Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

High end modifacations

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 09:22 AM
350zin949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High end modifacations

Hey whasup guys,

My name is David im new to the forums and I was just curous I live in Orange County California. And I am looking for a company to do the custom work on my new 350z. And I was wondering if any one else on this site has been to (949)Motoring? Because there like the 310motoring of Orange county and I heard that they customize alot of 350z's and g35 coupes and sedans. Plus other luxuruy cars. But im not sure how they work even t hough I have heard really good things about them. Maybe some of you guys have had your cars done by them before. Can someone please let me know how they are? If so I would really appreciate it. Alright take care guys.

Dave-
Old 02-03-2004, 09:48 AM
BigBadBlackTrack

For wheels, bodykits, suspension, bolt ons and etc I highly recommend Jeff@Performance Nissan.

Im sure someone here can help you with Audio, Interior and High end engine mods.

Welcome to the forums David
Old 02-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Elitemotion

Audio I would recommend Creative Audio (www.creative-carz.com) ... what are you looking to do to your Z anyways? Might be able to help you better that way if you tell us
Old 02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
350zin949

Hey man. Thanks for responding to my post. I will defintly look at the link for the website you sent a link for. I pretty much know excatly what im looking for. Im looking into to getting some new 19 or 20 inch wheels and tires, (1) 10inch Subwoofer, head unit, window tint, suede headliner, custom floor mats, a custom holder for my Ipod, and a multi channel amp. Im probably leaving out something but thats pretty much my goal im trying to reach I have set aside like $8500 so far and ill have like another $2500 in about 2 to 3 weeks. So I have serious plans for this car. And eventually ill get lambo doors on my car but Ill hold out on that for now. But anyways thats what im doing. Take it easy bro.

David-
Old 02-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

if you want serious motor work done, Technosquare has machinery in-house to port/polish build up anything from roll cages to custom turbo/tuning work.

they're the only ones i trust with tuning, they're off the 110S , 223rd street exit, located on Normandie Ave.

why not leave out some of that heavy audio stuff and make ur car hella fast? $10k in power mods will put you faster than most high-end sports cars....
Old 02-04-2004, 05:15 PM
350zin949

Good looking out man. Even though its tempting to make this car quicker. But im more of a baller if you will. And I like the sounds of the bass and the looks of the flashy rims and the navigation systems. and all the crazy stuff so I think im going to go ahead and stick with (949)Motoring in Orange County. I actually went by their shop in Yorba Linda today and there was a G35 Coupe rolling out of the parking lot with their name on it. But they do cars for everybody like 50cent and p diddy. So you know I think im going to stick with theese guys. Anyway thanks alot for the response.

Dave-
Old 02-04-2004, 08:20 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

why do people always want to emulate rappers?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Elitemotion

cause their big balling on chromed 20's <doh>
Old 02-04-2004, 10:03 PM
350zin949

Hey man I dont know why people always imitate rappers. Thats a really good question. But you know what for me, alot of my freinds are in the hip hop business. And I like it, why do people feel the need and try to copy cat that fast and furious ****? I dont know that either, but aftermarket for me is showing off. If I didnt want to show off I would leave my 350z stock! But I like flashy things and I like to be noticed when I roll up some place. Iam so involved in hip hop and I enjoy looking the part, its really a lifestyle that you just get used to after a while and you just begin to do the things that the people around you do. But you know what, if you get any aftermarket things done to your car than I would consider you a copy cat, because its not like you didnt get your ideas from somewhere. I hope you understand what iam saying. Take care bro,,

Dave-
Old 02-06-2004, 01:08 AM
3Z0C

Hey whasup bro my name is Chris. I saw that you were getting your z done at (949)Motoring. Thoose guys are awesome they just did my 03Z, they did a great job and it was done very prompt not a minute before or after they said they would have it ready for me. I got my new exhaust, rims and tires, window tint, sound system, and they did my name in my seat. And I think im going to take it back to them so they can do my suspension that I want. And im considering a new body kit, so yeah man go with them. They really are the best in the business. In plus did you know that they were the distributers for Giovanna in Orange County? They did a set of 10flush Giovannas on my car so you know man they can hook you up real good. Make sure and hit me up at this email address Creamadacrop_8@hotmail.com and send me pictures once their done with your z. Stay up man.

Chris,
Old 02-06-2004, 04:48 PM
350zin949

Chirs sounds good bro. Im glad to hear you went to (949)Motoring and they hooked you up good over there. I am evem more confident about getting my ride done over there now. Lets try and hook up next week on wednsday thats when they said my z will be ready so lets either try for wednsday night or friday night. Just curious but do you know how old the owner of (949)Motoring is? Because he looks really young but he's really knowledgable about the business and he looks like he has alot of money judgin by the Jacob and co watch he had on. Let me know if you know. Take it easy fella. Dave-
Old 02-07-2004, 10:22 PM
3Z0C

Hey bro,
Yeah man I went over there to (949)Motoring and like I said they took good care of me. And if your good with wednsday lets try and hook up I would love to see the work on your car when there done. We should gather all of the people with 350z's and G35 coupes and sedans that have been hooked up thru (949)Motoring and we should start up a club! Ill mention it to the CEO and we'll see what he thinks he might buy into it. (never know??) Anyway you asked about how young the CEO is he's like 16 years old and he was even in this news paper called inland valley news, and it talked about how he got started and all of the things he does and him and his dad run the place,. But yeah Jr is 16 and his real name is Randy Phillips. Its funny because you ask him what his name is and he'll say (JR) but then you get a business card and it says Randy Phillips its kinda cool though. I wish I had a nick name . And your also right about his knowledge he really knows alot about rims and other custom things that can be done with cars, he really consults with people and lets them know what can and cannot be done to a car. And yuo know I took my Z to 310motoring before they closed down to get my ride hooked up and they told me to find someplace else to go get it done they said ( we cant help you) I thought that was out there. But you know I go to (949)Motoring and they didnt care they were like you know we will take care of you here. So you know they were the most logical folks I could find and I didnt have to drive into stupid La anymore to get my cars done. But anyway bro take it easy and hit me up and at my email address and give me your cell number or something and I will give you instructions to Fat Burger in Irvine because we can meet there during lunch tme next week. Later

Chris

PS: The owners watch did look really expensive but I think he's also a rapper I dont think he only does this car stuff,when I was there he had this big *** Gaurd that was standing over him the whole time and then there was this other gaurd that stayed out in front of the shop's front door the whole time I was there so I dont know?.Holla back

Old 02-08-2004, 09:51 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

is the Z the next Escalade?.... tune in next week @ my350z.com

Last edited by ihatethatbobbarker; 02-08-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:46 AM
AREITU

Alright, internet exploder deleted my previous post.

Any shop is going to say "we'll take care of you" if you walk in acting and looking like you're about to flatten your wallet with a sledgehammer and shxt bills into their hand. f you haven't noticed 310 tends to cater to a stratospheric crowd, usually ones with more expensive, larger, and bling-er vehicles than a 350Z. (949)Motoring isn't as picky because they're building a reputation.

I am often consulted for car advice. I don't work at a shop and I'm not paid, so very few people take me seriously.

So you're in the "hip-hop" business? Does it involve music other than listening to it at a club or off your iPod or MP3 collection? Or do you drive around cruising for chicks with ice, ICE and platinum teef? If you feel the need to copy rappers, ballers, or whatever you think you are or hang out with, why didn't you get a huge SUV to begin with to show off the fact that you can afford 8 miles per gallon? It takes half a C-note to fill the tank, rah? You can fit bigger wheels on a glorified Tahoe (Escalade, H2, whatever) too if you roll the fenders.

I trust very few shops. In fact, the shops I do trust never say "We'll take care of you." Know why? Because good enough to where you already know and they don't have to try to remind you. Like a good sushi place, these shops aren't very well known (Thankfully) but do extremely good work. Technosquare (Tadashi is waaaaay to 1337...), Bruce Nomura (I nearly bowed at his feet when I met him. He makes 600hp Supras smog legally in CA), German Performance...but wait, you guys don't do the performance thing...
Old 02-08-2004, 10:54 AM
350zin949

Hey man what are you the Next american Jack ***? Look man people should be able to do what they please with their cars. Everybody is diferent with their stuff I mean people even put 20s on the 360ferrari spider/modena. So you know lay off and let people do what they like.

Dave-
Old 02-08-2004, 01:09 PM
AREITU

Originally posted by 350zin949
Hey man what are you the Next american Jack ***? Look man people should be able to do what they please with their cars. Everybody is diferent with their stuff I mean people even put 20s on the 360ferrari spider/modena. So you know lay off and let people do what they like.

Dave-
Yes. I am the all american Next Jackass.

You can do what you want with your car. I'm not going to stop you. People are also free to critisize you, and I'm not going to be the last person to do so. Live with it becuase you're on a forum where people want 350Zs to go fast, not ice, ICEing and blinging out cars.

The 20 inch rims people put on Ferraris are usually HRE, Fiske or Kinesis. They're are extremely strong and they won't break on the track. They're also extremely wide for traction. I'm sure Giovanni rims will like it when you hit a pothole, go over a speedbump, or how it will coddle your rear end when you drive on the 405. Rah? That's the "in" word, right? "rah"
You can have technosquare tune your engine to get 8 miles per gallon like your hip hop friends' SUVs. When they do that, you'll be a lot faster and most of us will shut up too.

Also, if you share your thoughts about why you want to do what you want to do with your car, most people like me will shut up too. Like how I shut up when I watched "Rides" and 310Motoring explained why they and Giovanni made some ugly-*** rims to put on the Enzo: Because they would be the first, probably the last, and just to do it. Stay away from chrome fender flares but you know better...right?

For the dvd screen, why not have them place the cradle in the cubby above the radio, and get the cover from the navigation system so it'll open and close automatically?

What's up with hip-people and their obsession with area codes? You got hoes or bros? In every area code? Or just that one? It's always been something I wonder. I didn't say I didn't like you either.

Last edited by AREITU; 02-08-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
350zin949

Hey man I respect your oppionion too I didnt call you a jack *** I called that guy a jack *** that said (is the 350z the next escalade) But you know when it comes to you I really iam not offended by what you say. I think it sounds like you are a very oppinoated individual. You probably are not a bad guy, I mean you asked me what I am to hip hop? Iam a hiphop/R&B A&R for electra records. So you know all of my freinds are in the hip hop industrie, and trust me I know people are going to say what they want my dads a pastor and Iam used to people haveing there own say in things. But you know, man all of my guys are in this business and they put thousands of dollars into their cars and the 350z has become popular among the hip hop industrie. And its no wonder why some want their z's to do what they turn them into. And you know, hip hop music videos made the Z so popular because im obviusly into the urban community I heard about Nissan giving a hip hop artist lil zane a drop top 350z for his hip hop music video. So I never thought I would have even purchased a 350z but I did because it was more than just a racing inspired vehicle for me. And just to let you know people do put diferent wheels on ferraris besides HRE,BBS orfiske. Because I know the rapper/producer timbaland, and he has a set of 20inch lownhart ld1's on the right side of his ferrari drop top and a set of axis se7en's on his left side so people do get other rims besides the ones you named on their ferrari's. Even my uncle has a 360spider with 20inch Lsportline rims on his ferrari. You know man I really dont know with the obssesion with area codes are. But I happend to like (949)Motoring because thats my area code, maybe its not the most original name but I think its tight I think in most major places they should have one car shop with the area code in it, and then they should have all the other ones. Because the (ballers) arent going to go to some moms and pops racing store to get their high end rides hooked up. I know I wouldnt. And to let you know I also have a 03Range Rover and it has all the stuff that you think a (rapper) should have whatever. Anyway man do your thing, I appreciate your feed back. Take it easy

Dave-

PS: I dont know what the hell RAH" is and also 310motoring did not design anything with giovanna west coast customs is the company giovanna did the thing witih for the enzo. (949)Motoringn did an enzo too.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:57 PM
AREITU

Originally posted by 350zin949
Hey man I respect your oppionion too I didnt call you a jack *** I called that guy a jack *** that said (is the 350z the next escalade) But you know when it comes to you I really iam not offended by what you say. [edited for legnth] And to let you know I also have a 03Range Rover and it has all the stuff that you think a (rapper) should have whatever. Anyway man do your thing, I appreciate your feed back. Take it easy

Dave-

PS: I dont know what the hell RAH" is and also 310motoring did not design anything with giovanna west coast customs is the company giovanna did the thing witih for the enzo. (949)Motoringn did an enzo too.
Me using the word "Rah" is my litmus for testing people and you have passed. There's this dude that talks to me who claims to have all these sponsorships and stuff but dosen't have any pictures or evidence to back it up. He thinks he's all that, and uses the word "rah" quite often. You have earned my respect and I hope it goes the same way with others. I don't really have a big problem with people decking out a 350Z a certain way because it's in production, not limited in number and not 3000 man-hours of work by sweaty Italian guys.

Nissan probably gave Lil Zane a 350Z convertible for the same reason GM did with the Escalade and the H2. They get the word out, market the car as pretigous and then write it off as advertising.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:45 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i have long surpassed jackass i am now superjackass...

btw to me it just sounds like your bragging
if its any concilation my mom has a z roadster my dad a land cruiser both brand new, he also owns a construction company and a yacht...
Old 02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Janus

Um... trying to steer this post back on track....

Do you guys know of anyone who can install car PC's?

I found a lot of helpfull websites with walkthroughs, but I really don't have the time, (or patience...) to do it myself...

Quick Reply: High end modifacations