John
Old 01-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by Boink
Jeff, I saw some other posts recommending you and I will come out there. It's just a bit of a drive for me.
Just be sure and let me know when your coming. I like to be at the shop if I know Forum members are out. Also I'll take you for one of those E-Ticket rides in my or Jason's Z.....
Old 01-03-2004, 11:28 AM
kzshin

Go South Gate Nissan, and find Pedro Orchav or Edwin or their GM Juan. (ignore all others from South Gate) They are willing to give discount and they treated me well.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Bertg

Give Power Nissan of Torrance a try. Speak to one to the Internet Sales Managers. I got $1000 off MSRP with no hassles.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:55 AM
noble

Ive been to 5 different Nissan dealerships to look and test drive the Z. The last dealership i stop by was Performance Nissan. Test drove a ppw with nismo exh and wheels. It was by far the best dealership I have been too. Very nice and not pushy at all. So when my lemon law goes threw(who knows when that is) I will be going back to Performance Nissan to pick up my new baby and some goodies too.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by noble
Ive been to 5 different Nissan dealerships to look and test drive the Z. The last dealership i stop by was Performance Nissan. Test drove a ppw with nismo exh and wheels. It was by far the best dealership I have been too. Very nice and not pushy at all. So when my lemon law goes threw(who knows when that is) I will be going back to Performance Nissan to pick up my new baby and some goodies too.
Be sure and find me next time your at the dealer so we can talk Mod parts, and take a thrash in my car.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:53 PM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove all the way out to Monteclair (Metro Nissan) to get my car. It was a necessity because there were only 2 CS Tracks in the state. I really like the people there. Personally, I plan to go to performance Nissan whenever possible. I like to support those who support the forum.

BTW, I avoid Universal City Nissan like the plague.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:34 PM
noble

Yea Jeff i will have to hit ya up for i ride next time im over that way. As far as Metro Nissan they were real nice but didnt know really anything about the car. Nore did they have alot in stock, the 3 times i was there they had no coupes.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:45 PM
wmchew

I purchased mine at Metro Nissan because they had the exact car I wanted and no mark up above MSRP. I've visited Performance Nissan and had a very good experience with the sales staff. I like the no pressure follow ups they had also. I will take my car to Performance Nissan for all of my servicing eventhough it's a 40 mile drive. I like the professional support from Jeff.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:21 PM
kzshin

Although I do recommend South Gate Nissa, I do have good experience with Perfomance Nissan of Duarte also. I am thinking going down there one day just to checkout the performance parts.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:45 PM
punkassjimmy

cool... looks like performance Nissan gets the thumbsup from everyone... looks like I will have to call Jeff soon about acquiring a Z there....

Quick Reply: Best Dealer in Los Angeles