Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I hate you Santa Clarita courthouse...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
threetothefour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate you Santa Clarita courthouse...

First of all, I know it was my fault that i was speeding.
So today was my court date. I live in Irvine but i drove all the way to Santa Clarita courthouse. It wasnt a trial, i set this up as a traffic appearance. It was in 8:30 in the morning. I was just hoping that if i can reduce the fine and eligible for traffic school. Right when judge appeared, he said he will reduce the fine as long as people plead guilty.
I wasnt gonna fight it anyways, so i pleaded guilty. He told me he will reduce my fine in half and he will let me go to traffic school. I went out from courtroom, and waited until my name to be called. I was very unlucky that i was the last person they called. I waited until 12:50. I walked up to the payment window, and cashier(?) told me i have to pay 490... my original fine was 490. So i told her that Judge reduced the fine and i asked her if she can double check it. But she kept saying that she cant do anything because judge did not reduce my fine and even worse thing was I was not eligible for traffic school. This was very odd, because I have not received any ticket past 3 years. I had to pay 490 at the window and left... because if i dont pay by today, they will put additional charge. Should I write an appeal letter??
sorry my english is very rusty...

Last edited by threetothefour; 03-27-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
LunchBox20

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Always best to have things in writing instead of shitty agreements. I've only lived in California for a short period of time, and this state has some very skewed, absurd, and just plain retarted laws, and methods.
The Judicial branch is shady shady shady, and seeing as how I'm sure each county, city, etc is trying to get as much $ as possible, cause the state is "broke", they are going to do just that.
I got screwed by the Alahambra Courthouse for $1,200 for a speeding ticket that was $490 because apparently they didn't receive my certified mailed letter.

F*$k em' all and I hope they are the first to go in a Zombie Apocalypse