Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Looking for Clear Bra?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 05:01 PM
dbsinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Clear Bra?

I am looking to get a Clear Bra and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good and cheap place in the LA area?

Also has anyone tried to install these things themselves?

Thanks
Old 02-16-2004, 07:07 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately you cannot use "good " and "cheap" in the same sentence when u talk about clear bras. I got mine done by the guys over at Envisiage Design Labs in Torrance and have been happy with it so far. Do a search and you will find there are quite a few of us from So Cal that have gotten ours done there. Call and ask for Daniel.

www.transparentbra.com]http:\\www.transparentbra.com[/URL]

And no, I wouldnt recommend doing it yourself.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:34 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll second that. Envisage's prices are VERRRRY resonable and the workmanship is par excellence. Also if you haven't done this before, I don't believe one or even two people could do it by themselves. I saw how they put it on when they were doing my front end and, trust me, it's waaaaay beyond a DIY's ability.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:38 PM
zman23

I agree with Roland as well. I got my front bumper and V1 lip there as well and they did an excellent job! I highly recommend them to anyone. It takes about 3 hours, at least thats what it took to complete my set up.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:15 AM
dbsinc

Default Thanks for the info, but how much was it?

Thanks but I need to know how much it was because I have a local ship in Van Nuys that I have used for other things who have applied a couple of these on Porches before but not the Z yet. Plus the guys at the shop are really cool and will give a me a great deal if I bring them the materials; so I am debating on taking the car to someone who has done this on a Z before over my guys.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Bertg

Envisage has worked on numerous Z's and G35's as well as Vipers, Porches, Ferraris, etc.. They do excellent work. They did my Sequioa and will doing my Z. If your guys make a mistake with the kit, you're SOL as you'll have to buy new ones. If EDL makes a mistake, it's their dime. You can ask for a quote on-line on their website. Good Luck!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

You should also consider Star Shield Armor. They did the kit on the LA Auto Show Project Z Roadster and it came out great.

They've done two other project cars for the show, as well as my race cars. Their corporate headquarters is in Irwindale, CA.

Do some research to determine which kit provides the coverage you want. Most companies use the same material, but kit designs and covered area can vary quite a bit. The Star Shield kit I have covers the bumper cover, hood, front fenders, mirrors, etc. As mentioned by the others, installation is key with paint and headlight protection film.